Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Crusader Kings III

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
fucking kulaks....

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
hivemind, you are worse than Anonymous Wife Scholar. At least his shtick is endearing (in moderate amounts).

Infinitron, can you please split his posts from this thread (and maybe the recent ones from the Battle Brothers thread as well)?
Yeah,the codex is a lot better when this abomination is crying in the corner for a few months and not posting in here. Begone demon!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What would Paradox be without its community?
LoL you assume that they still have a community buiahahahaha. They did had one half a decade ago,then they begun banning left and right for any kind of criticism. Now their forums are mostly dead and only a few retarded shills are spamming empty threads.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
LoL you assume that they still have a community buiahahahaha. They did had one half a decade ago,then they begun banning left and right for any kind of criticism. Now their forums are mostly dead and only a few retarded shills are spamming empty threads.
Yet eceleb gaymers are posting makeshift tutorials.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yet eceleb gaymers are posting makeshift tutorials.
So? People get paid to shill garbage all the time. Just take a look at Magnat ,he must have enough money to build himself an estate by now.

Having specific modifiers for especially strong/valuable vassals is kinda nice. I'd prefer if vassals got rowdy when they were in a position of power instead of just forming factions when they got pissed off and forcing me to play peasant whack-a-mole. The specific feudal contract stuff sounds like some fiddly bullshit. Can't really judge it until I get to play with it, but that sounds like an extra layer of menus that will (Probably) have minimal impact even if you engage with it. In fact the most useful angle is probably improving relations by going lax rather than worsening relations by going harsh, since even doubling a vassal's tax of 0.2 to 0.4 isn't that exciting, but calming one down to stop some pain in the ass rebellions might be nicer. Vassals wanting council seats more sounds relatively positive though, might make council management a little more interesting an in-depth.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
A really good crusader song!

Really good lyrics,just plop the translate/sub button on the video to be in english

Zariusz

Arbiter
A really good crusader song!

Really good lyrics,just plop the translate/sub button on the video to be in english

I think i recognise this version, it was recorded by Estampie, they did many medieval songs.

Btw i found many medieval byzantine songs if anyone cares

I hope that there will be mod for transport ships. Troops transforming into ships is just dumb.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
They made a whole new game and still managed to leave out all things navy? Does Imperator have ships?

Mortmal

Arcane
They made a whole new game and still managed to leave out all things navy? Does Imperator have ships?
It does but you spam the same model anyway , it was trireme spam if i remmber well. Not exactly deep .

Vatnik Wumao
They made a whole new game and still managed to leave out all things navy?
I think they're scared. Their games' AI has always had problems with navy, and it only got worse with time.
Having standing navies is ahistorical anyhow. You still pay maintenance at sea in CK3.

Edit: For the whole map, BlackAdderBG. Unless you want to restrict it to the Byzantines and the like, then the game is less ahistorical by not having them at all rather than them being available to everyone. Plus without naval combat (which would run into the same aforementioned problem and to an even worse degree), the difference between a standing navy and a recruited one amounts to little - a standing navy would have a constant upkeep on the realm, while for the realms without one you'd just implement either a direct hiring price (akin to the hiring of merch navies in CK2) or have an economic malus on the realm for recruiting one as to simulate the negative impact on the economy of coopting the fishing and trading ships activating within your realm for transportation purposes. Ultimately cluttering the game with a barebones feature which adds no significant depth.

Last edited:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't want a standing navy either. But a little more effort than handwaving the whole thing away would have been nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom