Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
No, they did not forget it. They did not want to add more stuff to already cramped place.
I know I'm going to shock you with this revolutionary piece of information, but we recently invented a tool that lets you navigate different related documents in a nonlinear way.

You know, a motherfucking link: falchion.

I know, I know, you might feel dizzy after this mind-bending discovery. Let that sink in.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
On the matter of a build planner. The Dark Souls community has a good one: https://soulsplanner.com/ How hard will it be to make something like that but for Pathfinder?
In principle, extremely easy. But it really depends on the features you are interested in. What do you think a Pathfinder build planner should do?
>What do you think a Pathfinder build planner should do?
Allow you to assign stat points, feats, and facilitate you the ability to level up as well. It should also allow multiclassing too. It shouldn't be too hard, right?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
On the matter of a build planner. The Dark Souls community has a good one: https://soulsplanner.com/ How hard will it be to make something like that but for Pathfinder?
In principle, extremely easy. But it really depends on the features you are interested in. What do you think a Pathfinder build planner should do?
>What do you think a Pathfinder build planner should do?
Allow you to assign stat points, feats, and facilitate you the ability to level up as well. It should also allow multiclassing too. It shouldn't be too hard, right?
If you just want it to check requirements for feats and stuff, it's a joke. Every "item" in the game is just a 3-tuple of three sets:
- a set of tags that describe the item itself;
- a set of tags that describe properties added to its "parent" item;
- a set of requirements (tags that you need to check on the "parent" item to see if you can add the current element to it).

Then you just have to properly categorize the items (class levels, feats, mythic paths, equipment). It would take far longer to insert the required data (feats names and requirements) than to actually develop the program.

Shadenuat

Arcane
We also received feedback that encounters felt repetitive. The Adventure Path is all about fighting demons and cultists. We came up with a solution, which will allow us to expand a variety of mobs while keeping the integrity of the story.
tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

how about
about?
take 12 monster manuals?
manuals
and make combat good
good
AND FUCK THE STORY
fuck the wait waat noah my storeeeeh

:deadhorse:

idk who storeh person is but they needs to be chained to pc and forced to replay bg2 until full enlightenment

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

how about
about?
take 12 monster manuals?
manuals
and make combat good
good
AND FUCK THE STORY

idk who storeh person is but they needs to be chained to pc and forced to replay bg2 until full enlightenment
Hello? Based department?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
how about
about?
take 12 monster manuals?
manuals
and make combat good
good
AND FUCK THE STORY

It's an adaptation of a module, they can't nor should take too many liberties with the setting or theme.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
we recently invented a tool that lets you navigate different related documents in a nonlinear way.
Yeah, let's add a little bit of Chrome to Pathfinder: Kingmaker. After all, Sawyer did it, right?
Kingmaker already tries to give the player as much information as possible, but in a very inefficient way. I can't understand why you think that a proper in-game wiki would be a bad idea.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We also received feedback that encounters felt repetitive. The Adventure Path is all about fighting demons and cultists. We came up with a solution, which will allow us to expand a variety of mobs while keeping the integrity of the story.
tony-stark-eye-roll.jpg

how about
about?
take 12 monster manuals?
manuals
and make combat good
good
AND FUCK THE STORY

Wrath is pretty much the definitive munchkin and combat adventure path, so I doubt combatfags will have much to bitch about.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It's an adaptation of a module, they can't nor should take too many liberties with the setting or theme.
demonic cultists fail their master and are not allowed to summon demons, so they resort to elementals instead
a mage has to protect their city from demons, resorts to forbidden spell and raises half of it as undead
a demon steals dragon eggs and binds them to servitude so players have to fight dragon

very difficult

also demonic spiders of lolth with naked drow women or something. so eduardo sanchez would play the game.

to make encounters varied within frame of the story is a Creative Task. and an interesting one. and very much possible.

no buts.

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
did they confirm jubilost is returning yet
No Jewb in Alpha but the gnome companion in WotR (Regill) is extremely based.
I believe they reached the "Cameo from Kingmaker" stretch goal though so he might pop up somewhere in the finished game, unless the "cameo" is just your Baron.

Delterius

Arcane
how about
about?
take 12 monster manuals?
manuals
and make combat good
good
AND FUCK THE STORY

if anything they improved on the kingmaker module tbh

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom