Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ADL

Prophet
Does anyone know when backers get their keys? I just checked my survey and it only references a digital key between GOG and Steam.

You should already have it. Check your spam folder. If they didn't email you your key, register on crowdox.com and get it manually.
You're right it was deep in there. Thanks.

31KfWS2.png

ADL

Prophet
As much as I hate to say it, I completely understand the sentiment. Wasteland 3's gameplay is sublime in comparison to all of those. Especially the combat. Most people aren't willing to play something as dated feeling as those. This along with Divinity Original Sin 2 set the standard for turn-based and Baldur's Gate III looks like an improvement over D:OS2 implementing a lot more verticality to the world.

Also what is top left? Online?

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Allowing reviews to be released before launch day is a sign of confidence in a game's quality.
How standards have fallen. That's the bare minimum, not a plus.

I wouldn't assume there will be a Director's Cut, especially since they had a same day multiplatform release this time.
Regardless if they make it a full separate release or not, the worst time to play these games is on release. If not for bugs, then for quality of life features and additional content / game modes that they'll add like 1 year after release. Wasteland 2, Bard's Tale IV, Divinity:OS, Pillars 1 & 2, Grimoire, Dragonfall, Kingmaker, etc... everyone who waited (even if they bought it on release) had a far better experience.

Regardless if they make it a full separate release or not, the worst time to play these games is on release. If not for bugs, then for quality of life features and additional content / game modes that they'll add like 1 year after release. Wasteland 2, Bard's Tale IV, Divinity:OS, Pillars 1 & 2, Grimoire, Dragonfall, Kingmaker, etc... everyone who waited (even if they bought it on release) had a far better experience.

You either play a game years after release and have fun, but you are alone or you play it when it's released when you can be a part of conversation about the game, but it isn't as good.

jackofshadows

Magister
You either play a game years after release and have fun, but you are alone or you play it when it's released when you can be a part of conversation about the game, but it isn't as good.
Also, don't forget about these wise words: “Yes, man is mortal, but that would be only half the trouble. The worst of it is that he's sometimes unexpectedly mortal—there's the trick!”.

Takamori

Learned
If a bundle of wood sticks are a sign of woke you guys failed to pay attention to Los Angeles in W2. You basically save a gay couple relation.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Watched a playthrough and saw that this game follows DOS2's model of having every single fucking ground tile covered in some kind of status a la fire, smoke, etc.

Shame.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Well i got myself the gamepass for PC. Now I will actually play it. I would not have spend money on it after the disaster that was TTON and the mediocre shit that was the rest. Let's hope for the best.

Takamori

Learned
That's not woke.

Btw Hard Ass was one of three speech check skills from Wasteland 2. All three were amazingly useless.

Hard ass was the most useless one since you just had like 3-4 quests where it meant something.
Now Smart Ass is a must for several quests, you could only solve Rail Nomad quest with Smart Ass if you want the best outcome, if you want to save Mr. Manner from his retard cannibal diet you needed the skill and several other quests.
Kiss Ass is meh less quests compared to Smart Ass but much more compared to Hard Ass

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Watched a playthrough and saw that this game follows DOS2's model of having every single fucking ground tile covered in some kind of status a la fire, smoke, etc.

Shame.

If this is really true then this might be a big fat nope from me. As soon as I saw those electrical puzzles in all the previews I knew some stupid engine-based gimmicks were being thrown in and would take the focus off the important things like character development and good old-fashioned battlefield tactics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom