Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts DLC Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Battle Brothers; Battle Brothers - Blazing Deserts; Overhype Studios

The Blazing Deserts DLC for Battle Brothers took longer than expected to be released due to COVID, but I suspect it wouldn't have made it out on time anyway because it's absolutely huge. As before, during the DLC's development Overhype published weekly updates detailing its many features. The new retinue feature allows you to recruit non-combat followers who provide unique bonuses. Combat environments now include physical obstacles such as palisades. There are new Southern-themed company origins, including a gladiator origin (with actual arenas that you can fight in) and slave driver origin (with actual slaves), and a new Holy War late game crisis that pits North and South against one another. Have I mentioned that the Southern city-states have gunpowder weapons? You can see some of these things in the DLC's new trailer, which I'll post here along with its store page description:

The 'Blazing Deserts' DLC for Battle Brothers expands the game with new lands of burning deserts and lush oases to the south. Visit independent city states, fight in the arena, face desert raiders and southern beasts in battle. Wear new gear inspired by Arabian and Persian cultures of the medieval ages, employ alchemical contraptions and primitive firearms, and forge your own path when the fires of religious turmoil threaten to engulf the world in a new late game crisis!

Features
  • New Lands - Visit new lands to the south with independent city-states that have their own lore, equipment and services, as well as entirely new character backgrounds to recruit.
  • Retinue - Hire non-combat followers for your retinue to customize your campaign experience to fit your playstyle. Hire a drill sergeant to train your men. Never lose shields again with a blacksmith that can repair gear no matter how damaged. Buy carts for additional inventory space.
  • Arena - Fight in front of cheering spectators to earn coin, experience and unique rewards as an alternative to mercenary work.
  • New Crisis - Survive a new late game crisis that tests the mettle of your company in the fires of religious turmoil.
  • New Opponents - Face new factions of city state soldiers and desert raiders, complete with their own gear and unique mechanics. Hunt down and get hunted by desert beasts.
  • New Origins - Play using one of three new southern-themed origins, each with special rules that shape your campaign into a different experience from beginning to end.
  • New Banners and Gear - Dress in style with a collection of new banners, shields, helmets and armors inspired by Arabic and Persian culture. Use new weapons, alchemical contraptions and primitive firearms.
  • Legendary Location - Visit a new legendary location and fight a new boss in a quest that leads to a legendary reward.
  • New Location Environments - Fight amidst southern ruins and nomad tents on the tactical combat map, in addition to graveyards and encampments by brigands, orcs and goblins that come with a free update to the base game.
  • New Contracts and Events - Earn your stay in the south by taking on new contracts. Immerse yourself in leading a mercenary company with even more illustrated events.
  • New Music - Several new music tracks set the mood on your adventures.
  • New Achievements - Challenge yourself with new achievements.

Blazing Deserts is available on Steam and GOG for $15, an appropriately higher price than the previous two DLCs. As usual, there's an accompanying version 1.4 update which you can read about here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Diggfinger

Arcane
Looks cool. Bought the base game, but looks so damn hardcore I havent dared try it yet.

Currently getting my ass kicked in Deadfire PotD:dealwithit:

Outmind

Augur
Looks cool. Bought the base game, but looks so damn hardcore I havent dared try it yet.

Currently getting my ass kicked in Deadfire PotD:dealwithit:

Just make sure to give everyone daggers so they can stab their enemies to bits without ruining their armor. Makes the early game a whole lot easier.

Zeriel

Arcane
These guys are like Paradox with all the DLC.

They actually wanted to move on from the game and abandon it with zero DLC. They were convinced otherwise because people were like, "Holy shit man. This game is fun. Why do you want to leave it?" It's the exact opposite of the usual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom