Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Unwanted

Horvatii

Unwanted
I'm curious - what are some of the perks you guys absolutely always avoid on each and every bro? For example I never see myself ever taking Anticipation. But then again I'm sort of a newbie brainlet who refuses to indulge into guides so that the game can properly tear me down and build me up.

Student and Recover; pathfinder if they are an archer.
Quick hands for the hybrids/throwing weapon types.
Brawny for heavy armor types; Rotation for polearm/back-liners.
Weapon mastery as relevant.
Underdog if I am playing with a small company and expect to be surrounded; Reach advantage sometimes for 2handers (sword, hammer, polearms with 'reap', etc.) Footwork sometimes depending on build. Overwhelm for ranged characters.
Berserk, nearly always. Nimble or Ironforged depending on build but almost always one of the two.
Duelist for the right build; indominable for nearly all front liners; and killing frenzy for as many as I can.
good tips

Rieser

Scholar
Not played for a long time so I had no idea about the Albs rework and holy hell. I got massacred. What is the trick to these guys now? They stunned and did damage to the same target in the same turn. Do I need my men clumped up or something? But then they just seem to put everyone to sleep. I made it out alive, but with 70% losses.... brutal.

Just gonna stress this again - it's really disappointing that the roads aren't connected through the whole map. I think on my map I have 3 parts of settlements they are separated from each other. It's not by factions either... and it breaks the immersion to me something hard.

You deal with the new Alps with a full Two-handed party, don't scatter too much your troops, make small groups of 2/3 bros to wake up the sleeping ones and OS the Alps.
The fight is usually quite short if you're not fighting in the woods or some other shitty battlefield.

Of course, if you fight them before you get to the higher weapon tier ...
RIP
That was how you dealt with 2nd iteration of Alps.

Now you keep your troops mostly in place, Alp teleportation when they get hit ensures that they'll come for you.
Keep troops in tight formation, awaken sleepers, do some single attack hit & run and you should be ok no matter what weapon tier you're using.

A further tip is the use of maces as they can stun alps - and stunned alps will just sit there and take everything to the face instead of teleporting when taking damage.

Also, perhaps obviously, fight the alps naked. They do armor negating damage, so wearing armor will just make you accrue fatigue quicker for no reason.

Parabalus

Arcane
Really cool that there are unique goblin weapons and champions now.

I started to play around with the swordlance which is stupid great

Bought a famed swordlance and the Viper becomes really insane - Reaps 3x a turn, and even when you run out of fatigue you get to Reap+Recover. You even have spare AP to reposition.

Old One

Arcane
Does it seem likely there will be a time when I can buy the main game and all the DLC in a single package?

This seems like the kind of thing that would appeal to me, but I'm willing to wait for some sort of complete version.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Does it seem likely there will be a time when I can buy the main game and all the DLC in a single package?

This seems like the kind of thing that would appeal to me, but I'm willing to wait for some sort of complete version.
It's 67% off right now, the two older DLC's are 10% off - I doubt it'll get cheaper anytime soon and who knows if or when a new DLC will follow. Why wait?

Barbarian

Arcane

You can buy the full/final version with all dlc for nintendo switch!

67b.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
What's a good way to deal with Ifrits? They're not really difficult, but they can be pretty laborious. Is the only way to just smash with blunt weapons until they're all gone?

I thought surrounding a medium-size with no way out would destroy it quickly, but then your bros just get bumped out of the way automatically in order to spawn all the mini Ifrits. And the way they throw themselves around means you can't reliably lock them in place anyway. So that seems to leave just indiscrminate bashing.

I haven't really explored the new consumables beyond the fire lance, so maybe there's synergy there?

Barbarian

Arcane
What's a good way to deal with Ifrits? They're not really difficult, but they can be pretty laborious. Is the only way to just smash with blunt weapons until they're all gone?

I thought surrounding a medium-size with no way out would destroy it quickly, but then your bros just get bumped out of the way automatically in order to spawn all the mini Ifrits. And the way they throw themselves around means you can't reliably lock them in place anyway. So that seems to leave just indiscrminate bashing.

I haven't really explored the new consumables beyond the fire lance, so maybe there's synergy there?

Always give priority to killing the smaller ones, since killing the larger ones is futile. Also try to keep them apart so they can't "megazord" all over again. Also you have to charge them, their ranged attack seems to actually multiply their numbers.

I find it a fun enemy so far.

warcrimes666

Educated
Patron
I believe the intended synergy is to use firearms and firebombs from the back row and seemed to work nicely when cheating to explore the mechanics. In real games, not so much. They're expensive, heavy and shooting every other turn, end up having limited utility although fun to blast massed up wiedergangers. I'm still bashing indiscriminately, personally.

Endorsing also legends mod, heavily. Someone may have mentioned before but the adventurer party start is a lot of fun with a holy crusader/paladin, ranger, assassin/thief, and witch/mage with unique perks and some magic. Had me wishing for a battle brother and kotc2 mashup.

Finally, if tiring of the music in extended play, consider using the complete conan soundtrack in the background:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9jvb1xzsAs

matches quite nicely.

Tigranes

Arcane

Always give priority to killing the smaller ones, since killing the larger ones is futile. Also try to keep them apart so they can't "megazord" all over again. Also you have to charge them, their ranged attack seems to actually multiply their numbers.

I find it a fun enemy so far.

Thanks. Yeah, I pretty much do that - it just feels a bit crude, you run in, try to just beat on them as fast as possible, prioritising the small ones.

I guess that's a lot better than Alps.

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Its just me or game is much slower in starting and in combat and on global map?
Delays in combat really are driving me crazy and even with 3x speed hack from cheat engine it take forever.
Did anyone else get these fall in game efficiency?
Did famed Kraut engineering strikes again?

Jrpgfan

Erudite
It seems there are multiple recipes for snake oil, it's not just serpent scales and ghoul teeth. Just found out that 3 spider webs and 3 poison glands can also make it. The later is definitely more profitable as they're cheaper and more abundant(you can get quite a few of those in a single bug hunt contract).

Calcium

Educated
Delays in combat really are driving me crazy and even with 3x speed hack from cheat engine it take forever.

I've definitely noticed this as well. Enemy archers especially will sometimes take around 5 seconds just to shoot. But then again I am running on a craptop.

hivemind

Cipher
Patron
Pretty Princess
won the tournament at day 50 at the cost of two flash pots and one lvl 6 servant. the fight was 1) webknechts(lol) 2) nomads with blade dancer(had to use flash pot) 3) nomads with blade dancer and sword master(had to use flash pot and net)

the reward?

IYEuZnY.jpg

xd

Sarissofoi

Arbiter

I've definitely noticed this as well. Enemy archers especially will sometimes take around 5 seconds just to shoot. But then again I am running on a craptop.

Same.
With recently upgraded PC(not saying much its still junk but better junk with more ram and SSD). Should run better than last time and it crawl.

Murk

Arcane
The OST is legitimately amazing.

This track is some next level shit when you are up against 20+ ancient undead honor guards and they start slowly pushing in their phalanx formation. The way it builds up just complements their AI/style of fighting wonderfully.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom