Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Naudrion: Fall of the Empire - open world action-RPG by Russian guy - now available on Early Access

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer
I work intensively on story quests and place items and chests in the location.
The game will encourage you to explore the world, I have placed many secret caches.

B3KZ7adeDdw.jpg
8nQkuNtYAyA.jpg
do3mG2ykEsw.jpg
bSW-bSjjjkw.jpg

Cat Dude

Savant
It does look more similar to Drakensang at this point than Gothic. Please don't copy Gothic horrible combat animation.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Dude just release the thing in early access and never finish it.
It's all the rage these days.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
I don't know why but this one-man effort looks more appealing to me than official upcoming Russians games like King Bounty 2 or SpellMaster... Best of luck.

Last edited:

Paper

Educated
Finite or respawning enemies? I'm always bummed when i clear out the world/an area and can't do more mindless grinding or experiment with different combat ideas.

Cat Dude

Savant
It does look more similar to Drakensang at this point than Gothic. Please don't copy Gothic horrible combat animation.

Drakensang is a party-based RTwP game. This is a single character action based game. Inventory and quick actions bar look very Gothic 3-like. Different kind of games completely.

Not really. I said based on what I saw on the screenshots.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Drakensang is a party-based RTwP game. This is a single character action based game. Inventory and quick actions bar look very Gothic 3-like. Different kind of games completely.

And you provided no explanation/justification for this bizarre statement :) what is so similar to Drakensang? Camera angle?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

And you provided no explanation/justification for this bizarre statement :) what is so similar to Drakensang? Camera angle?

Cat Dude

Savant

Inventory, menu and UI

What's the combat like? It's kinda hard to tell from the video. Is it just spamming LMB? Are there timing elements (timed block, timed dodge) ala Gothic 1/2, Risen 1?

Üstad

Arcane
Hi! I am developer of Naudrion. If you have any questions about the game, you can ask me.
Personal request, can you make an ornate interface like old crpgs? Even the new good crpgs lack them, I'm talking about interfaces like diablo 1, path of exile etc. I'd buy it since no game that I know of uses such interface.

Minimalism can go to hell I want ornate shit.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hi! I am developer of Naudrion. If you have any questions about the game, you can ask me.
Personal request, can you make an ornate interface like old crpgs? Even the new good crpgs lack them, I'm talking about interfaces like diablo 1, path of exile etc. I'd buy it since no game that I know of uses such interface.

I would rather see him removing the obvious bugs and releasing a fun game then trying to satisfy all the personal requests from various people. Interface seems finished, but the hitboxes are not. A one man team must keep his priorities straight.

Üstad

Arcane

I would rather see him removing the obvious bugs and releasing a fun game then trying to satisfy all the personal requests from various people. Interface seems finished, but the hitboxes are not. A one man team must keep his priorities straight.
Of course fundamentals come first, I hate it when devs try to cover up their buggy game with shiny things.

I prefer sharp timing in aRPGs to great hitboxes, if both cannot be had. Like you have to click block/parry within .5 seconds of enemy attack animation start, or it fails. Same with dodging. Otherwise, no matter how good the hitboxes are, the combat is boring. If there are no timing elements, it's just a LMB spamfest, like Bethesda games, and if they are there with loose timing, it's unskillful too. Too tight however, and you have something like Dark Souls 3, where parry is unusable for most peopel.

Jinn

Arcane
One of my major critiques right now would be that the movement has a very floaty look to it. It's always good in a game like this where exploration and travel is central to have your character and the denizens of the world to really feel as if they have the weight of gravity above each step and that they are connected to the earth. The best example of this is the bouncy feeling and plodding movement you find in Gothic 2. That kind of weighted movement goes a long way to making the player feel connected and immersed in the world.

Similarly, the combat could use more weight behind it too. It looks like a lot of wild swinging and every slash landing on the enemy looks like it's continuing to go through thin air. Like Porky said, this leads to the kind of combat feeling you find in games like Skyrim, which is just terrible and some of the worst action RPG combat around.

Last edited:

AlexMordor

Arcane
Developer
What's the combat like? It's kinda hard to tell from the video. Is it just spamming LMB? Are there timing elements (timed block, timed dodge) ala Gothic 1/2, Risen 1?
It is not just LMB spam. You can use block and many different skills.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom