Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think some insider leaked something like "No ER presentation this year, except maaayyybe at Game Awards".

When ER didn't come out this spring it was p. much guaranteed it was gonna come out spring 2021, since From always launch games in spring.

My guess is if we don't see anything at GA then something got fucked and it's not coming in spring 2021 either.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mi-Mi-Miya*sputters as he loses oxygen* MITSUBISHI-san, I am a VERY busy man, you must understand *eats* I am as of late working quite diligently on my newest book, The *fart* The WINDS of Winter, *sweats loudly* I have only so much time to devote to your little electronic amusement.*hacks up chicken bone* But what I find TRULY egregious, based on the material you have provided me, and *belches* based on your PREVIOUS work, is the complete lack of believable World-Building. In particulaaaaaaaarrrrrr*heart stops for 20 seconds* the complete LACK of any description of Lord Gwyn, who is a KING I suppose *snort* having ANY kind of discernible tax policy! His capital, Anal London I believe you so quaintly named it *chuckles* seems to be quite grandiose, aye? But how does he PAY for it all? Flying buttresses ah yes, great big knights patrolling around, who pays for THOSE? *urine stain slowly spreads on shorts* You've got to THINK about these things, man, or else I won't get any work done at all! *falls into diabetic coma*

Vyadhis

Learned
What are the odds you think they are delaying the game so it will be a ps5 title? Its for the current gen consoles and pc right?

Silverfish

Arbiter
No way on Earth does Elden Ring launch on PS5. We're going into Duke Nukem Forever territory before this thing is done.

Bendu

Augur
Martin concluded his work on Elden Ring long ago. He just wrote the overarching mythos for the game. This mythos was a base for Miyazaki and From to create the world for Elden Ring.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Martin concluded his work on Elden Ring long ago. He just wrote the overarching mythos for the game. This mythos was a base for Miyazaki and From to create the world for Elden Ring.
No, what the fuck are you talking about? From hired Martin to work as a developer on the game, that's why everyone is so excited about ER. He is singlehandedly developing the AI of every single enemy in the game, with extensive agency outside of player interaction and overarching goals throughout the entire plot.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Oh, Elden Ring.
7736794.jpg

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
From hired the world's foremost procrastinator.

Theres quite a bit of difference between procrastinating on your own project vs being a contracted writer delivering a treatment. At this stage of development, Martin is likely long finished whatever involvement he had, and what involvement he had in the first place is probably way oversold.

So, do you guys have any actual reasons to believe this is going to be "duke nukem forever territory" or is this just one of those dork tics?

Mojobeard

Augur
Feel free to apologize to me in 2037 when the game drops.
You realize /v/'s source and opinions are from their own assholes, right? Just because something is parroted there doesn't make it so. "The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact." So sayeth the wise Alaundo.

Corona happened which pushed a lot of games until later and a new console generation is coming out. Plus, From Soft is notorious for suddenly changing major parts of their games, and not being very communicative.
Not only that, but games are always being pushed back. It just happens.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
If it's true and the game will be massive, open world and stuff, then the game will have a lot more than 12 bosses. Way more.
if-you-see-this-image-while-scrolling-you-have-been-3783818.png
We haven't seen an open world game in Soulsborne style from From Software. Maybe they bring something new. It could allow for dynamic bosses that move over the map or some that appear only during the day or only during the night. Maybe put a ruin somewhere and underneath it an underground maze or whatever. Bridges, shortcuts, slopes connecting various places. If there are a few cities we can be sure that they'll be as interconnected and we'll designed as in the previous games.
I know open world design is pretty shit but I'm waiting to see how FS does it.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
This game does not exist, guys. You can stop posting about it! :D
who told you that? the game exist and i'm playing it. it's shit, skyrim like procedural generation locations with somewhat more interesting encounters and combat. npc are too few and tropey. bosses are cool tough. no level scaling but you can outlevel areas easily and all bevomes too easy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom