Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Is Infinitron correct, comrades? Is the "Easy" monster difficulty setting more similar to a "Core Rulebook" difficulty?

Core rules are different party size so nothing does.

So which settings would you recommend to be as close as possible to PnP? Post a screenshot if you can. I'm about to start my final. 100% playthrough on September 1st.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Is Infinitron correct, comrades? Is the "Easy" monster difficulty setting more similar to a "Core Rulebook" difficulty?

So which settings would you recommend to be as close as possible to PnP? Post a screenshot if you can. I'm about to start my final. 100% playthrough on September 1st.
Pick Challenging, change "Enemy stat adjustments" to "normal enemies" and you'll be as close as you can get to tabletop rules.

Warning: It will be extremely easy if you are at all familiar with the rules and not a drooling retard.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Pick Challenging, change "Enemy stat adjustments" to "normal enemies" and you'll be as close as you can get to tabletop rules.

Warning: It will be extremely easy if you are at all familiar with the rules and not a drooling retard.

If you don't use a Bard or Cleric and don't bother buffing that can be plenty hard. In other words play like Porky.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How does the loot carryover from Varnhold's Lot work? Does it depend on what you grab during the DLC, etc.?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The lack of take20 skill check in this game makes me paranoid about lockpicking/traps/etc failures.
I don't wanna save n reload so I went for Tristian's short blessing and guidance spam for +3 bonus.
This means 4 additional clicks per skill check. :lol:

Jaethal touching her Virtue and Guidance pre-fight is pretty useful too.

Desiderius

Patron
The lack of take20 skill check in this game makes me paranoid about lockpicking/traps/etc failures.
I don't wanna save n reload so I went for Tristian's short blessing and guidance spam for +3 bonus.

If you play your cards right you can get to autopass by midgame with Octavia. Good Hope is another +2.

Desiderius

Patron

Archaeologist6 gets take 10 on Trickery checks and Touch of Law from Law Domain lets you take 11 on any check.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Will it turn out that the self-prolaimed munchkin-kings don't have an answer to whether Cleric/Rogue or Inquisitor/Vivisectionist (or some other combination of these classes) is better?

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Will it turn out that the self-prolaimed munchkin-kings don't have an answer to whether Cleric/Rogue or Inquisitor/Vivisectionist (or some other combination of these classes) is better?
Imho, 1 or 3 Vivi/Cleric would be best as STR focused melee and 3 Rogue/Cleric as DEX melee, for worse damage but better AC than Strength version. But I would never want to miss out lvl 9 spells (lvl 17 cleric) or slow down spell progression too much for the main divine caster in the party and dip more than 1 level into Rogue/Vivi. Also, petless Inquisitors suck.

Still, 4 Rogue/16 Sacred Huntmaster with cat and reach weapon would be an only build I would play as self-proclaimed kinda munchkin.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
:lol: Damn, that's one big pussy.

unknown.png

B-but we're just level 3...
Luckily I have pepper spray.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Crazy thing woke up and tore Amiri apart next turn. Realizing that only vs Will shit can work I spammed, Bane, Doom, Bless, Aid, Short Blessing, Guidance, Enlarge, Mutagen and swung:

unknown.png

The reward is... 56 XP... :lol:

Desiderius

Patron
they don't know, they only play a very small select few builds over and over

Who are you referring to?

If you're referring to me I've played every single subclass in the game and made nearly all of them work much to my surprise and delight.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
:lol: Damn, that's one big pussy.

unknown.png

B-but we're just level 3...
Luckily I have pepper spray.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Crazy thing woke up and tore Amiri apart next turn. Realizing that only vs Will shit can work I spammed, Bane, Doom, Bless, Aid, Short Blessing, Guidance, Enlarge, Mutagen and swung:

unknown.png

The reward is... 56 XP... :lol:

The main reward is that tresure he's guarding - the first magical xbow available IIRC - and the piece of the very good relic necklace you can assemble as soon as you establish your barony. Another place there is no reason to be at lvl 3 though. Most of your early experience you get from questing and disarming traps.

Erebus

Arcane
I know that the game had quite a few bugs at first, but I bought it several months after its release, so I never actually had to deal with them.

Well, not until the recent update, anyway. There are definitely bugs now, and they're messing with my saves.

Desiderius

Patron
Imho, 1 or 3 Vivi/Cleric would be best as STR focused melee and 3 Rogue/Cleric as DEX melee, for worse damage but better AC than Strength version. But I would never want to miss out lvl 9 spells (lvl 17 cleric) or slow down spell progression too much for the main divine caster in the party and dip more than 1 level into Rogue/Vivi. Also, petless Inquisitors suck.

Still, 4 Rogue/16 Sacred Huntmaster with cat and reach weapon would be an only build I would play as self-proclaimed kinda munchkin.

The big determinant for Cleric is how you'll principally be using your action economy. Clerics don't get bonus feats so you don't have enough to focus on both beating saves and being a dominant damage source or tank. Since you get some of the game's best self-buffs if you do focus on the latter you can be among the best in the game (to go hard core that direction you can go Crusader) but it will cost you the ability to reliably beat saves and penetrate resistances. The main difference between Cleric and Inquisitor is fast spell progression, but spells like Frightful Aspect means that doesn't only impact offensive spellcasting but also your performance in combat.

In terms of raw power (munchkinism) as Haplo has established STR-based can't be beat if you're looking for a combat-focused toon, due to the brokenness of Enlarge effects like Aspect. I'd leave DEX-based to other classes.

Straight-up Inquisitor ends up being similar to Paladin in the way it snowballs with levels in the class, so you're better off staying single-class. It won't be broken like a focused Cleric but on the other hand it's hard to end up weak either. The base class and the three subtypes all play significantly differently so I'd encourage you to experiment with each, but none are a good fit for a Rogue splash or DEX combat although I've done ranged on a caster-focused builds and been fine.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I know that the game had quite a few bugs at first, but I bought it several months after its release, so I never actually had to deal with them.

Well, not until the recent update, anyway. There are definitely bugs now, and they're messing with my saves.
And people were laughing at me for not wanting to update. Laziness sometimes pays off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom