Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Vyadhis

Learned
P9z86xb.jpg

Reshade looks fine in game for MHW but it fucked the colors of my screenshot folder with some bug but I don't have the heart to try and fix it because said bug produces interesting results. Looks like the rotten vale is taking over coral highlands here

warpig

Incel Resistance Leader
Manlet
Mortal Shell. It's ok, not some masterpiece maybe but I'm enjoying it. It's actually not a straight up clone of DS, visually they go for a similar atmosphere (even the menus are kind of similar to souls) but somewhat more grimdark. The combat is based around the souls style but it has some new mechanics - you can turn into stone for a short while (you can do it anytime you want, while dodging, attacking whatever), there are no shields and there is more emphasis on parrying (best way to regain health is to parry and attack after). I didn't like the combat at first, had to get used to it. The leveling up is different, you don't level up in a traditional way(like more points to strength so you deal more dmg or whatever etc.) but gain extra skills (each "shell" has different) and there are 2 types of "experience points" one is like souls from DS (works the same way u get it for killing and lose it if you die) and the other more important type is gained from killing bosses and consuming rare items, sometimes it drops but it's not very common. Supposedly it's kind of short, around 10h, but I don't care about this tbh, I prefer shorter games than 100000h of boredom and filler. I haven't finished it yet but so far it's fun.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
qRbfG3O.png

Finished my "being dwarven" gimmick run. It was a breeze, naturally (thanks to gimmick itself which was posted above) but very enjoyable one, had a lot of fun. Funny that since I haven't launched the game for a several years I forgot a lot of things and thus fucked up minmax whoring big time. First of all, I remembered the All-Father's blessing only mid-game but at that point I had max tech aptitide so I couldn't buy statue token for one of the temples from elven vendor in Ashbury. Not to mention that since All-Father's blessing gives 12 firearm skill points among other things, wise cource of action would be not to spend them and get through with underdeveloped firearm skill (although it could be preeeetty tiresome to do the circles without teleportation spell, so...).

Second of all, completely forgot about Vivifier being available to... anyone thanks to manuals so few stat points were wasted as well. Third of all, for crafting Tesla Gun good idea is to steal Looking Glass Rifle from firearms Master (which he gives to player in case of renouncing obtaining mastery) via fate point but again, I remembered about it only after doing his quest (pretty tough encounter by the way) and he was gone at that time.

But no matter, it was such an overkill anyway since I used pair of companions and crafted some automatons for beating Stringy Pete. After doing that I cba to level up more so just went to the finish line.

Few very unfortunate notes regarding vanilla: str bonus from machined plate mail doesn't work at all. And Vendigroth theme doesn't play in Vendigroth ruins, that's a shame, I like it a lot :(

So yeah, thouse are quite significant to curb my vanilla faggotry and to play some modded versions next time maybe (but they have so much other bs in it usually, eh).
7dcPD2L.png

The toughest encounter in the game (took me four tries)
3mcwwdE.png

Stats before the finale.
qlN26uJ.png

Never paid attention before, huh. By the way, saw very similiar statues in Underrail's Expedition :P
6A94668544C93F51FB76460B8C9502BEFBA071A7

Yeah, speaking with elfs might be tiresome for a dwarf.
A16C36851F4E8668B795BD1BFD7B443B82DE4C20

Stupid orcs are stupid.
xGCsgrK.png

Untill the next time, game.

Last edited:

turkishronin

Arcane
qRbfG3O.png

Finished my "being dwarven" gimmick run. It was a breeze, naturally (thanks to gimmick itself which was posted above) but very enjoyable one, had a lot of fun. Funny that since I haven't launched the game for a several years I forgot a lot of things and thus fucked up minmax whoring big time. First of all, I remembered about All-Father's blessing only mid-game but at that point I had max tech aptitide so I could't buy statue for one of the temples from elven vendor in Ashbury. Not to mention that since All-Father's blessing gives 12 firearm skill points among other things, wise cource of action would be not to spend them and get through with undeveloped firearm skill (although it migth be preeeetty tiresome to do the circles without teleportation spell, so...).

Second of all, completely forgot about Vivifier being available to... anyone thanks to manuals so few stat points were wasted as well. Third of all, for crafting Tesla Gun wise cource of action is to steal Looking Glass Rifle from firearms Master (which he gives to player in case of renouncing obtaining mastery) via fate point but again, I remembered about it only afterwards (pretty tough encounter by the way) and he was gone at that time.

But no matter, it was such an overkill anyway since I used few companions and crafted some automatons for beating Stringy Pete. But after doing that I cba to level up more so just went to the finish line.

Few very unfortunate notes regarding vanilla: str bonus from machined plate mail doesn't work at all. And Vendigroth theme doesn't play in Vendigroth ruins, that's a shame, I like it a lot :(

So yeah, thouse are pretty significant to curb my vanilla faggotry and to play some modded versions next time maybe (but they have so much other bs in it usually, eh).
7dcPD2L.png

The toughest encounter in the game (was fourth try to me)
3mcwwdE.png

Stats before the final battle.
qlN26uJ.png

Never paid attention before, huh. By the way, saw pretty similiar statues in Underrail's Expedition :P
6A94668544C93F51FB76460B8C9502BEFBA071A7

Yeah, speaking with elfs might be tiresome.
A16C36851F4E8668B795BD1BFD7B443B82DE4C20

Stupid orcs are stupid.

whoa you can craft robots in Arcanum??!! Every time I find something new about this game

jackofshadows

Magister
whoa you can craft robots in Arcanum??!! Every time I find something new about this game
Yep, they're pretty powerful and doesn't count as followers i.e. you can craft as many as you can/want which is kinda crazy. Also you can repair them for free outside of combat (and medical arachnid heals you and you companions for free anytime).

Yldr

Educated

a2ERrGp.png

Lufia 2 Curse of the Sinistrals (2010) on DS

Let me preface by saying that I never played the original 1995 Rise of the Sinistrals on SNES; all I know is that the combat was turn-based whereas this one is a fully re-imagined top-down hack'n-slash not unlike Ys.

The first thing that sets it apart is how good-looking it is. The illusion would probably shatter on a big screen but on a handheld it's absolutely gorgeous, it's insane that the DS can even pull this off. The OST is solid too if not very imaginative, and combined with the visuals the game is always excellent at conveying its intended mood.

The writing is typical jRPG fare but I do give it credits for having characters hook up, get married and give birth midstory, instead of tiptoeing around the issue forever; otherwise it's so formulaic it might as well be a bullet-point checklist.

The combat system is pretty rudimentary though fast and satisfying, but it's the dungeons that carry the game: varied, elaborate, always with new and fun gimmicks, challenging enough to matter but still without dragging on, and again the beautiful 3D engine truly shines. Considering the dungeons are the core of the gameplay it will probably feel closer to Zelda than to actual jRPG household names.

Expect about 15 hours out of it, and the "real" ending isn't different enough to warrant a second playthrough, just watch it online. I'm not a huge fan of Japanese-styled games in general so it was just long enough to avert ending fatigue.

OZ0czy9.png

v17OOly.png

FfigJac.png

SHG0u4Y.png

s2KtyRc.png

nRlEjiL.png

UXkin4w.png

tV63gcX.png

o7cNKlp.png

xBNMVfd.png

rV5lVHG.png

hv3hEi9.png

1XckD9X.png

wZKf1yN.png

o6DElmo.png

EcOkCKO.png

yBZOl3L.png

5E6OkFG.png

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Yldr did you try increasing the resolution? A lot of DS and 3DS games look pretty great on 1080p/4K.

Last edited:

Blonsky

Prophet
Horus Heresy: Betrayl at Calth

So Horus turned against the Emperor and on planet Calth two space marine factions start a years long conflict to see who is right.
qcG5GOj.jpg

Its a pretty below average turn based tactics game...........but..
XP3iejc.jpg

..the game was made for VR and was released for VR and PC, in not a very polished state, before the company went to greener pastures.
iUXFlvV.jpg

So you have free camera to take all the shoots and angles of space marines you want.
NUSeCpY.jpg

Rocket to the face
mKmjfQy.jpg

dPbcYl7.jpg

Firm and protected.
4UqATrW.jpg

Can only play as blue team, very short game and completley forgettable, it also gets more unstable in late game.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom