Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

jackofshadows

Magister
I wonder how PSI-users are dealing with Hives on dom (even before the patch). 1.5k hp w/o able to crit it is no joke. For sniper though it's a piece of cake :smug:

As for Oddity system - I think it's great, although I'm not exactly sure that I'll actually hit the cup at the end: almost 28 now but pretty much only DC are left. Last perk doesn't really matter though - thinking between opportunist (but damage is no problem at all) and interlooper just for convinience (and since I have zero defensive perks - at least re-stealth + around a corner)

Parabalus

Arcane
I wonder how PSI-users are dealing with Hives on dom (even before the patch). 1.5k hp w/o able to crit it is no joke. For sniper though it's a piece of cake :smug:

As for Oddity system - I think it's great, although I'm not exactly sure that I'll actually hit the cup at the end: almost 28 now but pretty much only DC are left. Last perk doesn't really matter though - thinking between opportunist (but damage is no problem at all) and interlooper just for convinience (and since I have zero defensive perks - at least re-stealth + around a corner)

Swap to cryo-orb headband and nuke it.

For some reason, that fat fuck jet skies dealer cannot update his assortment; the expansion is coming to an end and I still have stock engine on my Glow :(
I completed the entire thing without ever changing anything on my jetski.
:obviously:

Did you play melee or ranged?

Had the same experience as ranged, but with a sword I needed maxed out jets.

hell bovine

Arcane
So I finally encountered Locust Hives... Dear god, who the fuck thought that this is a good idea? This shit is actively hostile towards player, from more than one standpoint.
If you have stealth, tnt blows them up, same as rocks.

edit: I thought my cave wizard used implosion on hives, but tbh I probably remember it wrong, and it was a proxied telekinetic punch. It was on dominating, though, so it's enough to dispose of the hives.

Last edited:

hell bovine

Arcane
So I finally encountered Locust Hives... Dear god, who the fuck thought that this is a good idea? This shit is actively hostile towards player, from more than one standpoint.

So, working as intended? ;)
Not really, the hive mechanics are wonky. From what I remember, stasis doesn't stop them from spawning and also if you aim at the spawned locusts with a LOC when they stand near a hive, most of them will remain unharmed.

Jezal_k23

So, working as intended? ;)
Not really, the hive mechanics are wonky. From what I remember, stasis doesn't stop them from spawning and also if you aim at the spawned locusts with a LOC when they stand near a hive, most of them will remain unharmed.

That is fairly objectively another thing in need of fixing. I'm also not sure how it was thought to be a good idea.

I criticize because I love this game. It's so close to perfect and it can get there as far as I'm concerned - it just needs a few adjustments, to fix the few leftover issues it has.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I criticize because I love this game. It's so close to perfect and it can get there as far as I'm concerned - it just needs a few adjustments, to fix the few leftover issues it has.

So a few micro-issues? Maybe styg should call in a micro-issue expert to help finish this game off.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
What is the 3rd strongest build after PSI and AR? (on hard)
By 'strongest' I mean something that has no trouble in combat but also a lost of skillpoints and feats free to chose.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I'm level 29 and bilocation is still an instant reload. One doppelganger deals like 500 HP aggregate damage - so with two of them it's 1000. And I have only ~750.

For example, I went to negotiate with pirates.

1t31.gif

I negotiate with entire port without a hiccup, and this is right until I meat Katya. Breakdown - Bilocation - reload. Even if Breakdown fails. And no, unlike what lukaszek said, PSI users are not squishy: bastards can cast spatial bullshit which effectively negates one brr from my 8.6 Huszar - and one brr from my Huszar is enough to kill 95% of enemies in the game (Naga Protector takes three without armour-piercing bullets, for example). One PSI woman is a way more dangerous than entire horde of pirates.

It's not that I'm complaining... It's just kinda strange: there are pushover enemies, there are hard enemies, and there are instant reload enemies. Lemme guess: Dominating throws more bilocating folk at you?

Sheepherder

Augur
There's absolutelly nothing wrong with Locust Hives, if anything, they're a bit weak and need a HP buff. I can 2shot them ffs!
ofSPntA.jpg

Also, made a video of the 4naga fight under the pirate lighthouse, using Balor's Hammer with 20 STR. Never tried maxing str before. It's surprisingly good, even without using crits.

It's not that I'm complaining... It's just kinda strange: there are pushover enemies, there are hard enemies, and there are instant reload enemies. Lemme guess: Dominating throws more bilocating folk at you?
Unironically - yes. More psi beetles and beetles Goliaths = stronger psi, which includes bilocation.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There's absolutelly nothing wrong with Locust Hives, if anything, they're a bit weak and need a HP buff. I can 2shot them ffs!
ofSPntA.jpg

Also, made a video of the 4naga fight under the pirate lighthouse, using Balor's Hammer with 20 STR. Never tried maxing str before. It's surprisingly good, even without using crits.

Unironically - yes. More psi beetles and beetles Goliaths = stronger psi, which includes bilocation.

Wouldnt a tichrome+tabi electro sledge work better than balor against these nagas?

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
ofSPntA.jpg

Wouldnt a tichrome+tabi electro sledge work better than balor against these nagas?

Wow, cool it with the n word buddy, it’s 2020 ffs

Sheepherder

Augur
I did some testing and Balor's is better. Nagas have Electrical 50% DR and 50 DT. With or without Expose Weakness active, Balor deals more damage. Tichrome would only get 1 attack over Ballor but still be behind in damage.

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
This might be a pretty big nerf to snipers.
Spearhead sniper rifles will now have base action points of 32 (up from 30)
Rapid reloaders takes off 20% of the AP cost. 20% of 32 is 6.4. 32-6.4 is 25.6. If the AP cost is rounded up, that means you can't fire the Spearhead two times in a turn now. With the Dragunov nerfs, Snipers are big piped this update. Kind of a shame, since I'd hate to be RNG screwed out of firing twice per turn just because my rapid reloader/Dragunov didn't proc.

Yes, removing guaranteed two shots per turn is the whole point of the change.
The curious part is why RNG is involved, important procs like pneumatic hammer damage+stun happen reliably every few hits, but not this one.
But why? People still had an incentive to use some of the bulkier sniper rifles when it came to one shotting important targets, so I don't think it's a matter of balancing out all the Snipers. Was the Sniper class really that OP before all this?

Well, everyone was crafting Rapid Spearheads and this is the solution drafted for it.

There's a buff effect from this change on other guns too but it seems pretty light, you'll get an extra burst only if you were very close to the breakpoint already, as you need perfect RNG to gain AP equal to the cost of firing a shot, but it could be a noticeable buff for bullet pistols, especially heavy ones.

The AP return is called at 20, so it doesn't incentivize 12.7mm Corsair either, just pure nerfs.

This is what I don't get Styg. Why bother nerfing like this in a single player game? Should've communicated more about your intent so at least we can understand where you are coming from.

Last edited:

oneself

Arcane
Shitposter
A minority-white, multicultural hellscape
God damn, DOMINATING is a proper hardcore, indeed. The bugs... are too strong. I can throw net on a single one and shot him but there're simply too many of'em around. Guess my only option is to sneak to Newton and fuck him over.

Dominating? You need to be ready in body, mind and spirit.

By which I mean, play an OP build like Classic XP SMG.

Wait. Is this still OP? How are people making it work without Smart Module on burst and 2AP QT?

I haven't even considered playing SMG post-nerf.

ciox

Liturgist
This might be a pretty big nerf to snipers.
Spearhead sniper rifles will now have base action points of 32 (up from 30)
Rapid reloaders takes off 20% of the AP cost. 20% of 32 is 6.4. 32-6.4 is 25.6. If the AP cost is rounded up, that means you can't fire the Spearhead two times in a turn now. With the Dragunov nerfs, Snipers are big piped this update. Kind of a shame, since I'd hate to be RNG screwed out of firing twice per turn just because my rapid reloader/Dragunov didn't proc.

Yes, removing guaranteed two shots per turn is the whole point of the change.
The curious part is why RNG is involved, important procs like pneumatic hammer damage+stun happen reliably every few hits, but not this one.
But why? People still had an incentive to use some of the bulkier sniper rifles when it came to one shotting important targets, so I don't think it's a matter of balancing out all the Snipers. Was the Sniper class really that OP before all this?

Well, everyone was crafting Rapid Spearheads and this is the solution drafted for it.

There's a buff effect from this change on other guns too but it seems pretty light, you'll get an extra burst only if you were very close to the breakpoint already, as you need perfect RNG to gain AP equal to the cost of firing a shot, but it could be a noticeable buff for bullet pistols, especially heavy ones.

The AP return is called at 20, so it doesn't incentivize 12.7mm Corsair either, just pure nerfs.

This is what I don't get Styg. Why bother nerfing like this in a single player game? Should've communicated more about your intent so at least we can understand where you are coming from.

Ah, of course a maximum cap was added as well.
It's all so tiresome.

God damn, DOMINATING is a proper hardcore, indeed. The bugs... are too strong. I can throw net on a single one and shot him but there're simply too many of'em around. Guess my only option is to sneak to Newton and fuck him over.

Dominating? You need to be ready in body, mind and spirit.

By which I mean, play an OP build like Classic XP SMG.

Wait. Is this still OP? How are people making it work without Smart Module on burst and 2AP QT?

I haven't even considered playing SMG post-nerf.

You have two options, either go for crits (was always viable with Steel Cat/Chimera) which has more options now, or go specialize every feat that helps bullet damage and fits your build, panhandling for extra damage bonuses from Full Auto, Opportunist, Blindsiding, Gun Nut, begging for more AP from Commando and Blitz, etc.

jackofshadows

Magister
I was able to descend last night but haven't updated a single piece of gear for days (turns out, I got pretty lucky with vendors mid-game: 155+ spearhead part, 19% crit chance googles, few 160 plasma cores...) So I'm checking vendors over and over at alt-tab mode and cannot decide to finnaly move on :negative:

jackofshadows

Magister
Nah, I just wanna upgrade at least something and go down already. I like to play by the rules. It's not like I'm farming because I cannot get something crucial to my build (but should at this point). In that case - maybe, yeah.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom