Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
DalekFlay You might have had a point if this game was riding on some epic hype, but right now these guys need all the goodwill they can get. What can he have possibly done that wasn't worth continuing to pay his salary until the game released.

I mean it's a solid point that they've so far failed to really gin up mainstream attention and therefore the hardcore fans are all they've got, but companies don't really operate from an "oh well fuck it" mentality usually. They want to save the project, get that mainstream hype that's eluded them so far. Whether his firing has anything to do with that kind of "delay and change things up" tactic I don't know, but I doubt they'd be scared of it. Also you have to separate fans with uber forum nerd fans. My father-in-law loved Duke Nukem 3D back in the day and still talks to me about it today, but I would bet my entire life savings he has no idea who Georgre Broussard is, because he's not a forum nerd.

theLorry

Educated
Being a bunch of politically correct Swedes, there is no way Paradox would do this in such a spectacular way, so far into development, unless Brian has been accused (which is all it takes) of doing something really bad. And that is bad by Twitter-mafia standards, not bad as in supporting BLM and denouncing VtM:B as "problematic".

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Did you guys know that there is a Mad King Gangrel in Fire Emblem Awakening? I'll just pretend my nick comes from that game!

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
EfypuOtX0AE0kl2

jackofshadows

Magister
I want to play a game developed by a group of paranoiacs who vehemently hate each other. Such game can't be anything but a masterpiececlusterfuck.
FTFY. Seriously though, game production process is especially suffer from team incoherence, management issues and things like that. New guy (guy, huh? that's odd) apparentely was called upon to bring order (new order?) into narrative side which is... baffling.

FFS, all they have left to do is to kick Schaffer out.

When Obsidian and Paradox partnership was coming to an end, many (myself included) beleived that it was all thanks to Obsidian. Now I'm not so sure.

The Real Fanboy
Being a bunch of politically correct Swedes, there is no way Paradox would do this in such a spectacular way, so far into development, unless Brian has been accused (which is all it takes) of doing something really bad. And that is bad by Twitter-mafia standards, not bad as in supporting BLM and denouncing VtM:B as "problematic".
Someone from Paradox already said on discord that firing Brian doesn't have anything to do with harassment so don't be so extra

CyberModuled

Savant
I find it funny Paradox didn't specify who was replacing the writing role, most likely because even they realize how fucking embarrassing it'd be to have to admit your game's writing is being headed by a fucking game journo (Cara Ellison) now.

Honestly can't be that upset at this point given there's other stuff in CRPGs to look forward to and people here already assumed it'd be bad. Only difference now is that it's guaranteed to be a shitshow.

Vatnik Wumao
Someone from Paradox already said on discord that firing Brian doesn't have anything to do with harassment so don't be so extra
Might not be harassment, but it could be wrongthink instead.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
the one they should be disavowing and releasing statements about is wesp, the resident patch nazi and an unapologetic codexer

compvet24

Educated

Perhaps, yet I don't think expressing ones opinion would count as harassment. So I won't be counting out the possibility that he's been axed as a result of not aligning with the herd so to speak. Just by basing it off the cacophony of political scenes the team seems to love preaching.
It is all up in the air though. I can't think of too much else he could've done that would've resulted in him being kicked out of his own project he's been working on for 5 years, while being arguably the main writer.

frajaq

Erudite
Brian may have been pozzed by clown world politics but he was still one of those scarce weirdos that really cared about videogames...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom