Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Erikkolai

Learned
We can pretty much take it for granted that there was some kind of falling out between Hoge & Pankratz right? With Hoge wanting to make a new kind of game, and Pankratz wanting to stick with the 'Gothic formula'.

Someone at the World of Gothic discord said that PB RED has shut down, I don't know if that's true though. But I doubt we'll ever see Hoge's "Spacetime". :lol:

Kai Rosenkrantz had Hoge as a guest on his Twitch stream last year. Kai said he enjoyed ELEX, while Hoge said he wasn't familiar with it and asked if it was some kind of Assassin's Creed game. Seemed a bit dubious...

On a different note, I wonder if PB chose a canon ending for ELEX when they started writing ELEX 2. Hard to see how they'd continue the story independent of the Hybrid's fate.

Dodo1610

Arcane
They later blamed their publisher Deep Silver for the casualisation after Risen 1 turned out to be a surprise hit. They even wanted to turn to sell Risen 3 as an episodic game.
What worries me is that PB has never been this quiet in between games, also they usually teased a game before announcing it but this time we only got vague promises of getting better balancing and a better filled open world.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
I don't mind the lack of news, marketing isn't indicative of a game's quality.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm hopeful that they've been radio silent because they got more money than they anticipated (I guess ELEX sold pretty well, plus they got the nice 1mil bonus from Merkel because of how based ELEX was) and are now spending the time, money and care to make a more polished product before showing it off. Gamescom is upon us soon so it's possible that we'll see something then.

Erikkolai

Learned
Jenny Pankratz is active in this thread, frequently replying to questions about ELEX 2 (without actually revealing anything but very general stuff, of course). Her replies are mostly in Hitlerian.

Elex

Arbiter
Don’t worry elex 2 is in fact elex elevated 2

the best PB game ever with a longer development cicle with more founding from the pubblisher!

Cat Dude

Savant
eat-lead-collage-720892.jpg

Anyone in space marine armor should look like these guys

Heh, I really like how bloody weak you are early levels of this game. I'm having a fun time thinking about what if the next Dragon Age was anything like this. Everybody be like "too hard, me want be dragon." Funny thing is, it isn't that hard, as you can just shift-sprint away from just about any opposition.

Admittedly, I'm still running a lot. :D Still had a couple fantastic moments as the game forced me to be creative. Like jetpacking onto the top of a rat-infested building, throwing grenades into the rat mob from above and letting it rain arrows and rat death. Even luring mutants into a camp of bandits and watching the action can be kinda fun.

Elzair

Cipher
On a different note, I wonder if PB chose a canon ending for ELEX when they started writing ELEX 2. Hard to see how they'd continue the story independent of the Hybrid's fate.

They could start the story many years later when
the aliens arrive
. That way they would neither invalidate the player’s choices nor have to support them. Of course it would leave the plot thread of
Jax confronting his father
hanging, but c’est la vie! How would they handle the fate of
the Hybrid
in this scenario? Simple! If the player either
converts the Hybrid with mana
or
rejoins the Albs
the aliens
kill him for being disloyal or no longer useful.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom