Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Quillon

Arcane
First, they took MCA from us.

Now they take Mitsoda.

I just hope they take Josh Saywer too.

"The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and Sawyer keeps on paddling..."

Jackpot

Learned
All the Paradox dude would say about it is that it was about creative stuff and not about money and that the decision to fire Brian was made between the studio and Paradox. Outstar was also talking about it:
UUPPSoi.png

"No, we aren't getting rid of what Brian did and replacing it with Assassin's Creed writing. That's why we fired Brian and hired a guy who worked on Assassin's Creed for creative consulting."

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I am not sure how firing the writer know for the original game can "bring the best Bloodlines experience to you"

Honestly, this decision is so retarded on several levels. Writing quality aside, this is like a movie changing director at the last minute and those always ended up garbage as well.

My hype for this game went from "eh game gonna be OK" to "it is definitely going to be shit."

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey would say that this is now the second time Mitsoda has gotten fired from his pet project. :lol: Holy shit.

Years ago a bird told me that Brian quit Troika before Bloodlines had shipped because he could tell the company had no future. This would mean that Dead State and his wife's game are the only things he's seen to the end.

sser

Arcane
Developer
What else exactly has Cara Ellison worked on?
I know she did the writing on Void Bastards. Wasn't bad.

Haven't played the game, but first thing on wikipedia for Void Bastards is "received mostly positive reviews from critics, who praised its comic-book art style, dark humor, and gameplay, but criticized its lackluster story and replay value." Not too confidence inspiring.

Maybe I was being too harsh in my first post. I don't know the first thing about this woman, but senior writer on a RPG matters more than senior writer on Fortnite. Some credentials are in order.

There is no story in Void Bastards, really. Just a bit of a setup to get you going. A fun game, though a bit repetitive. The writing would be in the quips which are in part also carried by the voice acting. Nothing bad, just nothing substantial.

As for the firing, that's pretty strange. It's a corporate environment so it really could be a huge range of things. I think if it were a more personal affair then he wouldn't have spoken out at all, so it might just be something coming top-down. Maybe they're not happy with the pace, production, content, really who knows. It's unfortunate, though, and obviously not something you'd want to happen.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
So, he was fired July 16. When was the delay announced, and when did Cluney leave?

Last edited:

HumanAndHalf

Literate
Welp, if game is almost finished, Mitsodas departure will not deal that much damage, and the Ubisoft guy they hired was responsible for polishing and adding some content on later stages of AC game(s), but either way

>You really are fucked!

Viata

Arcane
Tbh, it was obvious it was going to be shit on the day they announced the game. It was not the same dev that made bloodlines, not the same team. I was not expecting shit, but I still got some comedy out of it.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So I went back and read some of the earlier stuff on this thread.

its going to suck. I rather trust some a no name indie rpg developer that made a ok game in rpg maker then paradox.

Oh shit. I'm the fucking chosen one.

Give me $$$$ and I'll make the best V:TMB game your penis ever experienced.

Kind of serious. I'll just strip everything that Paradox can sue me for.

Vampire: Dark World - Generations

DeepOcean

Arcane
Honestly it's probably for the best that Mitsoda is gone. He's awfully SJW and if this means the product will no longer be "pozzlines 2" that some around here like to say then all the better imho
Man, most of his work is done and even if you assume the dude that will replace him is lesser of a SJW cuck (I dunno why would you assume that, the new dude is an Ubisoft bootlicker after all), Brian was fired not because Paradox plans to rewrite the entire game but because this thing will be released on a state that might make Kotor2 look like a complete polished game. The delays and the new guy, means cuts, lots of cuts.

Viata

Arcane
Honestly it's probably for the best that Mitsoda is gone. He's awfully SJW and if this means the product will no longer be "pozzlines 2" that some around here like to say then all the better imho
This is an extreme example of post-purchase rationalization. It's extreme because he still has not even got the product yet, but it is also already coming up with excuses. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I had no hopes that this was going to be good, but Cara being (presumably?) now in charge of narrative while Mitsoda can only watch just makes me laugh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom