Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arkane Arkane Studios 20th Anniversary and Noclip Documentary

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/514877039
Probably fake

I have some information about the next Arkane Austin game (can't tell how so believe if you want I guess)

The game is ironically inspired by the Prey 2 concept from years ago. But it is not a sequel to their Prey from 2017 but an original IP.

The game is an immersive sim set in an open world futuristic city with a Coruscant vibe. It features the classic intricate level design of Arkane, just on a bigger scale than ever.

You'll have different targets (they are set and have a story to them, it's not random characters) to take down (kill or neutralize like in Dishonored), you can approach them in the order you want and the way you want (much more than in Dishonored)

Filling up those contracts (and stealing stuff) grants you money than can be used to acquire new skills (by training or acquire gadgets). There are skills in tech/hacking or in "space magic" and you can mix and match like in Prey.

Pre-prod started before Prey 2017 release but the real big production started after Prey Mooncrash. They work in collaboration with people at Roundhouse Studios which are coming from the old Human Head Studios that worked on the original Prey sequel.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/15587/Arkane_20th_Anniversary_Bundle/

Celebrate 20 amazing years of Arkane Studios with the 20th Anniversary Collection! With a catalogue that has racked up hundreds of awards, including numerous Game of the Year awards, Arkane Studios has spent the last two decades perfecting its unique style and truly immersive gameplay. From the decaying cobbled streets of Dunwall and the vibrant shores of Karnaca, all the way to the alien-infested, art deco halls of the Talos I space station, the collection spans Arkane Studios’ greatest hits.

Pick up the full collection and receive:
• Dishonored: Definitive Edition (contains the full game and all add-on content)
• Dishonored 2
• Dishonored: Death of the Outsider
• Prey
• Arx Fatalis (Steam only)
• Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (Steam only)

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The System Shock games were also commercially unsuccessful.
According to Tim Stellmach:

Shock 2's sales were pretty good, but I don't know for sure since its profitability was tied contractually to that of Flight Unlimited 3, per our contract with EA, and FU3 sales were very disappointing. So no, Thief and Shock didn't by any means put us further in the hole.

According to Paul Neurath:

When we came out in 1999 [released System Shock 2], that was months after the high school shooting in Columbine. Larry Probst [EA CEO at the time] reached out and said "We may just want to walk away from doing shooters because there's talk of those shooters causing these kinds of events." We had our meeting where we made our case that System Shock does not reward you for going in there and shooting everything that moves. You will lose if you do that, it's a thinking person's game. I think we halfway convinced them.

EA's response was to release the game, but they put it on the budget label for $10 just 45 days after its launch, therefore denying it any chance to make money.

Ash

Arcane
I think the achievement stats speak a lot for how little people read the tech trees and engaged with the systems. Only 28% of the player base used combat focus to kill anything.
TNdvhql.png

Was it not obvious from the description in the tree how overpowered that ability would be? I would have expected far more people giving this a go but I guess people don't want to waste time reading when they could continue just firing pew pew until they run out.

I specifically did not get that achievement/power because at this point (and back even in 2012 or whatever with dishonored) slo mo is for creatively bankrupt sellout developers and indeed it would completely break an already pretty easy game. Near every AAA game has this feature I kid you not and I find it symbolic of just how lame this pathetic industry is. How is the ability to slow all enemies or dangers of any kind down significantly not a ridiculously OP feature? It only actually works in games designed specifically around it, like Max Payne was, or if it is very much on the conservative side (doesn't last long, hogs resources, cannot be spammed), which it never is. Why must every game have this feature? Every AAA game is meshing into one template more and more. Thankfully modern indies are somewhat booming and have legitimately good design, it makes me forget just how bad the AAA sector is sometimes.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Noclip uploaded clean gameplay footages of Arkane's Ravenholm, comments for context in between.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom