Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Lhynn

Arcane
Im on Sargona, you just reminded me i should unlock artificer now that im 30. Its a really good class.

Reinhardt

Arcane
I want to level to 20 and reincarnate into someone who can do shit. I mean it's cool to be able to answer to "help me, brave knight" with "lol ur evul! die, vampire bitch!" but i miss lot of optional content.

Lhynn

Arcane
Paladins are great fun from 1 to 20, in epics it just relies too much on gear and past lives to be worth going melee. I would max out favor to get the inquisitor tree though, it is pretty OP if you want to go with a rogue or something like that.

Codex Year of the Donut
if you get the bug where the grouping tab doesn't list the names of people in groups, switch to the who tab and let it load then switch back

DeepOcean

Arcane
Okay, interested into playing this, is the rogue class viable to solo? All those traps, hidden walls and locked doors are begging for a rogue and honestly, MMO combat sucks so I'm not interested in this for combat. If the rogue can fight his way through, solo, for most quests, I'm more than happy about it but if combat will become too much of a chore for the rogue, I will pick a tank.

Codex Year of the Donut
Okay, interested into playing this, is the rogue class viable to solo? All those traps, hidden walls and locked doors are begging for a rogue and honestly, MMO combat sucks so I'm not interested in this for combat. If the rogue can fight his way through, solo, for most quests, I'm more than happy about it but if combat will become too much of a chore for the rogue, I will pick a tank.
Rogues can solo just fine, but you can(and should) bring a hireling with you.
Combat is surprisingly good, feels like a singleplayer action RPG. I'd place it above pretty much any other MMO's combat, anyways. Easily the best real-time adaptation of D&D rules IMO.

Make sure you enter the promo code DDOFREEQUESTS ingame and pick up the two expansions for 99 points each before it expires(aug 31)

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant

Traps are the most dangerous thing in the game, especially on higher difficulties, so you will actually probably have an easier time soloing then other classes. You also get access to heal scrolls through the Use Magic Device skill later on, so healing yourself and others becomes an option with scrolls.
I recommend checking the DDOForums for info on how to build your character. In fact, just checking the Rogue class sub-forum, I found this build that is perfect for new players like yourself. You can even ask the original poster if you have any questions, the thread is still going at this time of year.

Also, check my signature for more details on the promo code and expansions.

Reinhardt

Arcane
if i unlock vistani and inquisitive will they stay unlocked after i lose access to ravenloft and sharn?

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
if i unlock vistani and inquisitive will they stay unlocked after i lose access to ravenloft and sharn?
DDOwiki says it is unlocked on a per character basis if you achieve enough favor. So I assume it would stay unlocked even when you lost access to the expansions.

infidel

StarInfidel
Developer
Strap Yourselves In
What would you guys recommend for duo play for newbies on normal difficulty, etc. One preferably a rogue.

Lhynn

Arcane
They did an oopsie on wayfinder, deleted all and their back up was from july 15. Right now wayfinder has huge bonuses to experience and loot, its a good moment to start playing, even if you are on another server its good chance to rack up some easy favor there.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Btw for first character is it better to reincarnate asap for more point builds or go all the way to 30, then epic reincarnation to 20, then reincarnation to 1?

Lhynn

Arcane
Hurry to 20 and do racial twice, so you unlock elite difficulty on that character and accsess to 36 point builds. Also do farm sharn and ravenloft favor for their unique enhancement trees, both are mazing.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Unlocked vistani. And finished ravenloft saga for true elite in the process.

Tome of my choice - listen, repair, swim and hide.:negative:

Zurat-Yarkuch

Savant
I think most people just go with the guild renown in heroics. In epics you can use the experience rewards from Sagas for speeding up Epic Reincarnations apparently

Helton

Arcane
I think if you're enjoying the character and don't experience too much power drop once you get into your 20's, you should do as many epic reincarnations as you can until you get bored with the loop. After first life you require more xp to level (at least in heroics) and that makes the road to 30 that much longer.

The epic past life feats are a lot more significant than the heroic ones. The loot is better to amass plat or cannith essence. It just seems like the benefits are a lot better all around. When you do heroic reincarnate if you have 2 or 3 epic past lives you'll be a lot more powerful and things will run smoother.

edit: I should mention that I don't mind spending money on the game and/or paying for vip so unlocking elite, for instance, was never an issue for me.

Reinhardt

Arcane
edit: I should mention that I don't mind spending money on the game and/or paying for vip so unlocking elite, for instance, was never an issue for me.
Well, i've tried to spend, but they refused. And now i'm sorf of scared. I'm only playing for ~month so if they just lost month's progress it's something to be wary of...

Reinhardt

Arcane
Went to Sharn right after Ravenloft. Normal is ok, except everyone is suddenly very beefy, hard is... got oneshotted by allahu akbar spider. Many annoying enemies like said spiders or knockdown explosion spamming fags. Flying missions are shit.

Main problem is that i'm seriously underequipped, so before i start elite, i need some preparations. My equipment is mix of red fens and barovia, so basically lvl 8-10 stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom