Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

agris

Arcane
Patron
We can ask .Pixote. directly!

Nevada is light on combat, but still has it nonetheless. One combat skill is enough. Small Guns are perfect for the entirety of the game; though, to kill Collector of Souls you would have to obtain Gauss rifle, level up energy and get plasma rifle, or use instakill from better criticals.

I used the Gauss Rifle against the Collector, but he crippled my arms in the fight in a round or two.

So I drew my trusty sidearm, the Magnum .44 Revolver I brought from the special trader encounter, and I blew him away with MAGNUM FORCE.

I find it hilarious how the Old Magnum and the Magnum from the trader encounter can be used for the entire game.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I wonder if it's possible to enable the effect of "hints" perk without taking the perk? I guess it's a bit of a handholding option, but i've kinda used to it since NV and given the amount of content that has skill/stat checks via dialogue, i'd rather understand what are my chars options rather than reloadscum to check them all like i did, when i had all the time in the world for such shit.

edit:
Also, is there some guide on items, crafting and such. There seems to be whole lot of items in the game and hardly any info on whether they're just useless junk or good for something. For now i just left various weapon parts and such on the ground in Reno to alleviate the encumbrance, but i don't even know if i need them in my inventory to discover where and how they're useful. It's a bit frustrating.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I wonder if it's possible to enable the effect of "hints" perk without taking the perk? I guess it's a bit of a handholding option, but i've kinda used to it since NV and given the amount of content that has skill/stat checks via dialogue, i'd rather understand what are my chars options rather than reloadscum to check them all like i did, when i had all the time in the world for such shit.

edit:
Also, is there some guide on items, crafting and such. There seems to be whole lot of items in the game and hardly any info on whether they're just useless junk or good for something. For now i just left various weapon parts and such on the ground in Reno to alleviate the encumbrance, but i don't even know if i need them in my inventory to discover where and how they're useful. It's a bit frustrating.

I think Fallout Nevada comes with a compatible version of F2SE, you could always just edit your save and add the perk that way.

Slightly cheaty, but it should work.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Didn't thought of that. I actually just used it to swap a point between my SPECIAL stats to raise ST to 5 and lower EN to 4, because i forgot that many small arms have min ST requirement of 5. Probably will do.
As for the items. At approx. which point in the game you get vehicle with a trunk?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
I was wondering if that poisoned can of dogmeat you can buy from shady Reno dweller can be used on dogs that watch over Stryker's room with that workbench. Seems intuitively like it should, but i've tried several methods of dropping it near the dogs and running away, but they don't seem to notice. Am trying in vain and that shit has no such use?
Btw, do guards stay hostile forever? When i make the ruckus and both dogs and guards start to run after me, but i circle around the building and never engage in fight, they seem to concentrate them whole bunch in that room all glowing red. Will they be hostile even after i've went away for a while?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I was wondering if that poisoned can of dogmeat you can buy from shady Reno dweller can be used on dogs that watch over Stryker's room with that workbench. Seems intuitively like it should, but i've tried several methods of dropping it near the dogs and running away, but they don't seem to notice. Am trying in vain and that shit has no such use?
You just eat it and push that guy for a refund. Dogs, unlike humans, can smell bad shit.

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Haha, great. This game keeps on giving. Still wonder if there something that can be done with those dogs.. There's probably nothing interesting in that cupboard, but i wonder if nevada allows some creativity with animal whispering.

kryminator

Augur
Btw, do guards stay hostile forever? When i make the ruckus and both dogs and guards start to run after me, but i circle around the building and never engage in fight, they seem to concentrate them whole bunch in that room all glowing red. Will they be hostile even after i've went away for a while?
I only opened the garage-like door on the north and maybe did one step in. Anyway, dogs started to bark and once they started to run to me I escaped to top left corner of the map. Dogs followed me, guards didn't, they stopped in the room where dogs were. Killed dogs, exited map, returned immediately or maybe a few hours/days later. Dog room was empty and guards were neutral (but, ultimately, they didn't even saw me and didn't initiate combat and didn't took part in my combat with dogs).

kryminator

Augur
Did You have a problem with disappearing safes? Because my safe in Vegas just disappeared and I doubt it was stolen in-game because it's a gigantic safe.

LbJ02sm.png

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
I never understood the logic behind it
What's the point of talking heads when they...you know...don't talk?

kryminator

Augur
Did You have a problem with disappearing safes? Because my safe in Vegas just disappeared and I doubt it was stolen in-game because it's a gigantic safe.
I went to Reno to check if safe there also disappeared but it was there and after I returned to Vegas the safe was also there with all its contents. Don't know why it disappeared and why it appeared but I'm glad to have it back :D

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Is the purpose of these safes to put your gear in so that it appears in various cities? I saw these 5 digit safes in Reno and Vegas. Just cracked one in Reno after understanding that you need to get five loud clicks and message tells i got xp and this is for storage. Was storing excess stuff on the table right besides the railway station workshop guy. Not sure if it's more convenient to put them in safe now.

Other thing. What are opinions on small guns? I'm now using scoped hunting rifle and combat shotgun combo. So far so good. Met the Hardy guy and he has m16 smg and civlian rifle. Ar they worth and could be an upgrade to current combo. Also have 'old revolver' which has benefit of 4 AP and he has magnum revolver that shoots .45 and also 4 AP. Is it better than the former? Seems like not much of an upgrade. How about assault rifle? Remember it was gun that i always passed on in original fallouts as it was underwhelming.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Gnidrologist for some weird reason most of those new guns are weaker than a hunting rifle. You'll have to wait for a Sniper rifle, which is rare (there are, I think, only four places where you can get it), and later Gauss pistol.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Other thing. What are opinions on small guns? I'm now using scoped hunting rifle and combat shotgun combo. So far so good. Met the Hardy guy and he has m16 smg and civlian rifle. Ar they worth and could be an upgrade to current combo. Also have 'old revolver' which has benefit of 4 AP and he has magnum revolver that shoots .45 and also 4 AP. Is it better than the former? Seems like not much of an upgrade. How about assault rifle? Remember it was gun that i always passed on in original fallouts as it was underwhelming.
Civilian Rifle or whatever M1 Garand is called in Nevada is very similar to regular Hunting Rifle, but ammo is more scarce.
M16 SMG is comparable to 10mm SMG, a bit more powerful but again, ammo is more scarce.
Old Revolver is a good choice for early game, 4 AP is good, but damage and range are inferior to most other models. Not sure about Magnum, it should have 5 AP per shot cost.
Assault Rifle is legit since there's very few heavily armoured enemies in the game, and brr does work.
Sniper rifle is good, but has high AP cost - 6 for regular and 7 for scoped, as in vanilla. So, to make two aimed shot per turn you need two action boys, 10 AG and bonus rate of fire.

kryminator

Augur
Holy shit, I met some ants on the wastes guarding nightshade bush, but it was in the mountains so I though "well, maybe cave with deathclaws also" and there was a cave, although not with deathclaws but ordinary robbers....
Well, maybe they werent just ordinary robbers:
3sN7kJi.png

I didn't expect the game to throw at me pulse rifles and turbo-plasmas (and ammo to G11? I don't remember to which weapon these ammo was) in hands of hordes of regular robbers wearing combat armor in just a normal encounter.

EDIT: They had also H&K Caws-es and Mega Power Fists, Plasma Grenades, about 2k in chests and Kellys Rifle :D

Last edited:

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Well, maybe they werent just ordinary robbers:
You're lucky, mate. This is a well known encounter, but hard to trigger when you actually want to do so. Loot from this guys turns late-game from a cakewalk to a complete joke. They should have Gauss rifles too.

On my last run I failed to trigger it despite travelling the desert on foot for an hour or so, so to say.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ive downloaded and installed F2 Nevada Mod (Fixed Edition) HD [v2.0.2.3], everything works fine but my inventory items are on Russian just like many items I inspect in the world.

Did I mess up the installation or is the translation incomplete?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I tried to give this a chance but I don't like the pixel hunting/solutions with adventure game logic, the addition of crafting and crafting materials, how all critters are radioactive, the collect-a-thon quests, or the fan-fic plot. It's undeniably more polished than Resurrection, but meh, not surprised to see this is the less popular of the two.

Eastwood

Educated
Anyone got a recommendation on what skills to develop in this mod?
Usually I go with small guns and speech in Fallout. What would be a useful skill for the last tag?
Thought of lockpick, science or repair. Do any of those skills have an impact on crafting?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Usually I go with small guns and speech in Fallout. What would be a useful skill for the last tag?
Thought of lockpick, science or repair. Do any of those skills have an impact on crafting?
Take Good Natured, spec only one combat skill and concentrate your SPs on the rest.

Nevada does use most of non-combat skills to some degree. Doctor is a must, but First Aid specs with books; Gambling is optional, Traps - you can live without, Steal is close to useless.

You can tag Doctor, Repair or Outdoorsman, all come in handy.

Eastwood

Educated
Take Good Natured, spec only one combat skill and concentrate your SPs on the rest.

Nevada does use most of non-combat skills to some degree. Doctor is a must, but First Aid specs with books; Gambling is optional, Traps - you can live without, Steal is close to useless.

You can tag Doctor, Repair or Outdoorsman, all come in handy.
Very helpful. Thanks alot!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom