Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Civvie thread (classic FPS reviews/commentary on youtube)

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Boy, Civvie really did fall out of favor with the Kodex, didn't he?

Him donating to BLM criminals was an hard pill to swallow. When the communists are done ripping America apart nobody is going to give a flying fuck about boomer games as you would be too busy scavenging dumpsters for food.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There is nothing to write about.
He made Quake2 video and as expected - it was meh game. Reznor was right.
Another level of Thief? We already discussed about that game.
Some DLC addon for Duke Nukem 3D? Whatever.

Can't wait for RAGE video - that was sour disappointment after years of developement. Doom3 works was long but RAGE work felt like eternity. All that to get... this.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Quake 2 > Daikatana. Codex try hards and their muh creativity. Fuck creativity. Polish > garbage even when its sterile or routine.

Riskbreaker

So I guess this is like some sort of FPS version of classicism vs. romanticism.
Anyway, I'd much rather deal with a patched Daikatana than with Quake 2, the latter being the epitome of bland whereas the former, with all its roughness and BS, at the least has some interesting environments and foes. But I guess Quake 2 is technically proficient. It could've been made by an AI for sure.

Tho I guess I could give another chance to that Xatrix expansion, as I've learned to appreciate them since. Thing is I've played it after Unreal, and it felt like lesser Unreal: the opening environs were some sort of rocky mountainside (tho of far less impressive scale than such an environ would be in Unreal, and with brownish, fecesish palette), with Skarjish alien enemies, and some dark, rusty interiors. I'd guess it would be pretty fitting if Q2's high point would feel like lesser Unreal painted in excrement and rust. Unexpectedly poetic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
why are youtubers so bad at games?

Because having the talent to be an entertaining media person does not automatically correlates with being good at anything else.

BTW, Civvie, go bail those people out please lmao:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Tho I guess I could give another chance to that Xatrix expansion, as I've learned to appreciate them since. Thing is I've played it after Unreal, and it felt like lesser Unreal: the opening environs were some sort of rocky mountainside (tho of far less impressive scale than such an environ would be in Unreal, and with brownish, fecesish palette), with Skarjish alien enemies, and some dark, rusty interiors. I'd guess it would be pretty fitting if Q2's high point would feel like lesser Unreal painted in excrement and rust. Unexpectedly poetic.
Q2 expansions are way better than the base game (Ground zero has some bullshit moments though).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So I guess this is like some sort of FPS version of classicism vs. romanticism.

Filthy Wagnerites, they all deserve the rope.

Bzvxxj7IMAAvaoy.jpg

DraQ

Arcane
Reznor was right.
I actually didn't know that Reznor refused to make Q2 OST because of meh.
:salute:
Good choice.
:incline:
Quake 2 > Daikatana. Codex try hards and their muh creativity. Fuck creativity. Polish > garbage even when its sterile or routine.
I would expect nothing else of our local polish connoisseur. Which kind do you like the most? Shoe or are you more partial to furniture brands?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Quake 2 < Daikatana < Chasm: The Rift < Unreal
Daikatana:
-Dumb companions, everyone hates them so much that they make the game harder for themselves by refusing to babysit them
-The worst aesthetic ever created, probably made by some retarded demon who Romero met in a dream and thought would be cool to hire
-‘RPG mechanics’ by which we mean silly stats that either make the game too easy or are just redundant
-Weird weapons, including ULTIMATE GAS HANDS
-Enemies that are either extremely trivial or are able to run at you at 500 mph and instantly kill you with hitscan
-lol save gems

Quake 2:
-Graphics and lighting that don't look like shit
-Normal gameplay with ordinary weapons
-Stupidish enemies, but not so excessively easy or hard

Yeah, Quake 2 < Daikatana indeed, derp

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Quake 2 < Daikatana < Chasm: The Rift < Unreal
Daikatana:
-Dumb companions, everyone hates them so much that they make the game harder for themselves by refusing to babysit them
-The worst aesthetic ever created, probably made by some retarded demon who Romero met in a dream and thought would be cool to hire
-‘RPG mechanics’ by which we mean silly stats that either make the game too easy or are just redundant
-Weird weapons, including ULTIMATE GAS HANDS
-Enemies that are either extremely trivial or are able to run at you at 500 mph and instantly kill you with hitscan
-lol save gems

Quake 2:
-Graphics and lighting that don't look like shit
-Normal gameplay with ordinary weapons
-Stupidish enemies, but not so excessively easy or hard

Yeah, Quake 2 < Daikatana indeed, derp

You can’t complain about Daikatana’s weapons and then not even mention Quake 2’s horrible gunplay. Did you even Quake 1, bruh?

Riskbreaker

The environs in Daikatana CAN look pleasing, especially the portions of E2. Such as the earliest maps, when you first arrive in Greece. The lighting & colour scheme are very easy on the eye.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom