Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Duralux for Durabux

7890c61011a61e9aefc423dba18797f3

HAS-E0013-01.jpg

71W3xcqtweL._SL1500_1__78177.1411081068.1280.1280.jpg

latest

Actually, I was wrong nerf guns look more intimidating and more believable.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Imagine getting a prestigious job in the industry only to end up making customisable genitals.

If it pays the bills...
And literally any other tech job wouldn't?

Warsaw is expensive, the alternatives they might have had were probably starvation in a cardboard box under one of the bridges or allowing the non-customizable genitalia of strangers inside themselves in exchange for currency.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
WTF is the deal with that Arasaka SMG? How do you even hold it? And how is the magazine tilted that way, rather than the other way, is the ammo fatter in the front than the back? IT MAKES NO SENSE
KVHhlj6-QzA.jpg

Yes, I'm taking this seriously now.

- Tilted magazine makes no sense whatsoever. It's straight, without a curve, so bolt has to pick rounds from an angled surface? Not gonna work.
- Barrel length is amazing. Some pistols have longer barrels than this. If this huge disk on the non-supressed model is actually a threaded nut which you unscrew with the barrel and screw a suppressor instead, then the suppressed version has no barrel whatsoever! Shooting straight from the chamber.
- I see no place for gas operation, so it's either straight blowback or delayed blowback akin to MP5.
- Bolt handle looks like one from G36, but too far back. This means it has some long ass lever to connect handle and bolt. Unpractical and unnecessary.
- Trigger group should be a compact one, or it will interfere with the recoil spring
- I made an assumption about this thing having recoil buffer, and still, it has too much unused space in the back.
- Buttstock looks atrocious. RIP user shoulder.
- Pistol handle looks awful.

The funniest thing of all is that this SMG is designed as bullpup without being a bullpup! Forgive my mad skillz, but transforming this thing into a bullpup configurations, and it starts to make sense!

b0XwRkAVC1A.jpg

Prime Junta

The funniest thing of all is that this SMG is designed as bullpup without being a bullpup! Forgive my mad skillz, but transforming this thing into a bullpup configurations, and it starts to make sense!

To my eye your bullpup hackjob even looks cooler. Good job.

typical user

Arbiter
That article describes Flathead with info from 2018 which was debunked somewhere in 2019. I don't think those artworks are legit, could be more of unverified info.

As long as I am not shooting some ugly Fallout 4 piperifles I am fairly OK with this.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Call me autist, but...

OACgBqWpQEQ.jpg

here's the diagram of my bullpup hackjob to show the differences.

- now it has an actual fucking barrel. Even with the suppressor, so it's possible to shoot farther than 20 meters
- space in the back is properly used
- pistol grip moved forward, so now it's possible to actually shoulder this
- proper foregrip with plenty of space even for the most big-handed dudes
- there's plenty of space above the barrel to have some sort of gas operation if this thing wants to be an assault rifle

Now, this gun is fairly compact with an adequate barrel length, compared to the original with characteristics comparable to something like MAC-10, but way more cumbersome

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Style over substance is the first of the main tenets of the original pnp, I am sure you are all familiar with that, having read the manual and all. Or perhaps this was all in jest, a joke, if you will?

Also, "a gun triggers me" - what is this, Soviet Russia?

eilef

Educated
I actually understand why some guns look like that. I fully believe that in the future weapon companies will create pink kitty overly feminine weapons just to sell them more. Remember, functionality is nothing for some people, but looks and status are everything. This is just their variant of fancy all pink diamond weapons for "specific" audience.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Russian community Q&A.

No idea what the questions are, but the responses are in English.

Takamori

Learned
I play Monster Hunter so I can't talk much about retarded weapons I'd be a hypocrite doing that, but I understand a gun nut being in despair with the designs.
As for my only true concerns in the game is the dialogues and roleplay, from the trailers the possibility of answers are shallow as a watery tart, but heard that is a non spoilery version? Could be shill talk though.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I play Monster Hunter so I can't talk much about retarded weapons I'd be a hypocrite doing that, but I understand a gun nut being in despair with the designs.
I don't go full realism-autist when I play something over the top and ridiculous - like Russian Overkill, for example. Yeah, here's your belt-fed auto-shotgun, here's your minigun that shoots little jets, here's your revolver that you can throw and it will scream - it's ridiculous, unrealistic and bonkers, but author doesn't pretend otherwise. CP2077 devs talk about realism and """creating believable world""", so it should be put under the utmost scrutiny.

Prime Junta

CP2077 devs talk about realism and """creating believable world""", so it should be put under the utmost scrutiny.

Cyberpunk as a genre is fairly close to the hard sci-fi end of the scale, rampant AIs and voodoo notwithstanding. Where it breaks the rules, it should do so with intent. In my view guns that can't work mechanically or ergonomically just don't fit. This isn't Star Wars or DOOM or some such.

I'm totally fine with the six-wheeled stupid car, that's just bling, and car culture is guilty of much, much greater offences against What Works than that. Gun culture may have some really dumb-looking guns, but non-working guns really aren't a thing AFAIK.

bUFRUfgxQ3yapbtdw9nijw

Zer0wing

Cipher
Ferrari is retarded car designer it seems.
Russian community Q&A.

No idea what the questions are, but the responses are in English.

00:00 - Intro
00:33 - Are there Russian speaking characters or people related to Russian culture?
01:12 - Will it be possible to do mundane tasks, like eating or taking showers, without quests attached to them?
02:04 - How densely is Night City populated? Will the density depend on time of day and/or the story?
02:47 - Can you have sidekicks other than Jackie? How many potential sidekicks are in game?
03:42 - Can you side with any of the gangs?
04:39 - Can you side with any of the corporations?
05:12 - Can you play as a "bad guy"?
05:58 - Can you play as a "good guy" and not kill/rob anyone?
06:47 - Can we drink alcohol, for example, in bar?
07:29 - Will CP77 resemble the Witcher 3 in player's choices and consequences?
8:59 - Can our character become a cyborg?
09:55 - How can we change V's appearance throughout the game?
11:21 - Will it be possible to redistribute skill points/attributes?
12:05 - Weather! Will it change and how? What weather we can expect? Something like acid rains?
12:36 - What transportation we will be able to use in CP77?
13:24 - Will we see any utility vehicles?
13:46 - What other types of income will V have in game, other than contracts?
14:59 - Will there be people of other ethnicities and nationalities who speak their native language?
15:39 - Can NPCs respond hostilely to the player?
16:26 - How does the game treat player death and mission failures?
17:11 - There were a lot of mysterious quests and locations in the Witcher 3. Will something like that be in CP2077? What about horror?
18:14 - Is the story linear?
19:16 - Will there be a multiplayer and when?
19:34 - Is CP2077 a first person shooter or a role playing game at its core?
20:18 - Can you burn down the city?
21:22 - Outro

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom