Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Oh shit bros! I should've continued reading more. Look! They DID read my threads! Or maybe someone else gave similar feedback? Who cares! This awesome sauce!
cQ9bhHv.png

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Around 55-60% of people play on normal and are angels. Angels are pussies confirmed?
Angel is the "default" path, you have to find and unlock the others (except Demon)
Also angels are muh compared to the path of the legend :obviously:! Is it in the game yet?
I haven't found it yet in the Alpha, I think that it isn't accessible until later in the game, and you have to ignore the other paths to a degree (I seem to recall the devs saying something to that effect, anyway)
About demon mythic path, demons synergyzes well with arcane casters or only barbs? I wanna make a demon lord sorcerer
I dunno if it would be as optimal as a Lich or something but you could make it work. There are a fair amount of generic Mythic feats and stuff that are really good and available to any path.

I'm surprised Demon is the least played tbh, it's one of those archetypes people like. It's certain people go "what the fuck is an Azata?" when given the choice.
It doesn't become accessible until later in the Alpha.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I haven't found it yet in the Alpha, I think that it isn't accessible until later in the game, and you have to ignore the other paths to a degree (I seem to recall the devs saying something to that effect, anyway)
That makes me dick really hard,hope to live long enough to see it out and manage to play. Hope to not burst a cock vein and bleed out before it comes out.

Oh shit bros! I should've continued reading more. Look! They DID read my threads! Or maybe someone else gave similar feedback? Who cares! This awesome sauce!
cQ9bhHv.png
Sooo you are bragging about delaying the game and wasting resources on something that nobody really care?! It is time for spanking!

InternalRevenue

Educated
That spreadsheet is a goldmine.

Players found fight with shadow demon pretty hard. Actually, shadow demon is our new swarm - it has killed a lot of players. But this is an optional fight that you can skip or come back a bit later, so we think that it is in a good place right now.

:obviously::incline:

Good on Owlcat for not bending to the handholding Skyrim level scaling crowd.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think I am slightly irked at the fact that most people don't play on the Core experience, or harder. That's the real decline right there.
Everyone playing angels in a campaign where you're supposed to kick demon ass is not unexpected.

Real friendly of them to show these charts, and all. I mean, everyone likes a nice pie chart once in a while.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I think I am slightly irked at the fact that most people don't play on the Core experience, or harder. That's the real decline right there.
Everyone playing angels in a campaign where you're supposed to kick demon ass is not unexpected.

Real friendly of them to show these charts, and all. I mean, everyone likes a nice pie chart once in a while.
I agree. Personally I'm finding Core to be quite tough* and very enjoyable, although I also don't rest-spam.

I suppose if you're just trying to see as much content as possible, and run through as many times as possible, during the Alpha period, you might want to drop the difficulty, but I just wanted to play the Alpha the way I intend to play the finished game.
"Core" is the 2nd-toughest difficulty in WotR, for the non-Alpha Chads reading along

Last edited:

purpleblob

Savant
Around 55-60% of people play on normal and are angels. Angels are pussies confirmed?

My guess is its because the alpha was set at "normal" difficulty as default and "angel" felt like one of the "default" mythic path that is easiest to "unlock".

I tried out Angel, Azatas, and Trickster (in order) in alpha, on normal difficulty for all 3 runs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
We also received feedback that encounters felt repetitive.

Figured this would happen. Hope they stick to their goal of making each chapter no longer than 10 hours. :M

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am impressed that they made such thorough, open, and honest report about the Alpha. So non-Russian.
This is bothering, though:

Another thing on the list is improving the appeal of the mythics and notifying when you made your first steps in them. We found out that some openings weren’t apparent. To fix this and clearly communicate what mythics you have found, we decided to add a separate page to the mythic interface.
Aren't Mythics supposed to be misterious and non-obvious? Even hidden? Shouldn't it be possible for especially dumb players to miss them? Why are they trying to feed Mythics to ADHD crowd by having a separate progress tracking page?

Last edited:

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I usually go for the traditional because it looks a lot like the monk from BG 2, which I loved when I was a kid, but I like that one just a little bit more than the others. I usually play each one. They're all fun to me.
I love unlocking things within. My character feels more personal to me that way.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
Dope! I like traditional monk too. But my favorite one is Scaled Fist. A monk who dedicates his time honing his style to that of a fearsome dragon is super cool to me.
>I usually play each one
Me too, though I tend to sometimes get stuck with playing the same monk class over and over again.

The_Mask

Patron
What ever makes you happy. It feels good to have an expert opinion on something very niche, and it's nice to "feel you got it right" no matter what the topic may be.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
What ever makes you happy. It feels good to have an expert opinion on something very niche, and it's nice to "feel you got it right" no matter what the topic may be.
Yeah. In my opinion as long as you're having fun with your build then its okay. The best thing with these party based games is that your companions can always pick up the slack. Monks may have a rough early game compared to other classes, but that's what companions are there for!

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
That spreadsheet is a goldmine.

Players found fight with shadow demon pretty hard. Actually, shadow demon is our new swarm - it has killed a lot of players. But this is an optional fight that you can skip or come back a bit later, so we think that it is in a good place right now.

:obviously::incline:

Good on Owlcat for not bending to the handholding Skyrim level scaling crowd.
Which one was the shadow demon? Was that the fight in the Market Square cemetery? It feels like a really long time since I've played the game.

Gargaune

Magister
Colour me intrigued...

58. Animal companion portrait in the action bar: This is amongst one of the most requested QOL features. And we will implement it in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The animal companion won't have a separate portrait in the toolbar, but rather will appear in the corner of their owners portrait.
:happytrollboy:

82. Option to write PC's backstory: While it might be a nice touch for roleplay, it will require additional tab to write your story into and it might feel mandatory for players to do it. So we will give a pass to this option.
:nocountryforshitposters:

*.* It is a bug and will be fixed.
Be still, my beating heart.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom