Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I went to the discord and the "reliable" strategies were to grapple her or just lay down prismatic wall where she spawns and hope she dies. When your two "reliable" strategies both rely on rolling the dice and hoping for the best (either that you can have a grappler / grappler summoner get up to her spawn room before she spawns, beat her on her gimmicked initiative roll, and then land and maintain the grapple, OR hope she fails catastrophically on her prismatic wall rolls), you know it's a great encounter.
Yeah, you absolutely need previous knowledge of the encounter (to cover the area in silence) AND you need a favorable initiative order, it's mandatory. But that's true for many encounters in this game. The grapple doesn't need you to land it or maintain it, because she is a weak disgusting piece of shit and will never free herself from the embrace of the chad demon with 25 attacks.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm going to find you and punch you in the face.
This seems excessive. I didn't even know I had a scroll of Summon Marilith, and I don't have Mass Heal, unless there's a scroll of that hiding in my inventory somewhere. I'll stop spamming the thread, though.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
This seems excessive. I didn't even know I had a scroll of Summon Marilith, and I don't have Mass Heal, unless there's a scroll of that hiding in my inventory somewhere. I'll stop spamming the thread, though.
No man, I was just joking. I'm so weak that I could probably break my hand by punching someone. Please don't stop posting your progresses, seeing others suffer through the game is quite entertaining.

You get tons of high level scrolls in the room just before the queen. I'm fairly sure you get a bunch of Summon Marilith and Meteor Shower scrolls (3 each, I think), some Horrid Wilting and Accelerated Spell and Power ones, a lot of Dominate Monster ones, and a bunch of Mass Heal and True Resurrection (more then 5, if I remember correctly). These are the most important ones, but you get a lot more (including stuff like Summon Gargantuan Elemental, Whirlwind and Sirocco).

Basically Pierre knows that the encounter is impossible and throws tons of high level consumables, as if that could fix things.

Mortmal

Arcane
Does anyone know the solution to the piano riddle to exit the death snare in chapter 3 ?
A G A G F E D Db D
Also, don't be retarded like me and do notice the bonfire in the fire room as soon as you exit the death snare.
And be sure to clear the fire giants then the dragon encounter before doing death snare room, you will lose ton of xp if you dont . Hope no one is reviewing this game for the codex yet, the outcome, if the reviewer is honest, will be extremely negative and if its roxxor doing it will most likely completely destroy it . Better postpone this and leave him one last chance on next adventure.

Noddy

Augur
I think it helps if you keep the starting spiders alive longer. I noticed that it seems like she spawns immediately if you kill them all in one turn, but if you leave one alive, it gives you maybe one more turn or so to get your dudes up there to be ready for her to spawn.

Yeah, you absolutely need previous knowledge of the encounter (to cover the area in silence) AND you need a favorable initiative order, it's mandatory. But that's true for many encounters in this game. The grapple doesn't need you to land it or maintain it, because she is a weak disgusting piece of shit and will never free herself from the embrace of the chad demon with 25 attacks.

You can kind of game this fight to force a full round of actions on her before she can react.
If you use delay turn on your characters you force them to the bottom of init list, then if you kill her with a character who's delayed you can guarentee all the spawned in spiders will pop to the top of init list leaving all of your characters to act. Does that make sense?

So delay turn on all your front liners turn 1 and use your spellcasters to blast through the shitter spiders (except one) and haste/truesight everyone up, then run all the fighters to her spawn at the end of the turn.
Second turn delay all your wizards, delay all your fighters again, then pop the last spider when your first spellcasters init comes up again. You now have a near full round of actions.
If you've got super spec'd fighters i think this should end her before she can act everytime.

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet

Just roll 6 red wizards, spec into empower metamagic and magic missile and destroy everything (after gobbo arena, before that just use summon skeleton and sleep and run around screaming like a little girl)

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Just roll 6 red wizards, spec into empower metamagic and magic missile and destroy everything (after gobbo arena, before that just use summon skeleton and sleep and run around screaming like a little girl)

If i played a full caster party, i'd at least have one psionicist and one Cleric and why not one druid.
More probably 2 psionicist, 1 cleric and 2 red mages and either a druid or a mage knight.

By the way, the sorcerer sharing his per days spells between divine and arcane is probably a bug because the warlock has both PP and arcane slots (or the sorcerer is just a useless little shit).

And thanks again NJClaw , it worked just fine.

Fun thing, the Phoenix is immune to trip but i put my Half Giant DK next to him (full move) and he AOO tripped him successfully anyway.
Probably another bug.

Last edited:

cruelio

Savant
I went to the discord and the "reliable" strategies were to grapple her or just lay down prismatic wall where she spawns and hope she dies. When your two "reliable" strategies both rely on rolling the dice and hoping for the best (either that you can have a grappler / grappler summoner get up to her spawn room before she spawns, beat her on her gimmicked initiative roll, and then land and maintain the grapple, OR hope she fails catastrophically on her prismatic wall rolls), you know it's a great encounter.
I managed to game the encounter to get a mage up there ahead on init to summon the demon and each time the demon just walked up to Spider Queen and instead of grappling did 25 attacks that resulted in about 20 damage due to queen's 40 layers of prebuff defenses and then the queen proceeded with her usual destroying the entire party in one turn.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I managed to game the encounter to get a mage up there ahead on init to summon the demon and each time the demon just walked up to Spider Queen and instead of grappling did 25 attacks that resulted in about 20 damage due to queen's 40 layers of prebuff defenses and then the queen proceeded with her usual destroying the entire party in one turn.
I've never seen the marilith executing a full attack instead of grappling the queen. I don't know how her AI works, but she always goes for the grapple. Usually I have another summon (the gargantuan elemental) and one of my melee guys around her, maybe she prioritize grappling if there are allies around the target?

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I managed to game the encounter to get a mage up there ahead on init to summon the demon and each time the demon just walked up to Spider Queen and instead of grappling did 25 attacks that resulted in about 20 damage due to queen's 40 layers of prebuff defenses and then the queen proceeded with her usual destroying the entire party in one turn

Verily, I sayeth unto you that if you do not constrain the spider you shall by no means ever finish this battle.

Solfear

Novice
The game is good?
How is the difficulty? I am looking for something really tactical and hard.
How to get the game?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
"This room is full of poisonous gas, you take constitution damage every round". Well, let me cast this very high-level spell that gives immunity to ability damage. Naaaah, it doesn't work because fuck you.
What about resist poison spell?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
I'ts a good game, but its SJW influences are clear

Give me the most blatant example? I don’t know if you’re some extreme conversative who bashes a game if it has even one transsexual in it
The module currently available has barely any plot, it's a long sequence of encounters linked by inconsequential events. It's impossible to care about what is going on.

In its current state, the only thing the game has to offer is an impressive set of hard encounters. However, if we are lucky, we might see something interesting with future modules.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom