Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

FriendlyMerchant

Getting numbers and making them bigger. That's what the d20 system is about.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I forget is this the game where if you have a ton of custom portraits it slows things down?
Yeah.
I forget is this the game where if you have a ton of custom portraits it slows things down?

The mod has too many. Pick out your favorite hundred or so and you're good.

Man its a pain in the ass to go through all the pics due to the fact they all need to be in their own directory. I need 5 waifus for my custom play-through and I like a wide selection for inspiration.

If I delete the extra after I hire the mercenaries is that OK or is the save already messed up?

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Also can you get shatter defense without weapon focus/Dazzling Display? Can you get it through combat tricks that bards/alchemist/rogues get? Thought you could but maybe I'm just imagining things.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Also can you get shatter defense without weapon focus/Dazzling Display? Can you get it through combat tricks that bards/alchemist/rogues get? Thought you could but maybe I'm just imagining things.
AFAIK, combat trick feat doesn't allow you to skip the pre-reqs. You may be thinking of the ranger combat style menacing combat. Ranger combat style feats DO let you skip the pre-reqs.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Combat trick feat doesn't allow you to skip the pre-reqs. You may be thinking of the ranger combat style menacing combat. Like all ranger combat style picks, you can skip the pre-reqs.

Yeah maybe that is what it was. Planning an unfair run and shatter defense seems like a necessity for my less than alpha strike melee party.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Combat trick feat doesn't allow you to skip the pre-reqs. You may be thinking of the ranger combat style menacing combat. Like all ranger combat style picks, you can skip the pre-reqs.

Yeah maybe that is what it was. Planning an unfair run and shatter defense seems like a necessity for my less than alpha strike melee party.

It's dece but undead is immune from fear, getting shaken on mobs isn't always trivial etc... I've used it less as I rely less on iteratives, except on ranged toons that have other ways to land them.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Man its a pain in the ass to go through all the pics due to the fact they all need to be in their own directory. I need 5 waifus for my custom play-through and I like a wide selection for inspiration./QUOTE]

Took me about half an hour to find forty good ones.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Any opinions on how the new turn-based mode affects the difficulty? I originally played RTwP on Challenging Mode and found the boss fights extremely tedious. Some bosses could wipe the entire party in seconds (troll king), severely limiting my offensive options. I was thinking of lowering the difficulty on a replay, but perhaps the new turn-based mode allows for more flexibility.
I've tried official TB and imo it is drastically easier than RTwP.
There two biggest differences, beside obvious things like better micro and etc:

1) AI in TB is extra retarded. I do not know if it were a same in original mod, but official TB has a huge issue with wide-spread enemy packs. There is something really wrong with combat/enemy detection range and mobs that are a bit farther from the party in the beginning of a fight do not aggro properly and completely ignore you until you come up close. So what was in RTwP a huge fight against, for example, 5-6 spiders attacking you from all sides, splits into parts in TB where you can blatantly kill enemies almost one by one.

2) Lack of free movement nerfs enemy melees hard. They usually reach party fast and almost simultaneous in RTwP in a couple of seconds, but in TB my archers and mages often have 1-2 rounds to shoot/CC everyone to death before enemy melees even connect to my front line. I've also noticed enemies skipping their turns completely in the first/surprise round, probably due to the same problem as in p.1.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Jesus Christ, they're still releasing patches. Tell me, people who are currently playing, are those patches for old bugs, or new ones introduced by the Turn-Based Update?

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Jesus Christ, they're still releasing patches. Tell me, people who are currently playing, are those patches for old bugs, or new ones introduced by the Turn-Based Update?

The game is still quite buggy. The capes can sometimes fly around in random directions, the ragdoll physics can sometimes result in a hilarious bug where the body is strung out like human spaghetti, and sometimes upon loading an old save in a dungeon, bodies of enemies you have already killed will be standing as if they hadn't been killed - but they won't attack you.

This is all from just a few hours of gameplay.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

The game is still quite buggy. The capes can sometimes fly around in random directions, the ragdoll physics can sometimes result in a hilarious bug where the body is strung out like human spaghetti, and sometimes upon loading an old save in a dungeon, bodies of enemies you have already killed will be standing as if they hadn't been killed - but they won't attack you.

Those are bugs from before the turn-based update.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
If I'm not mistaken, the last pre-TB patch was in January. This leads me to believe that most (if not all) of the problems addressed with recent patches were introduced with the TB update.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
If I'm not mistaken, the last pre-TB patch was in January. This leads me to believe that most (if not all) of the problems addressed with recent patches were introduced with the TB update.

Great, another six months of patching await. Just as I was about to begin my playthrough.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Great, another six months of patching await. Just as I was about to begin my playthrough.
If you really want to play a more stable versione of the game, I guess you can try this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1086279994

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Any opinions on how the new turn-based mode affects the difficulty? I originally played RTwP on Challenging Mode and found the boss fights extremely tedious. Some bosses could wipe the entire party in seconds (troll king), severely limiting my offensive options. I was thinking of lowering the difficulty on a replay, but perhaps the new turn-based mode allows for more flexibility.
I've tried official TB and imo it is drastically easier than RTwP.
There two biggest differences, beside obvious things like better micro and etc:

1) AI in TB is extra retarded. I do not know if it were a same in original mod, but official TB has a huge issue with wide-spread enemy packs. There is something really wrong with combat/enemy detection range and mobs that are a bit farther from the party in the beginning of a fight do not aggro properly and completely ignore you until you come up close. So what was in RTwP a huge fight against, for example, 5-6 spiders attacking you from all sides, splits into parts in TB where you can blatantly kill enemies almost one by one.

2) Lack of free movement nerfs enemy melees hard. They usually reach party fast and almost simultaneous in RTwP in a couple of seconds, but in TB my archers and mages often have 1-2 rounds to shoot/CC everyone to death before enemy melees even connect to my front line. I've also noticed enemies skipping their turns completely in the first/surprise round, probably due to the same problem as in p.1.

so yeah pretty much no reason to play this on TB for me then

thanks!

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I've been playing since the Definitive Edition hit and have no problems. I'm playing RTwP though.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
It's fucking Arcanum all over again.
"No I don't want RTwP"
"TB is superior cause I'm a fucking braindead moron"
"GIVE ME TB WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
Cunts.

People asking for TB have nothing to do with TB being implemented. Owlcat wanted to release the games on consoles, and majority of console gamers don't use mice.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think we can extrapolate a rule from PoE2 and Kingmaker's TB modes - TB modes in games designed for RTwP are a compromise at best, just don't.

Trash Player

Scholar
2) Lack of free movement nerfs enemy melees hard. They usually reach party fast and almost simultaneous in RTwP in a couple of seconds, but in TB my archers and mages often have 1-2 rounds to shoot/CC everyone to death before enemy melees even connect to my front line.
It is pretty much what is in PnP. Most foot sloggers can move less than 100 feet a turn but medium range+ spells and long range weapons can hit longer than that.
Melee sucks by the rules as it is written.

Nas92

Augur

For me, whenever I load a game in areas with dead enemies, the enemies will be standing but immediately keel over and die. Often their bodies get strung out when this happens.
Also, I tried out turn-based for a while, but for me it's laggy af while RTwP mode runs just fine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom