Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 2 is vastly overrated

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Listen, Lilura is a WORLD FAMOUS BLOGGER, didn't you know?

Bend the knee, pleb.

I'm curious about critiques of BG2 as incoherent carnival. I agree, but I also wonder if the game would have been anywhere as fondly remembered and widely celebrated if it had edited away 20% of its content and provided more consistent themes?

The game is a critical failure across the board, so no.

vazha

Arcane
As retarded as this thread is, there's a silver lining: It wasn't made by Lilura.
UPD: Oh I see he has already popped up and added that extra dose of retardo to the thread. Now all is as it should be.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Lilura, just because you barely know anything about the series doesn't mean you need to rate everything "shit". Continue with that behaviour and I'll just add you into the ignore list.

EDIT: And into the "ignore list" she went. By the way, copying statistics from the game manual and game guides whilst over-saturating every single sentence with adjectives make for a shitty blog.

EDIT 2: Looks like I made a transsexual angry. Allow me to have a sensible chuckle.

You can't add Lilura to the ignore list. She's the most interesting person on the codex.

Lol.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
When mentally challenged little primates don't have arguments they resort to the age old tactic of throwing feces. It's amusing for a while, but then the little Tiax monkey gets tiresome and earns its place in the iggy bin with many other shitposters.

And yet you employ terms I have coined or made famous on the Codex. :smug:

Also, how about I slander you a bit, since you have gone so far as to call me "a cunt" out of malice?

First, you admitted to not having a girlfriend. Sure sign of a loser, right thar. Second, you admit to having played Oblivion several times since it came out, yet only played Fallout and Jagged Alliance 2 recently; you slandered both and edited your Fallout shitpost afterwards. Third, you haven't even played Silent Storm or ToEE, yet you think you are a combat system connoisseur. Fourth, you haven't even played Arcanum. Fifth, you slander the Amiga just because you can't get its emulator to work.

In sum, you are a low-bred gamer, a filthy casual and a pedigreeless mutt whose hero is a blogger whom I've outstripped by a factor of 5.

Baldur's Gate 2 is one of the reasons game worlds are being built like theme parks these days. More and more decline so to not ever "bore" players rather than incline such as Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Oooooh. So edgy. So contrarian. I can feel the suave ebb from your razor sharp insights.

:shitposting:
It's almost like people hate having a large variety of well made quests in a genre where the principle driver is the PC....questing. Perhaps the player should only be able to earn coin necessary to advance the plot through a curated tunnel of plot points. Fuck choice. To hell with variety. Exploration and discovery are chores. Elaborate side-quests are so much distraction.

Have you no shame? Put the razor down.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
It's almost like people hate having a large variety of well made quests in a genre where the principle driver is the PC....questing. Perhaps the player should only be able to earn coin necessary to advance the plot through a curated tunnel of plot points. Fuck choice. To hell with variety. Exploration and discovery are chores. Elaborate side-quests are so much distraction.
Seems that you fail to see the difference between finely crafted gameworld with interesting quests and mishmash of almost unconnected ideas and events. The finest examples of the former are Fallout 1 or Arcanum. The latter is BG series and any Shittesda games.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Stop posting non-RPG related shit in the General RPG forum. Several of you have done so ITT and at least one of you in particular is starting to make a habit of it.

You know who you are and you have been duly warned.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Stop posting non-RPG related shit in the General RPG forum. Several of you have done so ITT and at least one of you in particular is starting to make a habit of it.

You know who you are and you have been duly warned.

Just ban Lilura. He'll have an alt account set up in 20 seconds anyway.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Lilura, just because you barely know anything about the series doesn't mean you need to rate everything "shit". Continue with that behaviour and I'll just add you into the ignore list.

EDIT: And into the "ignore list" she went. By the way, copying statistics from the game manual and game guides whilst over-saturating every single sentence with adjectives make for a shitty blog.

EDIT 2: Looks like I made a transsexual angry. Allow me to have a sensible chuckle.

You can't add Lilura to the ignore list. She's the most interesting person on the codex.

Lol.

I've unironically heard that argument before, and after reading through some of his posts, the exact opposite is true - he never brings anything fresh or interesting to the table - just the same adjective- and insult- riddled platitudes.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Wow ! Bg1 vs BG2, which is better and why ? What an original, new, and tought provoking question !
:nocountryforshitposters:

There was a time when this kind of shit thread would have been retardoed or merged before reaching page 2. Now it spawns 5 pages of "fascinating" discussion in a day. I guess Dylan had it right : times they are a changin'. Can't wait for BG3 !
:popamole:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
OP is a suspected Alt. My guess is that's it's Swen trolling.

He seems to have problem with his games delivering ample content. Athkatla is a large fantasy city. It's in a fantasy nation. Lots of people (and creatures) live there. Things happen. Those things provide the player with opportunities to earn money required to advance the plot. The player need not complete them all, as someone who knows what they are doing can come up with all the money before ever leaving Waukeen's Promenade. Players are welcome to try that route if things like "fun" and "choice" lack appeal, but I wouldn't recommend skipping all the glorious content. The spell combat is also glorious, and one of the most enduring qualities the game has. It's varied venues for adventuring is a virtue--none of which are out of place or shoe-horned into the setting. His complaints, if any, should be directed at The Forgotten Realms, rather than Baldur's Gate 2 itself. The art is lovely. Grounded in historical realities with fantasy embellishments.

Wait, is Swen THE Swen?
tenor.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom