Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brian Mitsoda fired from Bloodlines 2

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Has any game ever released after massive internal changes during production (not pre-production/planning) and turned out remotely decent?

We'll find out in nine days with Wasteland 3, which now has an entirely different team of leads than when it began development in 2016. Of course, G Ziets left his job under much better circumstances than Brian Mitsoda did.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This is not good news for any project. It will be interesting to find out what actually happened that made them decide to fire Brian, when the dust settles and the game has flopped.

I'm not even hopping on the hate-train, it's just that mismanaged projects tend to fail.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What's different about this is that in these situations it usually ends with some PR written statement about "creative differences" and "both parties mutually agreed to move on' or something similar. Yet here it's basically "We fired him!" with Mitsoda going "Not sure why I was fired" so there has to be much more going on.

Bara

Arcane
Either this gets delayed to 2025 with mediocre reviews or gets tossed out and becomes memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Don't entirely feel bad as its paradox that's taking the hits here and I've never been a fan of their DLC policy.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What's different about this is that in these situations it usually ends with some PR written statement about "creative differences" and "both parties mutually agreed to move on' or something similar. Yet here it's basically "We fired him!" with Mitsoda going "Not sure why I was fired" so there has to be much more going on.

Maybe they are ready to cut their losses and release it as is, bugs and all

Zeriel

Arcane
Lots of people on the Codex are going to automatically assume this because they like Mitsoda, but in his case it's probably more likely that he'd be removed because Paradox want to cut woke content.

I mean if the game is behind schedule, it's likely that some content will need to be cut. Maybe they think Mitsoda and Cluney aren't up to the job.

lmao if you think a european company as cucked as paradox is going to want to remove woke content, this is the same company that rejects its own audience and fanbase because their memes are too "dangerous"

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lots of people on the Codex are going to automatically assume this because they like Mitsoda, but in his case it's probably more likely that he'd be removed because Paradox want to cut woke content.

I mean if the game is behind schedule, it's likely that some content will need to be cut. Maybe they think Mitsoda and Cluney aren't up to the job.

lmao if you think a european company as cucked as paradox is going to want to remove woke content, this is the same company that rejects its own audience and fanbase because their memes are too "dangerous"

It's more like if content has to be cut, the crazy woke stuff might be the first thing to go. Cara Ellison's trigger warning menu idea? Yeah, that's likely not happening now.

Paradox are European but they're not retarded. One way this game differs from VTMB1 is that its publisher also owns the World of Darkness license. They should have a strong interest in not fucking it up.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
Paradox are European but they're not retarded.

Having played Paradox games since 2003 or so (EU2) and had an eye on them since then, I've never known them as anything but moneygrubbing grinders. If they have "corporate morals" guiding them now, that's something new.

Being Swedish, I reckon they were very excited to have Brian Mitsoda on their payroll and making VtMB2. Starstruck, even.

This is a prestige-project for Paradox. It is a project that can put Paradox on the map like Witcher 3 put CDPR on the map.

I am sure they do not want to fuck this up, but firing Mitsoda sure does make it look like they've fucked up.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
They say it was done because it was the best thing for the final product. Really does sound like they wanted to add/cut content that they knew Mitsoda and the other person would protest against. Must be that, or they pissed on the wrong executive's shoes.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I guess it's not impossible that they only really wanted to get rid of the Design Director and that Mitsoda was an unfortunate extra casualty to clean out the creative lead space for that Ubisoft homo.

mondblut

Arcane
Either he looked at some tranny snowflake funny, or PDX feel that the project needs a massive dose of dumbing down injected. An ubisoft executive? Yay, exciting.

Can't wait for this shit to end up worse than Underworld and the usual suspects blaming gamers for it :smug:

mk0

Learned
It's more like if content has to be cut, the crazy woke stuff might be the first thing to go. Cara Ellison's trigger warning menu idea? Yeah, that's likely not happening now.

Paradox are European but they're not retarded. One way this game differs from VTMB1 is that its publisher also owns the World of Darkness license. They should have a strong interest in not fucking it up.
The denial is strong in this one.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I guess the easiest explanation is that some higher-ups actually played the game and thought it sucked balls, as almost every piece of press media so far has indicated.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Jesus Christ.

EMhP7fG.png

Saduj

Arcane
I love this line from the company's statement:

"We appreciate, and value, the contributions of Brian and Ka’ai, which were instrumental in establishing the game's storyline and dark tone and have helped to ensure that we are making a true successor to the iconic Bloodlines."

Translates into: We shitcanned Brian and he'll have no say from here on out but we still want to leverage his name in order to sell the idea that our game still somehow has a strong connection to the original.

Pretty standard stuff as far as corporate bullshit goes but I'm easily amused....

Gyor

Savant
I guess the easiest explanation is that some higher-ups actually played the game and thought it sucked balls, as almost every piece of press media so far has indicated.

He should have made it turned based, like Baldur's Gate 3, but using WoD rules. *ducks*

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I had stopped following the game since it didn't look good, but I somehow still had hopes because of Mitsoda. Now? Fuck it to hell.

But firing both Mitsoda and Cluney? The two most important people on this? This smells like a coup to me.

Poor Mitsoda man, the guy can't get a break.

SyOJU9I.png

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
so, about that in-game dev commentary (feat. Brian Mitsoda) :smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom