Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines 2 delayed to 2021

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
New tagline?

RPG Codex > Very angry about Bloodlines 2

Dunno, "Very Meh! about Bloodlines 2" seems more appropriate

I find that "I don't care about this" in internet-speak is often "I care very deeply about this"

Perhaps I'm just projecting. I think VTM is a fabulouso setting for vidya gamez and I'm saddened to no end that this is potentially hit by one of the worse cases of woke-itis we've seen. And I'm even sort of whatever on the whole woke-thing to begin with

I hate the precedents that Bloodlines 2 has the potential to set. Trigger warnings on quests is pure decline even by the usual standards of wokeness.

WOD is a horror setting, designers shouldn't be worried about content "triggering" people.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Also, when it comes time for the crunch, blue haired feminists and soy boys always drop the ball. No surprise that there wasn't enough actual grind to get this out the door on time.

This is probably the whole reason. Their precious work-life balance was more important than the schedule
Good for them honestly. Working 50-60 hours per week (or something along those lines) and for what? If it's a personal project that you have passion for, or will at least see major dividends from its success it's one thing, but in the corporate mill? If the employer pays for 40 hours/week, they get 40 hours.

Murk

Arcane
Bloodlines 2 brand on the Codex == a Cara Ellison interview, looped endlessly.

I mean it's not totally unfair. You don't know me to be a doomsayer but I gotta say the amount of wokeness on the team is worrying.

Somewhat more wokeness than Obsidian, I guess. The difference is that we pretty quickly got to see that The Outer Worlds, whatever its faults, wasn't a blue-haired tranny simulator. It's been 14 months since we saw any gameplay footage for this game, of course people are restless.

The wokeness is easy pickings for sniping comments, but the real issue is that the game doesn't look promising in any capacity and the woke aspects show that their priorities don't align with what people here would want. Even beyond having any socjus shit in the game, the fact that they present it with "trigger warnings for quests" means that the devs consider this a feature worthy of praise and attention. Time and energy wasted on that instead of say, well written dialog (which is already a rare treat in the decades of cRPG history), interesting skills and solutions, level layouts, fun characters, etc.

I mean, they showed Damsel, so I guess there's that. Though that didn't go over very well here from what I recall...

Living up to a venerated first game is it's own challenge as well -- look at BG 3 which is a sequel in name and setting only -- turn based, detailed combat, gameplay focus -- and people hate it.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bloodlines 2 brand on the Codex == a Cara Ellison interview, looped endlessly.

I mean it's not totally unfair. You don't know me to be a doomsayer but I gotta say the amount of wokeness on the team is worrying.

Somewhat more wokeness than Obsidian, I guess. The difference is that we pretty quickly got to see that The Outer Worlds, whatever its faults, wasn't a blue-haired tranny simulator. It's been 14 months since we saw any gameplay footage for this game, of course people are restless.

The wokeness is easy pickings for sniping comments, but the real issue is that the game doesn't look promising in any capacity and the woke aspects show that their priorities don't align with what people here would want. Even beyond having any socjus shit in the game, the fact that they present it with "trigger warnings for quests" means that the devs consider this a feature worthy of praise and attention.

Living up to a venerated first game is it's own challenge as well -- look at BG 3 which is a sequel in name and setting only -- turn based, detailed combat, gameplay focus -- and people hate it.

I think it looks promising in some capacities - the immersive sim-type stuff they've talked about, plus frankly I don't think the gameplay we saw last year was all that bad other than the janky combat (and it didn't have any SJW stuff in it!). But it's been so long that nobody really knows anything.

The farther away you get from gameplay and gameplay discussion, the more the only thing people seem to remember is the woke stuff. I mean, remember when they were introducing the clans last year, each with its own list of abilities? That was cool. They had this swell buildup to E3 2019 and then everything seems to have fallen apart.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
I think it looks promising in some capacities - the immersive sim-type stuff they've talked about, plus frankly I don't think the gameplay we saw last year was all that bad other than the janky combat (and it didn't have any SJW stuff in it!). But it's been so long that nobody really knows anything.

The farther away you get from gameplay and gameplay discussion, the more the only thing people remember is the woke stuff. I mean, remember when they were introducing the clans last year, each with its own abilities? That was cool. They had this swell buildup to E3 2019 and then everything seems to have fallen apart.

I guess we had different takes on it then. The gamescom footage left me with a bitter taste over the first person melee combat, what appeared to be way too much post-processing (unreal engine I assume? Hopefully it can be toggled), and the console UI. It was very... neon, not at all the gothic style of the first game. I guess this could be chalked up to post 2010 new millenium versus the 90s setting of the first game.

It inspires little confidence in me -- but who knows, maybe things will drastically change.

If the writers had the balls and the skill, they should incorporate wokeness and socjus concepts in the game... as a factional ideology. The worry is it will be woven into the form and structure of the game, not as content -- and that they wouldn't have the skill or talent to pull it off anyway.

Last edited:

compvet24

Educated
The lack of any actual content in months leaves no confidence in me whatsoever. I can't help but find myself shitting on it, just because of that! It looks like a SJW passion project, as that is all I've really seen without diving into the depths to seek out interviews, hear-say and rumors. If I saw some other aspects (like more gameplay for gods sake) perhaps I could get behind the possibility that it can somehow revisit the world of VTM:B that I really enjoyed to no end. Instead, it is just no news, delays and continuous diversity/pride posts via all their social media platforms.

Am I going to be playing a video-game, or is it just a ideology campaign to vent how morally superior the VtM:B2 team feels. It is as if I'm tuning in to see a political candidate rather than see status updates about the game.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The whining will continue until new gameplay footage is released. Right now the game is an empty canvas that people are projecting their worst fears onto. Bloodlines 2 brand on the Codex == a Cara Ellison interview, looped endlessly.

Wokness aside.. that "Cinematic" they made looked like Counter Strike Gmod actors slapped into a scene with a Mixamo dance animation.
If that's their bullshot "Cutscene Teaser" to build hype..

Think what the actual game looks like... :hahano:

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really dont trust the people behind this project, too much talk about inane political stuff and not enough about game design, what really matters. I didnt see a serious commitmet from them with what made Bloodlines good. Didnt see anything written by the developers that might hint that they have any clue about what Bloodlines was and the footage they shown was even worse, the game seems to have serious technical issues and, call me cynical, but lets say that my experience with Paradox and really unpolished games doesnt make me confident.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Why would they think showing damsel would create any hype? Nobody gave a fuck about her she was just you satirical dogmatic tsundere bitch making nines and the black vietnam guy look pretty cool.

They do know that tits macgee jeanette is the real mascot of Bloodlines but being full blown fags I bet they will not acknowledge her.

Murk

Arcane
Why would they think showing damsel would create any hype? Nobody gave a fuck about her she was just you satirical dogmatic tsundere bitch making nines and the black vietnam guy look pretty cool.

They do know that tits macgee jeanette is the real mascot of Bloodlines but being full blown fags I bet they will not acknowledge her.

Her, or the literal whore.

maxresdefault.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

As you say, Damsel felt like an ironic parody in the original. In Bloodlines 2 she'll probably be the same character just unironically.

Everything is black and white to these nu-writers, there is no room for satire or parody.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom