Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline POST-ATOMIC Resumed

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Trying to strip some of that complexity from the character library and keep it really simple. Still underway, many adjustments likely.

In the back of my mind, attempting to accommodate possible port to mobile devices.

!!!!!pa_ss2.jpg

MartinK

Learned
I will buy it if the game does the following:

1.) Focuses on building new civilization instead of just killing shit and blowing shit up, if not in mechanics, then at least in the story
2.) No silly enemies. You fight feral dogs, bandints and warlords. Mutants, giant bugs and radiation zombies do not exist.
3.) Avoiding various enviromental hazards and scavenging for resources is crucial part of the gameplay
4.) No Fallout 2/Wasteland 2 style bad humor
5.) Finds a tasteful ballance between soulcrushing realism of the situation (think of BBC’s Threads) and fun.

Othewise no money from me. I registered just to write this. Games treating survival after nuclear exchange like a fun for whole family are tiresome.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
A Fallout/Wasteland type turn-based blobber is a great idea - with or without humor.

If that is not your cup of tea, too bad.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter

1.) Focuses on building new civilization instead of just killing shit and blowing shit up, if not in mechanics, then at least in the story
2.) No silly enemies. You fight feral dogs, bandints and warlords. Mutants, giant bugs and radiation zombies do not exist.
3.) Avoiding various enviromental hazards and scavenging for resources is crucial part of the gameplay
5.) Finds a tasteful ballance between soulcrushing realism of the situation (think of BBC’s Threads) and fun.

Othewise no money from me. I registered just to write this. Games treating survival after nuclear exchange like a fun for whole family are tiresome.

Beggars can’t be choosers.

MartinK

Learned
Just want postapocalyptic games be darker and grittier that they usually are, simple as that. Every other genre explored in games from basic bitch fantasy to transhumanist wankfest has been geting darker and edgier lately, postnuclear stories being the exception. Yet if there is any genre that should be dark and gritty it is postapocalyptic fiction. That is all.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Just want postapocalyptic games be darker goth and grittier gayer that they usually are, simple as that. Every other genre explored in games from basic bitch fantasy to transhumanist wankfest has been geting (sic) darker and edgier more pretentious lately, postnuclear stories being the exception. Yet if there is any genre that should be dark and gritty super homoerotic it is postapocalyptic fiction. That is all.

Fixed your post there. You will not like this game. As mentioned before, this game is inspired by the amazing original post-apoc GAMMA WORLD. Before even RPGs had to become "political statements." (YAWN)

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer

BYE

chuck-norris-punch-gif-1.gif

MartinK

Learned
Of course everything is political. Modern human (and every human species that ever existed) is a pack animal and therefore inherently a political one too. Every shall we say "artistic creation" (in the broadest sense of thing) is therefore also inherently tainted by politics. Now I do no know the politics of original Gamma World, but I am certainly sure it will not be difficult to figure them out once I get myself a copy. Expect me to report back with my findings in about a week or two.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Of course everything is political. Modern human (and every human species that ever existed) is a pack animal and therefore inherently a political one too. Every shall we say "artistic creation" (in the broadest sense of thing) is therefore also inherently tainted by politics. Now I do no know the politics of original Gamma World, but I am certainly sure it will not be difficult to figure them out once I get myself a copy. Expect me to report back with my findings in about a week or two.

I'l be here on the edge of my seat.

Do millennials have self-awareness? You can hear this guy's marxist professor puppeting his head and lips. Not a real person.

Believe me I really mean it when I say anybody who wants to is welcome to follow this project whether they are interested in the genre or not - except you. I don't like you and I want you to forget about this game and go away, permanently. I have zero interest in hearing back from you, ever.

When you imagine some stranger who sees another stranger working on an obscure game genre on the internet, signs up an account so he can come and monitor the political design of this game like a Soviet-Era commissar ... you are seeing peak fail of human biology. The bottom of the gene pool covered in barnacles. The last stop for chromosomes before they just fade away for sheer lack of interest by the rest of the biosphere.

Please go burn down some buildings and destroy public monuments, kid. You're a drag.

[BLOCKED]

Heyo, Cleveland Mark Blakemore 0/
Your creation (eponymous Grimoire) is something that reminded me of almost forgotten "blobbers-specific" experience (early Might & Magic's, Wizardry's, even Wasteland to a extent) and i had a ton of fun even reading manual. [Usually i read manual for clues, skills and spell-descriptions].
Thank you for your BASED work man, in short ;)

Even more glad that you started to work on new blobber in post-apocalyptic setting. Menu and some features look pretty fine - but idk if you played game named as Armageddon Empires.

This game had pretty good looking menu, if you interested in ideas that you missed:

screenshot.png

Cheers 0/

Last edited:

Lilliput McHammersmith

Cleve, I am extremely excited for this game. I wish you luck! And whenever you open up payment options, I’ll toss some your way.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
A bit more refining, plus making end product reusable in game window later.

Decided I might as well sort out the whole character sheet with multiple tabs inside the character library, then just prefab that and use it inside the main game loop. I have the four character party represented at the bottom of the screen you create here then start a new game with. There will probably be minimal, least invasive game controls in the corners of the screen during main game play, enough to pull up config, minimap, etc. but not so as to interfere with the main view.

Most of the criticisms of Grimoire concerned the overimplemented UI and and the lack of screen resolution options. So I spent a lot of time making this UI scale to any size screen automatically and position controls correctly, including for retina displays and vertical stacking. Also making this really fast, so you can literally generate a random party of 4 and start immediately if you want to.

This is going to be one of the best games I have published yet. I can feel it and it is really coming along quickly.

!!!!!pa_ss3.jpg

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
The obnoxiously vocal and completely unhinged cringe-mob that wants everything to be political, be it a comic, movie or game or whatever other *entertainment* product you can imagine, usually does not belong to its core audience at all.
They dont care AF about the intrinsic value of the product, they want it to spread their totalitarian communist message. So after destroying it for everybody else (aka the normal people) these commies end up not buying it (assuming they can afford it, which is probably stretching reality as it is). As for the company bending the knee to these idiots, good job going woke, now you can go broke.

So i am glad (but not surprised of course) that Golden Era is pissing on these types from the blue-checkmark twitter echo chamber who cant wait for 1984 to happen and enforce a thought police.

I will gladly wait till next Friday for this to be released.

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
I also want to add that there will be more than thirty real TRAITS in this RPG, drawing on both the Fudge/FATE system as well as some original personality quirks. This produces real options in conversation based on the personality of who you are speaking to. So there will be some actual roleplaying in this RPG having to do with individual personalities. You pick these traits at character creation and they cannot be changed. Each trait you accept will give you some additional skillpoints for your starting character. These traits can affect other things in the game, like addiction to chems and how fast you are to attack in combat. Each of them can also have considerable drawbacks, making each of them a compromise.

An intimidating person gets more information out of the right kinds of NPCs whereas a benevolent person get advice from others who might not be intimidated. I really like this aspect of the Fudge RPG system.

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
Heyo, Cleveland Mark Blakemore 0/
Your creation (eponymous Grimoire) is something that reminded me of almost forgotten "blobbers-specific" experience (early Might & Magic's, Wizardry's, even Wasteland to a extent) and i had a ton of fun even reading manual. [Usually i read manual for clues, skills and spell-descriptions].
Thank you for your BASED work man, in short ;)

Even more glad that you started to work on new blobber in post-apocalyptic setting. Menu and some features look pretty fine - but idk if you played game named as Armageddon Empires.

This game had pretty good looking menu, if you interested in ideas that you missed:

screenshot.png

Cheers 0/

Beautiful artwork for that splash screen.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Yeah, Gamma World is peak political.

latest

I can see so many political talking points in there. Obviously, the bikini-clad girl's hairstyle is some kind of poilitical statement. Maybe it's a criticism of the overuse of hairspray leading to the global warming induced apocalypse.
That bunker in the background obviously has a phallic shape.
The hairspray girl is wielding a blaster gun, as is her green one-eyed pet. They're attacking a caravan of creatures armed with medievalish polearms. That's probably something about technologically advanced white people and their domesticated pets oppressing less technologically advanced non-white people. The guy riding the weird insect-snake looks like an orc, and we all know orcs are a stand-in for niggers.
Definite overtones of colonialism and oppression in there.

original.jpeg

It's a dinosaur-bird wielding a blaster gun and crushing a robot while a blue-skinned dude with a blaster pistol, a goblin with a buckler that looks like it's made from a trasbin lid, and a white woman wielding a spear and a stop sign as a shield are laying in ambush.
Wow, there are so many political themes hidden in this one, it's incredible!
Note how the woman is holding the stop sign shield over her crotch area. It's an obvious anti-rape allegory. It's telling men (and dinosaur-bird beasts) to stop raping women. That's also why the blue-skinned guy on the left has such a disgruntled expression on his face: he wants to rape, as all men do, but he can't because of the stop sign.
The dinosaur-bird represents neo-luddites who use technology (like the blaster gun he's wielding) in order to destroy industrial society (represented by the smashed robot). The dinosaur-bird basically represents Theodore Kaczynski.

And finally, behold this beautiful illustration by the legendary Clyde Caldwell:
bcf296ebc2014258a5dc277c4cf5a04c.jpg

A strong woman stands triumphantly above her male oppressor. White smoke rises from the wounds in his chest and face. Note that it is white smoke, not black smoke: it is the white man, after all, who is the oppressor, that's why the smoke is white too.
The floating robot at her side has a bird-like face. This represents the freedom she just attained, as birds are commonly used as a symbol of freedom.
The city in the background is built at a cliffside, with its leftmost tower standing precariously on a ledge. Just one bad storm and it will tumble into the water below. That represents the fragility of civilization. One little desaster can make it all tumble down.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Or maybe tough warrior girls armed with laser blasters fighting against insect-snake riding goblins and gunslinging dinosaur-birds in a post-apocalyptic raygun fantasy world is just FUCKING COOL and nobody cares about retarded fucking politics you smoothbrained wankstain.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom