Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zlaja

Arcane
TCwiCaw.jpg

My current Arcanum char. How do orc years work exactly?

No mods? Then why does the interface look so minimalistic?
Just -fullscreen in the shortcut. IIRC this feature was added with the last official 1.7.0.4 patch.

I believe you can just press F10.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
I usually switch to RT and just ignore the spiders.
I thought about it first along the way there but they're throwing fireballs and pretty fast overall. It's nice that I was able to clear them somehow, or I had to running aroung a lot I guess.

HansDampf

Arcane
Sunlust p2

ENwCc78.jpg

ks95u1Q.jpg

Map 15 is the first map that, I would say, even a highly skilled Doom pro wouldn't be able to beat first try. You need to have a good strategy for every fight.

4M28d8m.jpg

SmVelKK.jpg

That's a bit tight.

aik1m4z.jpg

"Postcoitus Doom"
This map is garbage. Like, here are 40 Archviles and a BFG. Good luck!
lCwlcwb.png

26GGcq1.jpg

u7OUCt5.jpg

RnGXQwb.jpg

A change of scenery.

kUwdXkb.jpg

Are they getting digested?

pr6pgBb.jpg

:positive:

:troll:

OyCgZ4c.jpg

Of course, you can't cover all of them. And when I tried to kill one or two of them first, I would get overwhelmed by the other monsters. The key is to switch sides before they do.

xU4Ebo7.jpg

Way to finish a map.

AuvdXQ3.jpg

Literal monster closets!

o6P2oGr.jpg

Inverti in Darkness has been the hardest map so far, mainly because of this fight against 4 Archviles, Barons, and a Cyberdemon. I found a fairly reliable but kinda dumb method. I run into this closet to hide from the Archvile attacks, and wait for the Cyberdemon to come around the corner and shoot a rocket at me. It looks dangerous, but a Baron will usually appear right at the last moment and catch the rocket, which will damage most of the enemies and make them all fight the Cyberdemon. Usually...
:M

RGfMwc1.jpg

pYYH4x5.jpg

Is it just me or are the maps getting darker?

sser

Arcane
Developer
Was in an ambush scenario (midst of a campaign). I had a platoon of infantry on a far west wing of hedgerows with the rest of the battalion on the east wing w/ a platoon of anti-tank guns. Two Mark IV's came in, but both got knocked out. The rest was a heap of trucks. I pre-sighted the road and the hedges with a bit of mortar fire, but after those emptied I noticed the fire was getting heavier on the flank with the AT guns. German MGs are very dangerous once they get setup, so I put a satchel through the west flank's hedges and snuck around the side. This was the end result:

cmbn1.jpg

cmbn2.jpg

cmbn3.jpg

cmbn4.jpg

cmbn5.jpg

:shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom