Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is divinity 2 ego draconis worth playing?

JDR13

Arcane
I abandoned this game when I got to the fortress and could become a dragon, I think. Around there anyway. If I recall correctly my main issue was stiff movement and combat? I remember a lot of awkward jumping. One of those "maybe try it again someday..." games along with Gothic 3 and Venetica.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? The animations are a little janky, but I never had any problems with jumping and don't recall any sequences that required a lot of it.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I liked that ending before start of expansion. It was nice shit. Expansion ending was meh.

Falksi

Arcane
You've really undone yourself here.

You see, I always just had you down as a more popamoley, consoley type gamer who appreciated Skyrim and games of it's ilk because that's how you're wired. I'm not of your level of Popafagness, but I am definitely one of the Codex's more console/popamole inclined posters, so can appreciate that angle.

But to praise Skyrim, yet slate this? I mean, WTF? I seriously can't think of anything which Skyrim does better than D2:TDKS, other than mod support.

Every single thing is done better in Skyrim. Every single thing. If you seriously can't think of anything, it is just your need to fit in with the crowd here. Plenty of years of RPGCODEX propaganda have brainwashed you.

I'd played both well before I'd signed up or even heard of the Codex, so I seriously doubt it.

Divinity 2 has more quality humour & excellent music in the first 10 minutes than Skyrim has throughout the entire game.

Varnaan

Augur
I don't see the comparison with Skyrim, one is an open world action game with slight RPG elements, the other is a focused linear ARPG with some weird flight sections.
They have nothing in common except clicking to attack and being in third person.
It's really a case of Apples and Oranges. If anything Ego Draconis is more similar to the first two Witcher games.

orcinator

Liturgist
I don't see the comparison with Skyrim, one is an open world action game with slight RPG elements, the other is a focused linear ARPG with some weird flight sections.
They have nothing in common except clicking to attack and being in third person.
It's really a case of Apples and Oranges. If anything Ego Draconis is more similar to the first two Witcher games.

Two games neither of which is worth playing for its gameplay but one is worth playing if you want to jerk off.
Issue is one is super obscure while one is super overrated.

Citizen

It's basically a spiritual successor to Drakan. RPG-lite with interesting vertical world, fun characters and you can be a dragon. It's very good if you can look past the EXTREME LEVELS OF JANK

Varnaan

Augur

Two games neither of which is worth playing for its gameplay but one is worth playing if you want to jerk off.
Issue is one is super obscure while one is super overrated.

I think both are worth playing.
Skyrim is not a very good RPG but it's still an elder scrolls game and it had some cool bits about the lore and regardless of the overall quality of content they built a decent world to explore.
Divinity 2 is just a good game held back by publishers and their inane demands.

I'd say Ego Draconis is kind of in the same bag as Two Worlds II, both are relatively low budget games with vast amounts of untapped potential that have some parts that shine and overshadow all shortcomings.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It has. Life is short. There is not time to waste in mediocre games. There are places to visit, girlfriends to fuck, buildings to build, fortunes to amass!
I thought you were Greek?
etruscan.jpg

1318778684320193320.png

Anyway the game is pretty fun, I'd recommend it as someone who wasn't too fussed about the D:OS games.

Citizen

Why is this game blurry and why does it jitter?

me said:
After hours of twerking the settings around I stumbled upon working combination: unlocked FPS in game and nvidia driver settings, used multicore rendering option in game and limit the amout of pre-rendered frames in driver settings ("low delay" option set to ultra). Maybe that would help some nvidia users

Fixed the camera stutter\jitter for me

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I renember playing it after release it was junky so abandoned it just after becoming Dragon... Then the expansion came out and Dragon Knight Version finally with fixed graphics, some bugfixes and played it to the end + Expansion which was very fun. Rough gem for me and had lot more fun playing it than DDOS and DDOS 2 because itemization was better. Cant remember much except something about Naxos some evil dude who was son of DD 1 hero and than you could run around in cool greek like armor, still the music was fun to listen too, RIP Komrade Kiril. :salute:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
See, this is your mistake right here. Melee in this game is FUBAR. The only way to rationally play it is with an archer or mage build.
That's not (entirely) true. Melee is more powerful than magic or archery, eventually. You just can't do it in the beginning of the game because the op melee skills require you to be higher level before you can pick them. Start with archery/magic, then respec once you have the dragon tower.

sullynathan

Arcane
The game has become a lot more interesting as things led up to becoming a dragon. The dragon combat is pretty shit though, particularly the fight against the bug in a cave. I can see why codex hated action rpgs when a lot of them during this time period play like this.

Curratum

Short answer is "no". I endured it for a few hours the just gave up. Virtually no redeeming qualities to motivate you to keep pushing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom