Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Encased - isometric post-apocalyptic RPG under the dome

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/921800/announcements/detail/2728569488317991182

Useful to Know. Important CRONUS Information
CRONUS WEEKLY
1a50cdbb94143b138856d6407a55d8979d4a0b34.gif

Greetings, dear readers!

This time your regular issue of CRONUS weekly will be extra educational. Every day you ask a lot of questions about absolutely basic things that every resident of the Dome should know. It seems that large training manuals aren’t easy to read through. In this issue, we will briefly outline the basics that every newcomer should be familiar with.

M.I.N.E.R.V.A.

e2de402b54b17a78c0012e42ebc49e5ec97f8e2d.jpg

Readers often ask us how CRONUS manages to record, systematize and analyze the vast amount of knowledge of the forefathers. M.I.N.E.R.V.A. helps us to do this.

The intelligent computer system M.I.N.E.R.V.A. is the latest invention of our scientists and engineers.

It connects all computers under the Dome into a single network: servers, work terminals, personal communicators — everything is connected. But the main advantage of M.I.N.E.R.V.A. is an artificial intelligence, with each day it’s getting smarter and smarter thanks to the machine learning module. And thanks to regular scanning of the environment by the handheld devices, M.I.N.E.R.V.A. database is able to update constantly.

One day, it’ll be able to play chess with you or solve mysteries of the Dome. And today M.I.N.E.R.V.A. is already the best friend of any user!

CRONUS Knowledge Points

5b9cc15997111218ca13fa0f316c868757f3413e.png

Many of you have already familiarized yourself with scanning. But did you know that CRONUS scanner is not a toy. When you scan the property of a company or its employees, both alive and dead, you get CRONUS points.

You can exchange those points for the most needed items: medical supplies, equipment and gear. It’s a support of independent research projects.

Psionics and Psi Glove

f859c1c066c941ff18f367354b64861a1e9fd4d1.png

As always, we left the most interesting things for last. Psionics are not yet fully understood and mastered. But thanks to painstaking work of the best scientists, many have already learned to use this energy for the benefit of the corporation. CRONUS scientists have found that each person has a special attribute in the body called Psycho. Don’t rejoice just yet, only people with the highest attributes can use Psycho in the field. Those lucky ones will need a special glove that concentrates their energy.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

In the new development update you will find an auction of valuable artifacts found under the Dome! The ominous CRONUS Corporation will reveal the mystery of the forefathers' technology to only the wealthiest. For a huge amount of money, you'll get what used to seem like magic.

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
Will there be another content patch, is it announced?
I think they just dump to market what they have when the money runs out and patch it ...maybe if sales allow.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure when it will be ready, but they did mention something that will be added to the third content patch.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
While Russian Empire was build on the three whales of "Православие, Самодержавие, Народность", Russian RPG industry is build around "Isometric, Turn-Based, Post-Apocalyptic". And while Russian emperors were trying to establish Moscow as Third Rome, Russian RPG developers are trying to come up with proper Third Fallout.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2920109

Dev video update #10 — Whats awaits you in third content patch?

The experiment of CRONUS Corporation comes to an end — life under the Dome is suitable for human habitation. Researchers may still encounter very dangerous cockroaches, but in most cases we have fixed the problem.

On August 13 we will release the third and final content patch for the early access of Encased. After that, the next update will be the release version of the game. Big changes are waiting for us, the third patch is the last chance for players to touch the early version of the game, to see how the story begins! Today we will reveal the details of the third content patch. Reworked RPG balance, updated locations, exciting stories and adventures, stealth, non-lethal weapons and new artifacts to study — learn all about this in our new video.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-school-isometic-turn-based-rpg/posts/2922653

Third content patch is already available!
Redesigned role-playing system, new abilities and skills, rebalanced battle mechanics and more!
ba87f10f762d7536372981668cbd4f4c946c706a.png

Redesigned role-playing system, new abilities and skills, rebalanced battle mechanics, stealth and non-lethal weapons, updated locations, additional side-quests, tons of new weapons and equipment, additional animations and effects and a lot more is waiting for you in the new content expansion for Encased.

Thanks to the spring patch number 2 we got amazing feedback from the players! It was as always concrete, passionate and at the same time motivating. That’s why in the third update we added long-awaited mechanics such as stealth and reworked the most important element — the role-playing system.

The purpose of the changes in the role-playing system is to expand the player's options while creating an in-game character. We want you to be able to distribute the attributes on your own and get serious combat advantages. Now the whole system works differently:
— Action Points no longer depend only on Agility, now both Luck and Agility increase them equally.
— Each branch of combat skills is now tied to two main attributes, rather than one, and has a number of additional attributes.
— Options for creating a character with the most personalized tactics were expanded. The player is free to choose his own path, rather than follow the only road left to him by a game-designer.

You waited for it, and we finally added: Stealth! Now the protagonist can go into stealth mode to avoid uncomfortable enemies or complete a quest in a new way. Stealth Mode reveals additional aspects of many abilities. It not only increases damage, but also the chance for additional action.

We know that for you, avid RPG players, the atmosphere is very important! We want the Encased world to feel realistic and alive. To get closer to this goal, we have updated many locations. Not only do they look different, now you will meet new NPCs that can give you additional quests, tell a joke or trade with the player. Your companions will also react to in-game events, other characters and generally behave in a very different way now.

Even though the third content patch is the last update for the early access of Encased, this is not the end. Right now the Dark Crystal Games team is coming to the finish line, beyond which is the full Encased release. In the third patch you will encounter new side-quests, but the main plot will remain a mystery until the release version. Now we will focus our attention on the story content and polishing of already existing mechanics. So get ready, adventurers. More Dome puzzles, wasteland adventures and battles with crazy enemies are waiting for you.

00325d374f64deac079dac0693da7f1bb12fbe65.png

Now we're going to reveal the full list of changes, fixes and modifications of the version 0.18.813.1850:

New objects and art

• Building types: research modules, town buildings, underground structures;
  • Biome elements;
  • Weapons of different degrees of deadliness: particle accelerator "Supernova", dart gun "Wasp", acid gun "Viper", disc thrower "Slingshot";
  • Non-lethal weapons: sprays with pepper and sleeping gas, taser;
  • Models of inventory items: food, items, books;
  • Models of tools: teleporter, cloaking devices;
  • Equipment of the Phalanx and the Church factions;
  • Models of truck vehicles;
  • Redesign of weapons to match manufacturer styles;
  • NPC portraits for the Phalanx and the Church factions;

Updated and renewed locations

• Concord station;
  • Parking lots of Magellan and Nashville;
  • Renewed Sonora bunker;
  • Radioactive cemetery;
  • Crossroads location;
  • Location with weapon dealer shop;
  • Enter into Kaleidoscope project bunker;
  • Kaleidoscope project bunker and ventilation on the technical floor of Magellan;
  • Technical floor of Magellan;
  • Some smaller locations were completely remade;
  • Sewers;
  • All toilets on all location :);

Technical changes

• Status effects active within a certain radius from the object or character have been improved;
  • Reworked companion behavior;
  • Reworked combat system;
  • Reworked addictions to alcohol and various other substances;
  • Reworked death status;
  • Difficulty levels;
  • Profile system;
  • Added new character parameters: Learning ability, Skill Points, Inspiration and Authority. "Learning ability" shows how much experience a character gains from certain actions; "Skill Points" shows how many corresponding points the character will gain as his level increases; "Inspiration" increases party evasion rate from enemy attacks; "Authority" increases the chance of critical hit for your party;

New animations and effects

• Visual effects for new combat abilities and the weapon itself;
  • Visual effects for non-combat abilities;
  • Ability sounds;
  • Combat animations: jumps, knockdown, push forward and back;
  • Turrets animation;

Story and plot

• New random encounters;
  • Random encounters during sleep;
  • New side-quests;
  • Companion reactions to in-game events;
  • NPC reactions to player companions;
  • Added an option to skip a part of tutorial;
  • Added the path for the Orange Wing in the "Detective" quest;
  • Puzzle in the Nashville cave;
  • Special prologue playthrough for the mentally powerless character (with the Indicator of Brains equal to no more than 2 points);

Combat, equipment and weapons

• A lot of new abilities for each weapon class;
  • Dozens of new perks, reworked old perks;
  • New types of weapons and equipment of different quality with new icons and models have been added to the game;
  • Reworked properties and parameters of weapons and equipment;
  • New equipment: portable teleporter;
  • New items: training books, strengthening and health restoration items for robotic partners;
  • New equipment for Wings;
  • Fleshed out recipes and the possibility of gradual improvement of weapons, with improved quality and transition between tiers;
  • New relics;
  • New enemies with new abilities;

Gameplay mechanics

• A redesigned progression of skills such as Hacking, Stealing, Barter;
  • "Leadership" skills are now combined with "Communication" skills;
  • "Gambling" skills are now combined with "Criminal" skills;
  • Some psionic abilities now increase fatigue after use;
  • Added "Teleportation" ability;
  • Some weapons now have a "cone" damage zone (flamethrower, chemical sprayer, etc.).;
  • Added spread of shotgun pellets (multi-target attack);
  • Added stealth mode;
  • You can now play through the game without killing anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sykar

Arcane
Still restricting myself to only playing the prologue so I have plenty of surprises left for release, just testing out mechanics and builds. Appreciate the big increase of perks now, wish they would add a filter ala Underrail for finding a feat quicker. That or a separate listing so I do not have to scroll much or at all.

Drowed

Arcane
Last edited by a moderator:

Saduj

Arcane
You don't have to! There are other ways to offer money to Steamlord.

Coinstar machines will print Steam gift certificates, which has the advantage that they don't take 20% off the top like they do when you try to get cash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom