Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Where do I even go theses days for a good review? Every single main-stream "gaming" site is utter and complete trash and I don't want to youtube it in fears of spoilage

You wait 2-5 years for a proper RPG Codex review of course.

cpmartins

Cipher

Dodo1610

Arcane
Unity strikes again, lots of loading everywhere and loading screen can last up to a minute according to german Gamestar magazine + frame drops on a Intel Core i5-8600K mit 16 GB RAM und Geforce RTX 2070) during combat
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/wasteland-3-test-video-review-besser-als-fallout,3361240,seite3.html
Isn't it using unreal engine? At least that's what that first review on Windows Central said. Also "5/5 best thing ever". Yeah.

No it's Unity, though they also say that those frame dops only happen in big fights the rest ran smooth.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
No it's Unity
reminder that ATOM has near zero loading times and it's made by a ragtag band of nobodies but companies with microsoft money can't afford to pay programmers to pull their heads out of their asses

I was shocked at how well ATOM ran. I was expecting the usual Unity nonsense with bad performance and horrific loading times.

They did well.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Review scores seldomly mean anything, but it's still kinda fun - and even heartwarming in a weird way - to see a game like this gather praise from the press.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Got my backer key, but not sure if i'll dip into it at release. I might want to wait for some performance patches.

Häyhä

Arbiter
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...a-devilish-satire-of-post-apocalyptic-america

Wasteland 3 review: a devilish satire of post-apocalyptic America
The state of things.

png

inXile's old-school RPG is the Fallout game we've been craving.

Before Wasteland 3 begins, the developers at inXile Entertainment present the player with a message. "Wasteland 3 is a work of fiction," we're told. "Ideas, dialogue, and stories we created early in development have in some cases been mirrored by our current reality. Our goal is to present a game of fictional entertainment, and any correlation to real-world events is purely coincidental."

It's not long before you're in front of the Patriarch, a man who rules Colorado with a toxic mixture of propaganda and violence. You have come to ask for help. The Rangers back home are in dire straits and they have sent you to work for the Patriarch in exchange for the resources they need to survive. This work turns out to be solving the Patriarch's family squabble. His kids are playing up, and he needs someone to bring them in.

Oh wow, so SUBTLE and BRAVE! So imaginative, original and creative! Give these writers the Pulitzer! They even managed to cram some Ronald Reagan bashing in there, now THAT takes some serious courage in this day and age!

Gee, wonder how it got "recommended" from the cucks at Eurogamer.

Donald-Trump-1193368_9392.jpg

Zyondyne

Learned
Unity strikes again, lots of loading everywhere and loading screen can last up to a minute according to german Gamestar magazine + frame drops during rare big fights; on a Intel Core i5-8600K mit 16 GB RAM und Geforce RTX 2070) during combat
https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/wasteland-3-test-video-review-besser-als-fallout,3361240,seite3.html

Just wonderful. Long loading times is one of the reasons I just gave up on Wasteland 2. And PoE II. And pretty much any Unity RPG.

ADL

Prophet
Looks like game is pretty good, I look forward to playing it in 6 months when it's fully-patched
It's InXile, I recommend waiting for the Director's Cut.
Given how much they put into this from the start, if there is a Director's Cut I'd imagine the gap between both versions will be significantly smaller than it was between WL2 and Bard's Tale IV

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Allowing reviews to be released before launch day is a sign of confidence in a game's quality. I wouldn't assume there will be a Director's Cut, especially since they have a same day multiplatform release this time.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Does anyone know when backers get their keys? I just checked my survey and it only references a digital key between GOG and Steam. On a related note, sucks that this is likely the final GOG release from inXile.

Yosharian

Arcane
Allowing reviews to be released before launch day is a sign of confidence in a game's quality. I wouldn't assume there will be a Director's Cut, especially since they had a same day multiplatform release this time.
I don't care, I'm done buying RPGs at launch in general

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love this kind of reviews

I'm 55 hours in and it feels halfway through

They don't even beat the whole game, but they feel like they can write a review for it.

journalism.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I believe people who invested on it during Fig will receive a nice money. Not me, tho, I never believe it for a single second.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Does anyone know when backers get their keys? I just checked my survey and it only references a digital key between GOG and Steam.

You should already have it. Check your spam folder. If they didn't email you your key, register on crowdox.com and get it manually.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom