Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This port is a hot mess lol, even worse than RDR2.

Launch game, wait 20 mins for "optimization".

Watch an unskippable intro right after.

Go into Options, change graphics settings, restart.

Learn game must be run as an administrator, otherwise it doesn't save anything.

Start the game again, wait for another 20 mins long optimization.

Last edited:

Readher

Savant
yWq30RF.png

EDIT:
ZrdX73R.png

https://crackwatch.com/game/horizon-zero-dawn

Last edited:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Haven't played much yet, but the game runs fine for me at 1440p on ultra (I have an older i7 and a RTX 2080). It's getting review bombed on steam, though, so apparently it's rough for others. The only annoyance is that it takes literally 15 minutes the first time you play to compile shaders.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The only annoyance is that it takes literally 15 minutes the first time you play to compile shaders.

It does that every time you update your drivers.

Problem is the new drivers tuned for Horizon have been released two days ago and the game actually reminds you to update. And then it starts "optimizing" right afterwards. As a result p. much everybody will:

1. start
2. learn to update drivers
3. wait 20 minutes for "optimization"
4. quit
5. update drivers
6. restart and wait 20 minutes again

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Is the Codex legit interested in this game? Always had the impression it was the shit people here hate the most(shallow AAA "RPG" with bad writing).

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Is the Codex legit interested in this game? Always had the impression it was the shit people here hate the most(shallow AAA "RPG" with bad writing).
The fact that we already had a big thread about this RPG action game from when it was still a console exclusive, says a lot about what people here like to play.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
The fact that we already had a big thread about this RPG action game from when it was still a console exclusive, says a lot about what people here like to play.
Indeed it does.
Now compare it to the 800 page thread on BG3.
This forum is OVERRUN by Larianfags.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

I will play everything from a 40 year old RPG or an indie blobber made by 2 people to the most AAA-est action game if it's up my alley.

If I had fun unpacking retarded 10 dorra lootboxes all day long I would do it and I would keep coming to Codex and shamelessly talk about it with other brainless retards playing that game. I'm too old to give a fuck.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is this really worth pirating almost 70GB of files? I'm busy downloading this season anime.
The protagonist is a stronk stunningbrave wahmen but I'm having a fucking blast with the combat. I'd even go as far as saying it's the best combat system in its genre, easily. I'm playing on Very Hard and you need a combination of sneaking, laying traps, scanning for weaknesses, using the terrain to your advantage and also good reflexes and quick decision making with a strategic mix of archery and melee. Plus a ton of other details and original ideas (shoot off monster's gattling, pick it up, go full Bill Duke on the jungle wildlife).

I don't know if I'll get tired of it but so far I can't stop playing.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It's basically the best game that Ubisoft never made. If you get any enjoyment from playing popamole open-world action games then this is a gem.

JDR13

Arcane
I'm only a few hours in, but I'm not impressed so far. It's got that console feel to it, and there's no config file so it can't be tweaked beyond the in-game options.

If anyone else is playing this, how the hell do you get rid of the quest markers? I have them turned off in the settings, but they're still showing in the game world.

sullynathan

Arcane
You play Horizon for combat, the DLC is the most challenging part. The proper good fights don't start until you reach the desert region with thunder jaws. Many games do everything else better.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
If anyone else is playing this, how the hell do you get rid of the quest markers? I have them turned off in the settings, but they're still showing in the game world.

I wouldn't want to, no one gives you directions of course. It was designed with the compass in mind.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
There a nude mod yet? I'm assuming there is because why else would any of you fucktards buy a shitty port of a three year old console game on day 1?

JDR13

Arcane

I wouldn't want to, no one gives you directions of course. It was designed with the compass in mind.

I figured it out. You have to set 'HUD' to Custom, and it gives you access to another menu with a bunch of additional options.

ADL

Prophet

Given that you're playing this, I'd recommend Assassin's Creed Odyssey if you haven't already. It's designed without the mandatory compass. I'm really hoping they keep exploration mode for Valhalla because I loved this mode.
ac-odyssey-exploration-mode.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom