Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Diablo 2 just turned 20

typical user

Arbiter
A good tactic for a Skellymancer ist to revive the Urdar type (Ogres with a club) enemies. They have some crushing blow chance which will cut down act boss HP reasonably fast. Also if you want to farm faster you should run the easier lvl 85 areas like act 1 mausoleum and the Pit.

I'm doing Ancient Tunnels because no cold immunes. It dropped me an hour ago Astreon's Iron Wand and Dwarf Star. I also got today 2nd String of Ears and Guillaume's. Oh also I've read on a wiki Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge (colossus blade) is rather rare and I got it sometime ago, shame it has a knockback tho.

The Pit I entered once and got killed by rogues + skellies which had Conviction. Dunno how 'easy' it is supposed to be. I didn't try Mausoleum yet.

Last edited:

The Jester

Cipher
Too bad I can't play the fucking game, I'll only pick it up if they release it on GOG, I'm not giving my money to communist Blizzard.
images

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Diablo was brutal - with one fire nova he was able to destroy all my summons. I had to smack him with my wand and Amp damage. Afterwards I learned that I could cheese him with clay golem + iron maiden but the adrenaline rush from dodging his red lighting is something I won't forget soon.

Yeah I'm running a Whirlwind Barb build (haven't got Whirlwind yet) and I just had my first death to Normal Diablo, due to the lightning crap. Was so pissed off lmao.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
A good tactic for a Skellymancer ist to revive the Urdar type (Ogres with a club) enemies. They have some crushing blow chance which will cut down act boss HP reasonably fast. Also if you want to farm faster you should run the easier lvl 85 areas like act 1 mausoleum and the Pit.

I'm doing Ancient Tunnels because no cold immunes. It dropped me an hour ago Astreon's Iron Wand and Dwarf Star. I also got today 2nd String of Ears and Guillaume's. Oh also I've read on a wiki Bul-Kathos' Sacred Charge (colossus blade) is rather rare and I got it sometime ago, shame it has a knockback tho.

The Pit I entered once and got killed by rogues + skellies which had Conviction. Dunno how 'easy' it is supposed to be. I didn't try Mausoleum yet.
Oh I missed that you were playing a Sorceress now, well then the Pit isn't optimal due to bosspack density in cramped halls. Diablo isn't so bad for a nec, it's mostly a matter of +skills and grinding to summon res, but yea it is entirely likely that you have to fetch new skellies for a few times.

typical user

Arbiter
Just got yesterday Sur rune and on Monday my first Shako. Then Meph decided to drop second Shako. He was crazy this week so far as he dropped me also The Oculus, Manald, Arachnid Mesh, Naj's Templar Coat, Bartuc's Cutthroat, multiple Tal-Rasha's masks, The Homonculus, 3 pairs of Laying of Hands, multiple Goldwraps. Still looking for Vipermagi's or Skullder's and War Travelers for my sorc. Other than that 1 Ohm rune because then I will make Ber and Chains of Honor in Superor Archon's Plate. I'm getting closer to DClone and Ubers, just need good armor and pally shield for Exile.

vota DC

Augur
Started the game as hardcore Necro, it's almost retarded but in a fun way to see skellies whack away every enemy without using single pot. Still have issues when Meph or Duriel kill my minions but so far my Merc has been pulling the weight. Currently on ActIV Normal so I'm not really that far on my quest to beating hell. Also have a Sorc for backup, will use her for farming and between the sessions when I get bored of casting Amplify Damage and blazing through areas. Only one notable item I got was a magic amulet from cube which has +6 all res and 10 fcr, so far better than usual trash I get on normal.
Decrepify seems to work very well: the damage output of bosses Is very low because they get both a damage and a speed nerf.

bddevil

Educated
20 years later, the core gameplay elements that made D2 what it is now, are still the standard of diablo-like arpgs (PoE, etc)

Not just the combat, but things like itemization prefix/suffix system - no one in 20 years has yet to come up with a better system. That's insane.

I miss the times when Blizzard wasn't afraid to innovate. Even if you debate the negative value that D2 brought to other genres (grinding, repetition etc) you can't deny the amount of innovation that withstood the test of time with D2, conceptually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom