Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Archmage Rises - the play-how-you-want mage simulator - now available on Early Access

Darth Canoli

Arcane

About animations: "i think they look pretty damn good"

Go to the 4:20 timestamp on the video.
The bat animation is just an still sprite moved up and down, the lancer just slightly waves his spear and so on.

Aside from the mounted warg, this is garbage, no "animations" at all would be way better.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2020/8/21/update-125-build-124-released-finance-news-combat

This week I demo Build 12.4 (out today) show the latest progress on combat, and share some special news about how we’ll be able to finance this project for the near future.

Build+12.4+Dirty+Dungeon.jpg

That’s a dirty dungeon!

Build 12.4 Release Notes
  1. Added 3 new rare dungeon room types: Burial Chamber, Crypt, and Tomb

2. New water stains and dirt in dungeons

3. Fixed save file corruption issue

4. Fixed black screen of death (BSoD) coming back from combat in the dungeon

5. Fixed gifting NPCs

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2020/10/24/update-127-an-old-friend-stops-by

A surprise update for a surprise visit with Nic Biondi, the original programmer helping on Archmage Rises!

Even though the main team is working on a contract project, progress on Archmage does continue with Rogier the artist and D2 the programmer.

In this update we cover the work done on the new race of Ettins, new combat terrain types and its effects, and what working on this external contract means for Archmage Rises.

archmage+rises+ettin2.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2020/12/31/update-128-2020-wrap-up

On Aug 29 2020 we shared the news we are taking a short contract to build a mobile game for another studio that needed some help. The project started Sept 1 and went until Dec 15.

This update has three parts:
  1. What resulted from taking on this project

2. Walkthrough of the game we made: Lost Legends of Redwall: Feast & Friends

3. What it means for Archmage Rises in 2021
Despite the COVID challenges of 2020, this was a good year for us. Hope it was for you too. Have a happy new year and looking forward to returning to Archmage Rises development in the new year!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
First I heard of this. That hex fog of war had me intrigued. I'd buy it on gog for that alone is it was randomly generated. That hexcrawl reminds me of the DMG random generation. I'm still looking for a computer version of that.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
So.. abandoning development to work on some mobile trash for months? Yeah, that sure makes it likely I'll give you any money.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
So.. abandoning development to work on some mobile trash for months? Yeah, that sure makes it likely I'll give you any money.
Yeah, taking a break from development after 4 years, what a bunch of ASSHOLES!! Now you'll never get my money, ya cunts! I'll punish ya good!

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
It might still come out. Hopefully not just Steam exclusive.
k4KMw2T.jpg

I find that amusing. Buuuutttttt...... a recent sci-fi tactical anime xcom-like game caught my eye. Hmmmmmm....

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2...development-archmage-rises-annual-report-2021

Today I tell my wife how much of our money I spent making my dream indie game.

In this annual report we review effort from 2014-2020, expenses and revenue, and the road ahead to completing the project. For fans who have been following the project for a while, this should help explain some of the decision making along the way.

I hope you enjoy the transparency. I’m happy to clarify anything or answer questions.
Put in the youtube comments if you found it interesting!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

http://www.archmagerises.com/news/2021/3/6/update-130-team-building

2021 is going well and also crazily. In this update I reveal the efforts we’ve made to expand the team and get this game done! Also a quick status on how Combat is going.

Who are We?
Recruiting isn’t just about resumes and interviews. It’s about corporate culture and how we work together to a common goal. It has a lot more to do with professional team coaching than it may first appear. Somewhat related, I’m currently reading Phil Jackson’s book Eleven Rings. It’s making an impression upon me that it isn’t just talent that matters. It’s talent that is fully engaged. Michel Jordan or Shaq or Pippin on a bad day, not performing their best, is not a 10% loss in productivity, it’s at least 50% productivity loss.

I can talk more about my experience and thoughts on team leadership elsewhere, but for as it relates to right now, hiring more people forces the question of “How do we do what we do? How do we integrate new people into it?” This goes way beyond github access and pointing out key class files.

I’ve known for a while that we need Corporate Principles, and I’ve kept notes as we’ve gone along, but now is the time to codify them. So everyone can see them, agree, and most importantly: live them.

Your experience with Corporate Principles may vary. Most places, it is something nice sounding on the wall that goes unnoticed.

The real use of them is in Decision Making. When faced with a tough decision, how do we make it? Run down the principles and one of them will probably tell us what to do.

CONVICTIONS ARE DECISIONS MADE AHEAD OF TIME. SO IN THE MOMENT, WE DON’T HAVE TO WONDER OR GUESS WHAT TO DO.
Corporate Principles are our Convictions as a company.

My good friend Brock helped turn it from a boring word doc into a poster we put on the wall.

I post them here as they may be of interest to you, and you can feel free to hold us to them.

As I told the team: If you use a corporate principle, you automatically win the argument!

Defiance+Core+Principles.png

Harthwain

Magister
Looks like they didn't have enough info to warrant a proper combat update, but decided they need to post an update, so they padded it with "team building".

Edit: OK, the video is actually more than some corporate message "People Are Important" as I was led to believe by the attached text.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I am surpised his wife hasn't divorced him over pouring this much time and money to this project lol
Women like men who have real hobbies, something that doesn't include drinking beer and shitposting on the dex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom