Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Well, on the bright side, at least now they've got time to incorporate the recent Soy Revolution
oh you bet

development hell, making it more "current" and "topical" aka "better" made swallowing the inevitable decision to make the announcement go down smoother

expect the second inquisition kneeling on every "blankbody" (black body hahahaha very clever) out there

Vatnik Wumao
If they wanted to be "topical" they could add Prince Tonald Drump and still make it interesting. Prince Tonald is a Ventrue, but a relatively young one and fallen out of favor with the Camarilla. The player can go the straight forward path and side with the Anarchs against him or investigate further.

Investigating further would reveal Prince Tonald has his own faction of supporters in the Cam, kind of like a secret society and you could join them to shore up his reign. Or you could reach out to the Cam and help them remove this upstart prince and install a proper ruler for Seattle, like Elder Bidet.

compvet24

Educated
You can have all the time in the world, and you'll still spit on a plate and serve it your customers. Unless they've ditched certain :keepmyjewgold: members from their team, I don't imagine they'll be able to live up to that 'quality and ambition' that they are apparently holding themselves accountable to.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I was expecting a delay but that part about "other organizational changes that will help us achieve this goal" is interesting.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
rating_citation.png

Syl33l8.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Clearly the Hardsuit Labs of 2019 was not really up to the task of making this game. Turns out it takes a lot of institutional knowledge to produce this sort of RPG. People make fun of Obsidian but what they do isn't easy (and it took them years to figure it out).

Last edited:

mk0

Learned
I was expecting a delay but that part about "other organizational changes that will help us achieve this goal" is interesting.
Maybe they're going to relocate to a more peaceful and conservative part of the country?

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Clearly the Hardsuit Labs of 2019 was not really up to the task of producing this game. Turns out it takes a lot of institutional knowledge to produce this sort of RPG. People make fun of Obsidian but what they do isn't easy (and it took them years to figure it out).
What exactly has Obshitian "found out"?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What exactly has Obshitian "found out"?

Josh Sawyer has talked about all the ways he knows not to do things.

Meanwhile, Hardsuit has been working on this since 2016. Glassdoor stuff written in the time between:

Weird focus's on "process" and no ability to "execute" and deliver at a professional level.

Studio heads and management are from Zombie Studio. Reasonably nice people. However those staff members haven't shipped a game from "start to finish" in over 5 years. They are a bit out of touch and inept. Understanding of basic order of operations/development and dependencies!
-
Management doesn't seem to listen. Frequently response with, "Well it used to be a lot worse." Constant promises of things that will get better, but has not improved for ~2 years. Forced Crunch, often, for many people.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Notable that the previously unseen Jakob Munthe from Paradox is signed on this announcement rather than usual product manager Florian Schwarzer.

Lambach

Arcane
All thin blooded are non gender conforming. Sex change is a level 1 thin blood alchemy discipline.

Figures, given the V5 rule setting this waste of pixels is built upon.

>old, white males Elder Kindred are drawn to the Middle East/wherever and are systemically wiped out and devoured
>previously very rare, "kept in the closet", oddities like trannies Thinbloods suddenly explode in numbers
>said oddities go from being pushed around by everyone and their grandmas to having access to powers previously reserved for only the eldest and most powerful of Kindred with literally nary a fucking reason or explanation, just because the tranny writer said so

Stunning and brave indeed. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom