Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

are you ok

No, you.

Whether they're good or not wasn't the point of discussion, whether they can be compared or not was. Similarities invite comparison.

The point of discussion was that anyone who compares Shitmaker to Baldur's Gate in terms of quality is ... you. A point that went over your head evidently.

The arc of every chapter is a distinct mystery, Nyrissa's motivations remain a mystery until late in the game, then it turns out she wasn't the one behind everything after all. You can reduce any story to "tiny details" if you start with a broad enough brush.

There is no mystery at all when the same retarded thing happens over and over again in every chapter. Nyrissa's method of delivery for that chapter's bloom does not a mystery make. As to her actual motivations, they are just as dull as everything else about the plot, she wanted to get something valuable to her, and screwed over a lot of people to do it. Welcome to Every Other Asshole 101.

If you can't figure out the time limits in KM you're dumb or not paying attention.

Me and everybody else online who is not a retarded fanboy you mean.

No I'm just the only one gullible enough to engage with you.

If by engage you mean being that Polish general who got lost in the woods and starved to death to my Napoleon.

It's not hard to understand. If you found the game frustratingly difficult, then you probably prefer playing games that are not as difficult because their difficulty doesn't frustrate you.

And what if I found the 70% of combat that is trash fights exceedingly easy? What then, Shitcrates?

Erikkolai

Learned
Whenever Linzi picks a lock (or disarms a trap) and says "Applause please", I find myself thinking of this:

I can't take it anymore. Do you have any pro gamer advice on how to stop thinking of Linzi and Jeb Bush as the same person?

:negative:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Whenever Linzi picks a lock (or disarms a trap) and says "Applause please", I find myself thinking of this:

I can't take it anymore. Do you have any pro gamer advice on how to stop thinking of Linzi and Jeb Bush as the same person?

:negative:

She's annoying as fuck. Take her out of the party and use Octavia for your thieving needs.

Erebus

Arcane
Linzi is the stereotypical bubbly sidekick. She doesn't have enough personality to be annoying.

The Jester

Cipher
there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision).
Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?

That normal is not really normal. If you check the settings it sets, some of them are on the easy side. There is no standard normal DnD setting in Shitmaker that sets everything to standard difficulty.
Yea you'r right Normal isn't Pathfinder core rules. Challenging is, except one option.
ClfG5XO.png

For some reason "Enemy stat adjustments" isn't on Normal, put it on Normal and you have core rules difficulty...I guess it's a little late for this, isn't it?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
More like "applause please" vs. "you can count on me!" One is narcissistic, the other cares about the team.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Linzi is the stereotypical bubbly sidekick. She doesn't have enough personality to be annoying.
She's got more personality than "Live Laugh Love"-tier Octavia, who is literally just an average lefty Western woman (which makes it particularly egregious that her Int score is higher than 7).

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
there is no Normal difficulty in Shitmaker (yet another retarded design decision).
Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?
Question. In the infinity engine games setting the difficulty to normal reduced incoming damage by 25% while setting it to core rules would not, as in no damage reduction bullshit, is it the same here?

Like if if i selected "challenging" it would be the real normal as in core rules for the infinity engine games.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Md2TVPA.png

The fuck?
Question. In the infinity engine games setting the difficulty to normal reduced incoming damage by 25% while setting it to core rules would not, as in no damage reduction bullshit, is it the same here?

Like if if i selected "challenging" it would be the real normal as in core rules for the infinity engine games.
Almost, except on "Challenging" the enemies receive a little bit of a stat boost, which is a separate difficulty option that you can knock back down to have unboosted stats.
Wrath of the Righteous has "Core" like you are saying, but Owlcat seem to have improved the AI quite a bit in that game.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
<cracks knuckles>
:roll:

Good lord, similarities don't mean shit when it comes to deciding whether a game is good or not.
Whether they're good or not wasn't the point of discussion, whether they can be compared or not was. Similarities invite comparison.

That's the point. As everyone knows, BG2 had a way worse story than BG1, precisely because it was so obvious and predictable, some whiny emo elf going on and on about his bullshit for 100 hours. In Shitmaker, they replaced him with the world's ugliest nymph. Filling in tiny details is not the same as following an interesting mystery.
The arc of every chapter is a distinct mystery, Nyrissa's motivations remain a mystery until late in the game, then it turns out she wasn't the one behind everything after all. You can reduce any story to "tiny details" if you start with a broad enough brush.

And what does it tell you that BIS removed the time limit shortly after launch?
The timer for the main quest, the water chip, never got removed, retards still complain. If you can't figure out the time limits in KM you're dumb or not paying attention.

You seem very perky in defense of Shitmaker. Like a one man Shitmaker Defense Force.
No I'm just the only one gullible enough to engage with you.

What do this even mean? More difficult than you enjoy playing.
It's not hard to understand. If you found the game frustratingly difficult, then you probably prefer playing games that are not as difficult because their difficulty doesn't frustrate you.

Let's be honest, when you saw this, you laughed and you cried.
Whoever pity-laughed at your joke once and convinced you you're funny has done you, and more importantly this forum, a great disservice.

That normal is not really normal. If you check the settings it sets, some of them are on the easy side. There is no standard normal DnD setting in Shitmaker that sets everything to standard difficulty.
If you want "standard difficulty" per PnP, play Ironman and figure out a way to let your DM control the mobs.
Or just fiddle with it for 90 seconds until you've got the custom difficulty you want.
I would prefer this thread to be praising furry instead of feeding a troll, but it's just me.
OK I'll stop.
Furries are gay though and Kitsune were the gayest option in the WotR poll.

We’ve all tried to engage him at one point or another. He wanted to tank and spank* a game whose whole point is transcending tank and spank and he’s too arrogant/ignorant to understand why any game would want to.

Many such cases.

* - his first big complaints were from the Hargulka fight where tank and spankers first hit a hard wall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom