Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

ADL

Prophet
They're technically correct. Xaku is an amalgam of a bunch of different warframes pieced together like Frankenstein from the void.

so today the interface got many changes. each and every one for the worse. less useful, less beautiful, less immersive, a button hidden in a corner of the screen instead of a tab just there, a step more to leave the team.
i know, it's been years already DE've been showing they have no idea how and why warframe gathered a following, but daaaaamn, they have no idea about anything at all.
i expect the coming soon next expansion to be nothing more than a rehash of all the worst warframe has to offer.

Codex Year of the Donut
They've been intent on running the game into the ground for a while now, it's sort of amazing.
I used to recommend Warframe to people all the time too, can't remember the last time I did.

lore has pretty much always been retarded. it was barely acceptable since the premise "ninja-pirate in space", and from there only downhill. latest lore expansions have been pure nonsense and some asspulls.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If they'd had just stuck to ninjas in space we'd be fine. DE doesn't even know what they want this game to be anymore.

EDIT: I still need Mesa Prime to sit on my face though.

EDIT EDIT: Or Octavia deluxe.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
If they'd had just stuck to ninjas in space we'd be fine. DE doesn't even know what they want this game to be anymore.

EDIT: I still need Mesa Prime to sit on my face though.

EDIT EDIT: Or Octavia deluxe.
wouldn't be surprised if most frames end up being androgynous tranny frames from now on and old frames get "reworked"

eklektyk

Erudite
well my clans discord lit up yesterday ... it was deadish for more than half a year ... looked in too see whats the rucus about .... it was lively discussion on destiny 2 and its dlcs intermixed with monhunt ... on warframe discord ... that tells you everything about how well DE is doin ....

Codex Year of the Donut
SjP0jOI.png

:imokay:

the new lore is even much much more and more retarded than expected =_= not-claptrap is immensely stupider, sadder and more out of place than a real claptrap would, the whole alien concept and thinking of the infected reduced to an '80s family sitcom, and the new quest is a one hour long tutorial followed by a mission where you can't die.
these days things aren't just "done", for a person who creates something there's someone who approves it, someone who approves the approver, someone who overseers the someone who approves the approver and, on top, someone who has no idea what's going on but gets all the money. how is it possible that at least three people thought "yes, this is good stuff, we'll surely keep out jobs with this"? i swear, i can write better fanfic while drunk.

edit: oh, yes, i also foresaw many new slowly gathered and soon forgotten currencies, but i have never been more wrong. now EVERY NEW STORE HAS ITS NEW CURRENCY. holy shitcockfuck, even chinks shudder at this.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Warframes are space ninjas designed to fight sentients because technology betrayed us.
Warframes are powered by potato children on the moon.
Potato children are powered by overexposure to the void.
The Orokin were going to liquidate them for being too powerful, but Margolis convinced the council to stick them in the big sleepy potato and weaponize them.
Oh wait no, I guess using the potato children was all just as planned because Warframes are actually flesh golems that are fueled by pure fucking hatred and everything is powered by THE HEART!

Consistency? What's that? Also, good luck getting anything done right now, I tried to chop up fish guts for the first rank, but I got absolutely nothing even after they said just cut them up one at a time. Another typically smooth release.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, Warframe lore has always been a patchwork clusterfuck. DE got my respect for how skillfuly they always managed to cover this up with adequate component writing, Souls-esque mystery and fragmentation and various distractions.

But now it seems like the overall incoherence has finally caught up with them.

warframe didn't need any lore at all. "it just is" was more than enough. do you really want to add more? "keep being a threat so no one of these two assholes wins". perfect. warframe has always been "style over substance", this lore is cumbersome nonsense and new weapons and frames have been lacking style for years. several are quite gloriously ugly, or sometimes idiotic like the halloween frame.

ADL

Prophet
The last year and a half have been rough as a player. This was originally going to be their "do or die" moment for me but I'll give them a little more leeway as a result of COVID. 2021 better be the best year for Warframe ever or they're gonna need to reboot/sequel this shit to get it going again because they're bleeding numbers and that's not even accounting for the LeYou Technologies deal that may or may not be going public this week.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Maybe if they could figure out how to actually produce some original content. Deimos is everything we've already done before with a slightly different coat of paint. The kooky mutant sitcom family is still a step up from cockney usury victims who all think with their stomachs though.

I'll give them a little more leeway as a result of COVID
last time i checked, that virus didn't affect brains.

usury victims who all think with their stomachs though.
you know, i was fine with the poor sods who sell body parts, even heads to survive. retarded but i was fine with it, it was a forgettable detail after all, but after the last mission... holy moly, i've been counting so many extra chromosomes here...
btw, one of my pets is called "extra chromosome" because i was sick of it being beaten to a pulp and every few seconds "[pet] is down".

Gerrard

Arcane
edit: oh, yes, i also foresaw many new slowly gathered and soon forgotten currencies, but i have never been more wrong. now EVERY NEW STORE HAS ITS NEW CURRENCY. holy shitcockfuck, even chinks shudder at this.
:nocountryforshitposters:
The "currencies" let you farm standing regardless of daily cap, then turn it whenever you want. And they are only used by several things, everything else is bought with standing.
It's a massive improvement, if the only one.

deama

Prophet
I played through this again back in 2018 I think it was, a bit after octavia was released. Once I got octavia, it was a dream come true, I loved her so much and played with her lots! But then like all things, I got bored, especially since the devs didn't bother expanding her track limit so you can play actual songs.

Ever since then I've been loosely checking on what warframes have been released but none of them looked as nice as octavia, and the devs still haven't expanded her track limit!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom