Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Provisional Gaming Corner

Lilliput McHammersmith

Lady Error so they finally took away your "Literally Hitler" tag haha.

Lately, I have been playing Breath of the Wild. I was talking about its weaknesses in its pages and I decided to give it another shot. I still don't like the survival-esque feeling of the game, and I still hate the breaking weapons. But there are still some good qualities that it has. I still stand by what I said, it's a Zelda flavored Skyrim. I think it's a better game than Skyrim because it has much more fun combat.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

Yeah, asking nicely actually works sometimes.

As to games, I want to try Divinity: Original Sin 2. Really liked the first one, but I hear that part 2 has been fucked up in various ways?

Lilliput McHammersmith

Yeah, asking nicely actually works sometimes.

As to games, I want to try Divinity: Original Sin 2. Really liked the first one, but I hear that part 2 has been fucked up in various ways?
DOS2 is a decent game. The armor system is really stupid, and I very much dislike the character building, but I liked it enough to finish it. Essentially the armor system forces you to focus either on Magic or Physical attacks, thereby limiting the versatility of your party. However, I ran the game with one mage and three physical attackers and it still worked out fairly well. Basically every enemy has two armor “health bars” and you have to deplete them before you can actually hurt them, and what’s worse, you have to deplete the armor bar if you want to apply status effects.

In DOS1, you could cheese the Braccus Rex fight by hitting him with a knockdown arrow every round. Such a strategy is impossible in DOS2 unless you first deplete the physical armor bar.

All dialogue options are pretty strange. A good example:

Normal RPG:
- “Why do I have this collar around my neck?”

DOS2:
- *Demand to know why they put a collar around your neck*

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
All dialogue options are pretty strange. A good example:

Normal RPG:
- “Why do I have this collar around my neck?”

DOS2:
- *Demand to know why they put a collar around your neck*

No one's modded that out yet? :negative:

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
DOS2 is a decent game. The armor system is really stupid, and I very much dislike the character building, but I liked it enough to finish it. Essentially the armor system forces you to focus either on Magic or Physical attacks, thereby limiting the versatility of your party. However, I ran the game with one mage and three physical attackers and it still worked out fairly well. Basically every enemy has two armor “health bars” and you have to deplete them before you can actually hurt them, and what’s worse, you have to deplete the armor bar if you want to apply status effects.

Thanks.

Lilliput McHammersmith

What the fuck did you guys actually say to make this happen?
Kalin was blocked from the shoutbox, and there was a poll. Everyone who voted that he shouldn't be blocked anymore has now been quarantined into GD.

Mortmal

Arcane
For your effort and defending an innocent from censorship, you all got an exclusive tag , something no money can buy, something everyone will be jealous of forever . If you are not pleased by it, nothing will.

Raapys

Arcane
As a white male masterrace representative I find this assault upon my privilege unacceptable.

Mortmal

Arcane
Too bad about the perks that come with it.
Soon people will offer hundreds of euros via paypal to buy our accounts and prestigious affiliated tags . Plus i had my brofist abitlities amputated already...

Maxie

hahaha took me like 200h of various Trails games to notice i can revive and heal my party members using spells out of combat rather than waste resurrection scrolls

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom