Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
zWjw4FH.jpg

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Another gem of a quote from an old videogame-related book, this one is from "How to Win at E.T. - The Video Game" (1982):

Atari's new E.T. cartridge is billed as the first "emotional" video game. And it is. The object of the E.T. game is an emotional objective - not so much score-oriented as it is goal-oriented. You want to get E.T. safely on his spaceship, heading back to his home planet. This is stuff for the heart, and a strange subject matter for a video game. If nothing else, it forces you to change the way you think about video gaming.

:hmmm:

Sounds like modern-day gaming journalism.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron

A little girl has been kidnapped by a witch, and seeks to escape. A great example of how gameplay doesn't need to be complex to provide entertainment.

Take special notice of the girl's reactions to her environment and circumstances and how it adds to the game, this is not your deadstare protagonist, but a successful integration of the game's UI into the game itself!

Download here:

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane

I paid so much, bought ps plus
But in the end it's just got no games
Remasters - yes.
Old games - nope.
PSN feels like a desert, little to no PS2 titles from massive library. Just one popamole garbage every quarter.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Nigga sucks at video game and instead of getting better, complains about people being better than him. That is what I would expect from females, tbh.

I have never even played Fall Guys and I could probably replicate that strategy too. That's what's even weirder.

If the goal is to just stay as high as possible.

He's just fucking jumping to the next tile.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron

Git gud, scrub. Welcome to the metagame. That player being better than you? Get your friends to gang up on him and ruin his day. Fall Guys allows for that.

Fall Guys is a bunch of otherwise easy-as-fuck minigames where you're racing others to either be the first to cross the finish line or be the last man standing. What makes the game fun are two things: The strict elimination rounds between matches, and the sheer number of players in every match clawing to reach those few, few qualifying spots. It's a non-violent Battle Royale-game. I've seen pro-tier gamers try and fail at this game... and they're laughing their asses off every step of the way.

Also, Battle Royale-type games always attract tryhards.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom