Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Horizon Zero Dawn - open world action-RPG from Guerilla Games - now on PC

PrettyDeadman

EDIT 2: Look at that, whocares is another SJW who shills Disco Elysium on the side. Funny how all of the people who are anti-RPG are also DE shills.
Puta, por favor, with retarded logic like this soon you'll convince yourself J*rl Fr*nk is a SJW too.
I heard that he is a g*rman with a bunch if nasty fetishes. Looks like a typical sjw to me.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
EDIT 2: Look at that, whocares is another SJW who shills Disco Elysium on the side. Funny how all of the people who are anti-RPG are also DE shills.
Puta, por favor, with retarded logic like this soon you'll convince yourself J*rl Fr*nk is a SJW too.
I heard that he is a g*rman with a bunch if nasty fetishes. Looks like a typical sjw to me.
I think we really need to know JarlFrank's stance on black feet, now.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think we really need to know JarlFrank's stance on black feet, now.

Disgusting!

polo

Magister
The best way to settle this is with a question never asked here before... What defines an RPG?
:philosoraptor:

ADL

Prophet
fuck this shit. i spent three days straight non-stop to download this, and then "requires windows 10".
Anyone still running W7/8 in the year of our lord 2020 is an absolute tard. Either accept the surveillance state into your life with Windows 10 or install Linux. HZD doesn't work on Linux yet but to be fair, it really doesn't work on Windows either.

polo

Magister
I pirated it and it works just fine, at least for the first 2hs, what is everyone complaining about? Performance?

ADL

Prophet
I pirated it and it works just fine, at least for the first 2hs, what is everyone complaining about? Performance?
Performance, crashing and image quality at my ultrawide resolution is a problem on my system. This is the worst PC port in recent memory since Batman Arkham Knight's release.

Also this

vs PC version

polo

Magister
Yeah i guessed, idk, im just playing with everything in medium cause i have a 1060 6gb, and it runs just fine. But i didnt play much.

Yosharian

Arcane
Performance, crashing and image quality at my ultrawide resolution is a problem on my system. This is the worst PC port in recent memory since Batman Arkham Knight's release.

Also this

vs PC version

wow that is fucking shameful

7mbit, working as 5, acting as 56k. we're tyranny experts here, they know the first thing to deny is access to informations and self-made entertainment.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
fuck this shit. i spent three days straight non-stop to download this, and then "requires windows 10".

The system requirements clearly state Windows 10, you only have yourself to blame.

Fortunately for you the grapes really are sour.

impossibru! rockpapershitcrap swears on his mom the game is absolutely perfect and runs flawlessly for days on and on and on and on!

Drowed

Arcane
There are several videos showing the snow, so it does look like an unexplainable downgrade.

Why should the snow be worse on the PC version than on a console of the past generation? I'll assume it's a bug.

Played this for a couple of hours, it's one of the worst ports in recent memory. Frame pacing is completely off, and animations are quite jarring - it's very obvious they were made for a 30hz refresh rate, and simply don't function properly at 60hz. Cutscenes are where this is most evident, but gameplay in general is just weird and jumpy at higher framerates. Locking the refresh at 30hz gets rid of the frame pacing issues, but who the fuck would play an action game at 30fps?

The game itself is very popamole and not interesting in the slightest. It has forced character progression elements (the ubiquitous skill tree), Far Cry-esque crafting and shitty combat. Oh, and a climbing mechanic that is even more retarded than nu-Tomb Raider.

Doesn't even look good. It's a shit sandwich on all levels.

horizonzerodawn_tue_a2jkoh.jpg

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, this game is bsb. I've played for around 7 hours and if it gets better later then fuck it, it should have put more interesting stuff earlier on because it's boring the pants off me. Run around, have banal conversations with badly animated NPC's that are all trying too hard to be 'noble savage #21143'. Run around some more, whistle to draw mobs or humans into the magic grass that makes me invisible, then stab them dramatically and whistle again for their mates to obediently trot over for more of the same. (Playing on 'very hard' btw.) The world looks nice, I'll give it that, but it's so goddam dull. AC: Origins was a much better game and I'd even say Far Cry 5 was a better open world game than this.

Can't understand the shilling for it, some people just love this kind of dull time-waster I guess.

Edit- and this is SO in the wrong forum. Never anything like an RPG.

Zer0wing

Cipher
and I'd even say Far Cry 5 was a better open world game than this.
Holy shit. Asking seriously as I don't even have free space for another AAA game, what differs H:ZD from FC5, i.e. what does it do worse than FC5 to warrant such comparison?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom