Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

Vatnik Wumao
That video is useful for those who want to think about what their first playthrough's going to be.
Ahh not really,most people here know what their first country will be.
Let me guess... :M
Boris-Michail.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That video is useful for those who want to think about what their first playthrough's going to be.
Ahh not really,most people here know what their first country will be.
Let me guess... :M
Boris-Michail.jpg
Yeah,it is pretty obvious if you have fallowed a bit of me posts :). Tho i haven't decided about the religion,maybe a good tengri conquest. Curious if i could restore the Dulo familia.

Central Evropa looks pretty boring to me,very muh at best,doubt i will touch it in the lifespan of the game. Norse invasion of Britania could be interesting,also the western slavs are pretty nice start. Maybe the reconquista if i feel like playing with a heretic....or orthodox reconquista.
What about you,anything interesting?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
vcxf8Ka.png

The fabled W*stern intellectual in action.
Yeah i know,Wakanda was really amazing kingdom and a beacon of civilization. Who doesn't know about their amazing architectural achievements like djenne temple. Nobody could have come up with the great idea of pissing on the road,adding a bit of straws and shit,and making a bricks out of the mud....amazing.

Djenne_great_mud_mosque.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
Going to play as Count Roger I of Sicily in the 1066 start, invade Croatia (& renounce my Sicilian possessions) and work towards establishing a Norman Empire of Illyria dominating the Balkans under a cadet branch of the de Hauteville family (while still being allied to the main branch back in the Kingdom of Sicily). That and maybe start a Catholic heresy allowing for polygamy (& other stuff like the doctrine which makes ambitious a virtue and content a sin) and engineer a family of giants. :obviously:

Don't really care about the earlier start since I prefer to have the HRE already formed.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Going to play as Count Roger I of Sicily in the 1066 start, invade Croatia (& renounce my Sicilian possessions) and work towards establishing a Norman Empire of Illyria dominating the Balkans under a cadet branch of the de Hauteville family (while still being allied to the main branch back in the Kingdom of Sicily). That and maybe start a Catholic heresy allowing for polygamy (& other stuff like the doctrine which makes ambitious a virtue and content a sin) and engineer a family of giants. :obviously:

Don't really care about the earlier start since I prefer to have the HRE already formed.
Clearly that video didn't help you find a starting location :lol:. Don't be such a fascist cunt,try out the glorious empire of ghana or maybe jewish mongoloids.

thesecret1

Arcane
I like to pick the late game bookmarks and salvage Byzantium from the wreckage there. Picking slavic pagans right next to HRE in early bookmarks and refusing to convert also tended to create interesting situations in CK2, so I'll try that too

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I like to pick the late game bookmarks and salvage Byzantium from the wreckage there. Picking slavic pagans right next to HRE in early bookmarks and refusing to convert also tended to create interesting situations in CK2, so I'll try that too
Yeah,but here we don't have a late start,there will be only two starting dates from what i saw. Starting as OPM byz and restoring it to the roman empire was a good campaign,especially if you decide to go full retard and embrace the Hellenic fate a bit after 1204.

What is the problem Magnat ,don't you want to be a dimension travelling kang and ruler of the stars?

thesecret1

Arcane
They've also dug themselves into a corner by expanding the map since each bookmark now has to take into account the nobodies who ruled in Africa and in the Far East.
They already "solved" this by just making shit up when they don't know. It's how you got all those female-led celtic tribes in Imperator.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
highly recommend this channel for his historical battle and war campaign videos, his latest is a collaboration with Paradox, setting up the 867 start date for the game.

Tigranes

Arcane
I like how half of this thread is "Africa?!?! fuck nobody cares about anything that happened in Africa what the fuck" and the other half is "THEY FUCKED UP SOME MINUTIAE ABOUT POLISH / BULGARIAN GEOGRAPHY / CULTURE THOSE MOTHERFUCKING DUMBASSES HOW COULD THEY"

In general, though, it's idiotic that they keep making the map bigger and bigger. Focus on creating halfway decent mechanics for your core regions, you're never going to have adequate gameplay for Christian feudals AND Sub-saharan Africa AND india and Mongoloid Minor and whatever. Also stupid to focus on meaningless shit like hwo many provinces the map has and whether it's higher or lower than before.

Vatnik Wumao
Also, regarding the main menu screen:
thizjfqox6f51.png

It has been confirmed by a dev on Reddit that the above pictured characters will be replaced with you, your spouse and your heir once you get a game going.

Small touch, but I really like this sort of stuff. Was great in XCOM 2 as well, so... :incline:

Vatnik Wumao
Pretty much, Tigranes. By enlarging the map prematurely, they only ensure that the variety (and accuracy) of the regions portrayed is deep as a puddle.
In other words exactly like Imperator. Maybe they're hoping to sell Culture Packs like in Imperator too.
From the footage showcased thus far, it doesn't seem like it'll be as bad on release if you play in Europe or MENA (Byzantines and Eastern European steppe excluded due to lack of appropriate government type on release). My main worries are about the way in which the new mechanics will work (e.g. lifestyle perks, dynastic & cultural head) and the diversity of events (or rather lack thereof), but those can be improved through subsequent balancing and DLCs respectively.

That being said, it does say something about the state of Paradox Entertainment that this is one of the more popular threads (megathreads excluded) from their official CK3 subforum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom