Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Electronic Arts returns to Steam

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
EA doesn't seem to have publisher page on Steam.
Can't put them on ignore.
I would like to point out that this issue has been fixed.
how to ignore publishers on steam?
Internet search engines are your friends (sometimes).
1lfXEO8.png
thank you but i have already found out.
now electronic ass will never show up again in my recommended lists, hopefully

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It really seems like Electronic Assfuckers wants to keep American McGee's Alice an Origin exclusive. They either see no value in its re-release, or too much value, in which case it would make sense to make it exclusive to funnel more saps into their web of dark patterns, and keep hold of the old ones.

If you mean the original, it's not available on Origin either. It was given out as a pre-order incentive for the sequel I believe, but has not been sold on its own.

Citizen

Be advised that Steam has a hard limit of 100 Creators/Curators that you can put on Ignore. Once you reach that limit Steam will throw silly error messages at you.

When you reach ignore cap it automatically adds a codex-style "safespace" tag on your steam profile

KVVRR

Learned
Finally I can actually try Titanfall's multiplayer.

Yeah man, you waited years to avoid Origin and ended up with Origin anyway. Congrats.

No, I meant that the game finally has people actually playing it now. I don't care about origin one way or the other, every company seems to have a launcher nowadays and at this point I think I'm more willing to give money to EA than valve seeing as to how they've treated the IPs I actually care about. Not that EA's any better tho

Squid

Arbiter
Oh people are playing TF2 again? Might actually reinstall it. Got tired of waiting forever for lobbies.

Seethe

Arbiter
Yea, I'm gonna get Titanfall 2. I have been aching to play an FPS shooter, and nothing else really impresses me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20200818005672/en/

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) has revealed that EA Access and Origin Access Basic have become EA Play*, and Origin Access Premier is now EA Play Pro, all with a fresh new look. All the great benefits players love (trials of new EA games, 10% savings on digital purchases including full games and a library of top titles) aren’t going anywhere. In fact, even more benefits are on the way over the coming months, starting with in-game challenges and monthly reward drops for members on select titles. In addition, on August 31st, EA Play will launch on its fourth platform, the most in the industry, with Steam for PC, and players can look for more exciting news on EA Play soon.

EA Play is a game subscription service that makes every game more rewarding with access to exclusive player challenges, in-game rewards, member-only content and a library of top titles including The Sims™ 4, Need for Speed™ Heat, Titanfall® 2 - and some of EA’s most fabled franchises like Battlefield™, Star Wars™ Battlefront and Plants vs Zombies™. EA Play is available on Xbox One, PlayStation®4 and on PC via Origin™ now, and launches on Steam for PC on August 31st.

EA Play members get more from their favorite games with unique in-game benefits and perks for EA’s latest games:
  • Madden NFL 21 players get to start their season early on August 21st, as well as enjoy EA Play Challenges, a launch-day pack in Madden Ultimate Team™, three Gold Team Fantasy Packs each month, plus additional in-game benefits that will give you a boost on the field.
  • FIFA 21 players will get early access to the trial starting October 1st with pre-launch challenges to unlock bonuses and additional benefits all season long including FIFA Ultimate Team™ Season Objective XP boosts.
  • Star Wars™: Squadrons players will receive in-game perks through vanity items like the Interceptor Elegance Helmet and the Ashen Monarch Starfighter Paint Job Set.
Members can also try out selected new release games for up to 10 hrs, with saved progress for those who decide to purchase the game so they can continue where they left off. Members also save on digital purchases, with a 10% member discount on full games to Season Passes, points packs and DLC. Members of EA Play will also be the first to try a reimagined PC experience that is currently available as Origin Beta. An EA Play membership is available for $4.99 a month. EA Play Pro membership, with full access to all of EA’s new titles, is $14.99 a month or $99.99 a year.

This summer, EA Play Live debuted as the new name for our annual live event previously called EA Play. EA Play Live is a showcase dedicated to sharing the latest EA news from world premieres and game updates, to fun ways for players and community to interact with EA’s hit games.

For more information on EA Play please visit www.eaplay.com.

*CONDITIONS, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS APPLY. SEE EA PLAY TERMS FOR DETAILS.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Been a premium subscriber since last year, but not sure I'm going to renew.

The biggest let-down of the sub is that it doesn't include all the content of their dollhouse murder simulator cash cow. There's also been no new releases that I could think of, other than C&C remaster, and Battlefield 5 died with one of their balancing patches.

The only reason to stick around is for the benefits that are likely to come with FIFA's playing card game mode, but it has never kept me going more than a month or two.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
I didn't even know.
I guess I'll simply continue to not buy your games EA.

Codex Year of the Donut

GrainWetski

Arcane
Been a premium subscriber since last year
why
FIFA and Battlefield.

It's cheaper than buying both standalone and you get extra content.
have you considered playing better games?
Many times. But I enjoy FIFA. And Battlefield isn't completely shit.
povertyball is pretty gay tbh, don't they have a hockey game?
NHL hasn't made its long-awaited return to PC yet, but with the upcoming crapegg game coming to Steam in a week it's hopefully just a matter of time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom