Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Brian Mitsoda fired from Bloodlines 2

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
After they threw MCA under the bus my level of caring already went very low. This just kills it for me.
Inb4 felipepe or grunken (?) rpgcodex review "VMTB2, the new RPG renaissance: GOTY 2021"

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Btw the lesson here is: never never never preorder (or fund a kickstarter/indiegogo/whatever). NEVER.
If I had preordered first thing I would do is finding a way for a refund right now.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Something is rotten in the state of Seattle.

People don't just get fired without a reason. The company would have had to give him a reason. He must he hiding something.

his gloves!?
seriously, gloves don't talk

Jesus Christ.

EMhP7fG.png
I don't get it. I'm not happy about the news, obviously, but teaching rats hide & seek is awesome and cute.

I like rats too. However the problem is that reward&tapping psychology is used to create gameplay that manipulate players into spending money on microtranslations. It's knowledge used only for evil.

I like Bloodlines 1 as much as the next guy, but after Alpha Protocol and Dead State -edit: and let us not forget TToN!- (both of which I also actually like!) I'm pretty confused as to how the prevailing theory here is basically "BRIAN MITSODA DID NOTHING WRONG! IT'S A DEEP STATE CONSPIRACY!". Dude is a dumpsterfire fire, albeit a talented one.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I like Bloodlines 1 as much as the next guy, but after Alpha Protocol and Dead State (both of which I also actually like!) I'm pretty confused as to how the prevailing theory here is basically "BRIAN MITSODA DID NOTHING WRONG! IT'S A DEEP STATE CONSPIRACY!". Dude is a dumpsterfire fire, albeit a talented one.

iirc, very little survived from Mitsoda's draft of Alpha Protocol.

I agree about Dead State, however. After that mediocre disappointment much of my enthusiasm for his work vanished.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
bunch of dangerhair marketing/writing/art holes picked out another dangerhair marketing hole to play favourites with

letting any of them go would trigger collective resistance

This is actually the more likely scenario. It was Brian vs snowflakes > less painful just to let him go than argue (they sucked him dry anyway)

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
All the characters are Mitsoda-created, just rewritten (mandated by Sega when the game was being rewritten, probably to save time and art assets). Steven Heck in particular was kept very close to Mitsoda's vision.

I like Bloodlines 1 as much as the next guy, but after Alpha Protocol and Dead State (both of which I also actually like!) I'm pretty confused as to how the prevailing theory here is basically "BRIAN MITSODA DID NOTHING WRONG! IT'S A DEEP STATE CONSPIRACY!". Dude is a dumpsterfire fire, albeit a talented one.

I agree about Dead State, however. After that mediocre disappointment much of my enthusiasm for his work vanished.

Dead State was ...ok, it was just very clear that the majority of dev time was not spent on the writing.

Mitsoda strikes me as something close to Tim Schaefer: a very talented writer with aspirations towards management positions that they are supremely ill-suited towards. They need to be kept on a very tight leash.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe working on a game for 5 years, and then forcing the publisher to extend everything by another year, may have something to do with him getting the boot.

deuxhero

Arcane
Has any game ever released after massive internal changes during production (not pre-production/planning) and turned out remotely decent?

Sleeping Dogs

It was OK, but there's some serious flaws (countering being easy and the answer to everything, game becoming a shooter with wildly differing tone after the wedding) that likely could have been fixed with a less clusterfuck development.

RapineDel

Augur
People underestimate how much "attitude" and "culture" are prioritised within offices like this.

It seems the most likely scenario here is the game was well over budget with no release in site for what Brian wanted for the game along with the original design blueprint. During the last meeting where the delay was decided, Paradox told Hardsuit Labs that this game needed to be out by Q1/2 2021 and they were bringing in someone to ensure that was the case. Brian and his co worker who were aligned pushed back against this, probably made their dis-taste for the decision quite well known around the office and Paradox removed them to ensure the attitude and direction of the team wasn't affected.

The Ubisoft guy just seems like a business person, he's like a poor man's Rod Ferguson who will come in, ensure that the game is cobbled together to resemble a game with a beginning, middle and end and he'll likely be gone after the game ships. He won't give a toss about the game's vision, just about getting something out they can call "finished" and be damned with the cuts.

I feel for Brian, I didn't think much of his involvement originally but it seems like he did want to give the fans something great and was probably let down both by being too ambitious himself and the fact Hardsuit Labs are likely a hack development team with no real talent or experience. Paradox expected way too much and they should been realistic and ensured the scope of the game was much smaller right from the start.

Santander02

Arcane
Mitsoda was the sole remaining shield fantards of this upcoming abortion of a game had to defend the sjw, popamole devs working on this mess.

We can now give it a certified "It will be shit" skyway seal of disapproval.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom