Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker Builds and Strats Thread

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, besides front liners tend to have a lot feats around so they can take the teamwork feats themselves.

No, there are still more good feats to take than levels to get them, even for front-liners.
There aren't so many feats that are better than Outflank, Precise Strike and Seize the Moment.

Lol. Yes there are. Precise Strike is a tickle.

Efe

Erudite
outflank is top tier.
stm is fine but not mandatory.
precise strike is never worth a feat.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Those lesser rods of metamagic description is so underwhelming yet the impact is pretty huge. Worth the 23k price tag to get both Rod of Empowering and Maximizing to spam the ever living shit out of Harry's Boneshaker.

A question: if I cast enlarge on Amiri will her bastardsword attack become a reach weapon?

RK47

Patron
I found her ok when turned into Ranger 2Hander style.
Pet at Lv 4 - Boon Companion - just enough WIS to casts Lv 1 & 2 spell.
Leaden Blade turned Oversized Sword into a bigger sword doing 4d8 damage is a bit of cheese.
Not bad for early game IMO.

I was tempted to go Vivisectionist for her but INT 10 discouraged me.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Tell me why this Unfair party sucks:

MC: Melee Sorcerer - 1 Monk/19 Sorcerer - Great Axe (or 10 lvls of eldritch knight)
Vivisectionist - Long Swords
Mad Dog/Sacred Huntsman - Bastard Swords - Smilodon
Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow
Ecclesitheurge - Melee with some sort of reach weapon. Animal/Community - Mastodon? (Or Fighter1/Cleric 19 full armor build).

Not sure about pet classes. Seems like they will make early game easier but just die latter.

CotW mod installed for reasons since I'm not using any of the classes.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Leaden Blade turned Oversized Sword into a bigger sword doing 4d8 damage is a bit of cheese.

OK you switched her up. Maybe OK then. Never had the desire to run with her though. Pet will help but she still takes the spot of Jaeth or Ekun who are much better.

RK47

Patron

MC: Melee Sorcerer - 1 Monk/19 Sorcerer - Great Axe (or 10 lvls of eldritch knight)
Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow
Ecclesitheurge - Melee with some sort of reach weapon. Animal/Community - Mastodon? (Or Fighter1/Cleric 19 full armor build).

Not sure about pet classes. Seems like they will make early game easier but just die latter.

I would just drop one of them for Jaethal TBH.
Her undead immunity makes her above the rest.

Desiderius

Patron
A question: if I cast enlarge on Amiri will her bastardsword attack become a reach weapon?

The bigger question is why Amiri is in your party.

I kid, I kid. But seriously she sucks.

Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

Amiri Athletics.jpg

Amiri Cleavage.jpg

Amiri level 2.jpg

Amiri Wispspot.jpg

AmiriBarbAC.jpg

AmiriBarbBite.jpg

Cleavebooter OP.jpg

Desiderius

Patron

Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow

Looks solid. Only missing an Alchemist to pass around Shields and the like, but seems solid.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Well, a pet ain't bad. But personally I tend to make her a Freebooter ranger. Those free party-wide bonuses are too good to pass up on.

RK47

Patron
Yeah I gauged both archetypes and felt the pet has more impact at low level while Freebooter Bane is the universal attack buff. Can always change my mind mid game

razvedchiki

Erudite

yep, you can also use greataxes which have one of the best progresion in the game. or greatswords since she worships Gorum.
if you stick with the bastard swords you will get 2 excellent ones but on the second half of the game.

RK47

Patron

yep, you can also use greataxes which have one of the best progresion in the game. or greatswords since she worships Gorum.
if you stick with the bastard swords you will get 2 excellent ones but on the second half of the game.

I honestly can't stand wasted feats on pre-gen. Which is why I'm asking.
It's nice to know she has auto-reach when Enlarged.
So now there's no reason to stick with 1d10 glaive when I got Alchemist infusions.
Is Ranger feat progression that good that I have to marry her to a weapon through focus? Or should I just avoid weapon-specific feats altogether?

Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow

Looks solid. Only missing an Alchemist to pass around Shields and the like, but seems solid.

You know I can't think of any class that fills the niche so well as Grenadier.
This guy is a non-magical elemental damage dealer that can party buff as well. It makes Rogue seem lame in comparison. Especially when you can simply go Vivisectionist if you want sneak attack damage dealer.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I honestly can't stand wasted feats on pre-gen. Which is why I'm asking.
It's nice to know she has auto-reach when Enlarged.
So now there's no reason to stick with 1d10 glaive when I got Alchemist infusions.
Is Ranger feat progression that good that I have to marry her to a weapon through focus? Or should I just avoid weapon-specific feats altogether?

Weapon Focus is meh and the biggest reason to take it is the fact that it is a Dazzling Display Prerequisite (which is needed for Shatter Defenses).
Fortunately a Menacing Style ranger/slayer gets to skip those.

But you kinda may want to marry a weapon type eventually, as crits are the bomb and you'll want Improved Critical...

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
...and without spells. Lead Blades is pretty sexy. With a big blade, it will take the slayer many sneak dice to catch up.

...then again, Study Target IS pretty great and far better then Favored Enemy.

RK47

Patron
Yeah a bunch of were rats just made a mockery of my party attack bonus. :lol: Only the grenadier saved the day. And I got a bomber jacket out of it. Fitting.

I wanna solve that Attack Bonus issue asap if possible. But maybe I should just slowly build-up the gear.

razvedchiki

Erudite

Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow

its pretty strong, bard+freebooter actually take away one difficulty lvl.
instead of ecclesitheurge i would use a warpriest since you use call of the wild.
also instead of a bard an arrowsong mistrel, only looses the dirge of doom for the auto shaken but has ranged arcane strikes.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow

instead of ecclesitheurge i would use a warpriest since you use call of the wild.
also instead of a bard an arrowsong mistrel, only looses the dirge of doom for the auto shaken but has ranged arcane strikes.

Giving up Dirge of Doom is a steep price to pay.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Its really not the same - particularly after the Dazzling Display nerf.

Desiderius

Patron

Monk/Freebooter - Staff
Bard - Long Bow

Giving up Dirge of Doom is a steep price to pay.

Ultimately Dirge is a little clunky if you're relying on the other great songs, especially on CotW. I'm mostly off of the whole Dirge/Shatter game. I'll take Shatter when I want Display already or can get it Combat Style, and have various ways to get things Shaken when they're not immune, but have ended up getting the AB I need other ways often, with melee relying more on AoOs than iteratives.

PapaPetro

Has anyone tried beating the game on True Unfair Ironman?
Auto-leveling pregen PC and companions.

Desiderius

Patron
Has anyone tried beating the game on True Unfair Ironman?
Auto-leveling pregen PC and companions.

The auto-leveling is reasonably strong due to the way Pathfinder classes are designed.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom