Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hades - roguelike action dungeon crawler from Supergiant Games

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
This game makes the rest of the Supergiant Games portfolio look like proof-of-concepts. It incorporates the best aspects of the previous three games and manages to be more expansive, replayable and just more fun at the same time. Excited to see what they'll come up with next.

Geisler

Educated
This game makes the rest of the Supergiant Games portfolio look like proof-of-concepts. It incorporates the best aspects of the previous three games and manages to be more expansive, replayable and just more fun at the same time. Excited to see what they'll come up with next.
How much did they incorporate from their last shit-tier visual novel / soccer game? A game so memorable and fun i don't even remember what was called. It pretty much boiled down to 7 hours of banalshitboring simplistic soccer. It did have beautiful art and music though, i'll give it that.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
How much did they incorporate from their last shit-tier visual novel / soccer game? A game so memorable and fun i don't even remember what was called. It pretty much boiled down to 7 hours of banalshitboring simplistic soccer. It did have beautiful art and music though, i'll give it that.

From Pyre they incorporated only the visual novel aspects -- the piecemeal character interactions. The game is actually quite heavy on lore and NPC dialogue, but you need a lot of runs to unlock it all.

Phinx

Augur
Really fun at the start, nice variety in weapons, some dialogue that is charming but gets annoying real fast. A lot of things to spend resources on for upgrade.

My main gripe is it is missing the key ingredient that most great roguelites have. Risk vs reward. Outside of chaos gates, and maybe going into every door before passing Cerberus, it doesn't offer these risks which can lead to snowballing completely out of control with godlike power. It is a very on rails type of power scaling, less RNG, and no matter how the rooms are procedurally generated, every floor feels practically the same each run. Same enemies, rooms that feel exactly the same regardless of layout, and no secret chambers or anything to keep an eye out on.

Enemies gain shields to prevent knock backs and wall stun as you progress, and bosses also start getting repetitive. If you're looking for a less RNG, rogue-lite lite lite then it's a decent purchase. If you're looking for something with a lot of depth, loads of fun experimenting with item synergy's and coming up with item/upgrade combinations that make you feel stupidly overpowered (there is some but not on the level of Slay the Spire/Risk of Rain OP), you won't find it here. Also a dashing simulator.

Perkel

Arcane
It is released. Looks like nice rogue lite romp. Played a bit EE and it was pretty good.

1.0 hasn't been released yet, it's still in EA (current update is "Blood Price"). Pretty good game actually.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Same video as above Ivan's twitter link; more for convenience to those with adblocks that don't properly display tweets.

+ Good gameplay flow
+ Witty dialogues
+ Excellent voice acting
~ Could be repetitive gameplay-wise, depending on one's mindset

It's for casual short-window/coffee break gaming sessions where one couldn't set aside sufficient time blocks for RPGs.
You are forewarned though that it may become a much, much longer gaming sessions than intended.

Restarting from scratch with Hell Mode. Wish me luck as I've cleared only twice (both with spears on Heat 0 & 1) with my 100+ Normal Mode runs in Early Access.

Tao

Savant
I beat it at my 18th try, the last boss is fucking crazy. I dont understand what's up with the bountys and the heat but tbt i just had a haflhearted run to test, tomorrow i'll investage it and try the new toys.

Anyway the items you get beating bosses like the titan blood are limited? It seems you can only farm them one per weapon. Or fullfiling profecies. Can i sell them to the trader in the lounge and buy more of them later?

Last edited:

Villagkouras

Arcane
Well, if you like rogue-lites, it is the best thing. Gameplay is so smooth and fun, it's very addicting.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
The boon system is a simpler and arguably better-executed version of Transistor's skill combinations. The combat is much more Bastion than Transistor though, there is no pseudo-turn-based component.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Are there succubi in it? I need to know...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom