Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Bhaal was not the only dead one, it’s easy to say “we ress them all let the people do what they want is their game”.

also ressing dead gods was extremely common in d&d, i mean mystra die every edition.
It was the laziest way possible, yes. Mystra didn't really die every edition though. She died once during the Time of Troubles on the 1e->2e transition. Her ascended mortal replacement, Midnight, took the name Mystra to ease the the faithful and died in the 3.5->4e transition. No Mystras were harmed in any other edition.

Well, there is also Mystryl being destroyed by Karsus. Granted, that wasn't during an edition transition.

Which was a huge fucking deal, since it lead to the destruction of Netheril.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Bhaal was not the only dead one, it’s easy to say “we ress them all let the people do what they want is their game”.

also ressing dead gods was extremely common in d&d, i mean mystra die every edition.
It was the laziest way possible, yes. Mystra didn't really die every edition though. She died once during the Time of Troubles on the 1e->2e transition. Her ascended mortal replacement, Midnight, took the name Mystra to ease the the faithful and died in the 3.5->4e transition. No Mystras were harmed in any other edition.

Well, there is also Mystryl being destroyed by Karsus. Granted, that wasn't during an edition transition.

I didn't mention her because it is literally ancient history. About as relevant to edition changes as Tyche being split into Tymora and Beshaba, or Jergal giving up his position to the Dead Three.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

I didn't mention her because it is literally ancient history. About as relevant to edition changes as Tyche being split into Tymora and Beshaba, or Jergal giving up his position to the Dead Three.

The entirety of the Avatar Crisis wouldn't have happened if Jergal didn't renounce his position. So wouldn't the Bhaalspawn Crisis. Or the Spellplague.

Let's face it - the guy knew the perfect method to keep himself entertained.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

The entirety of the Avatar Crisis wouldn't have happened if Jergal didn't renounce his position. So wouldn't the Bhaalspawn Crisis. Or the Spellplague.

Let's face it - the guy knew the perfect method to keep himself entertained.
This isn't even that far-fetched. His position as the Lord at the End of Everything may have actually allowed him to see how it would all end.

Gyor

Savant
The NPC personalities are really try-hard. I'm concerned about self-inserts and mary-sues. They seem like they have rather elaborate and grand backgrounds for characters that are supposed to be accessories to the PC's story.

Larian writing.

I'll take a hard pass on the companions.

If they don't let you make your own party/hire mercenaries, I'll pass on this game.

Mercanies by full release is confirmed.

Gyor

Savant
I suspect that there's at least one companion they haven't revealed, one which will be solely a companion, and not a playable protagonist - Minsc. Up until that last comic issue I thought that he would be just an NPC, since he has his own adventuring party and whatnot, but now he is amnesiac, right after the events of Descent into Avernus, heading to Baldur's Gate... too many coincidences.

He's also the perfect "member berry" provider, since his "unique" intellect and ongoing amnesia means he can dispense bits and pieces of references, without us having the ability to drill him for concrete information.

I think he will just be a camp follower, but under certain circumstances camp followers can join the party.

Cael

Arcane
13cf867a2e5c91a909de3fd47ffba67111a94a73.png
I looked at that pic and for a moment thought I was in the VtmB2 thread...

Saerain

Augur
Patron
The NPC personalities are really try-hard. I'm concerned about self-inserts and mary-sues. They seem like they have rather elaborate and grand backgrounds for characters that are supposed to be accessories to the PC's story.
In all fairness, they're also the default PCs. But I know what you mean about grouping them all together.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I'd say all companions also being the main PC is a good idea and a lot can be done with that, but Larian haven't explored those possibiities.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wait, why the fuck would I need split screen coop in a turn based game? What is this?!
Have you ever played any of the D:OS games? Two players can fuck around in two different parts of the map/world, independently of each other.
But why on Earth would you want to do that?

The first rule of adventuring is: Don't split the party

The second rule of adventuring is: Don't split the party.

The third rule of adventuring is: All loot must be shared equally.
And the fourth, unwritten rule of adventuring: players will inevitably split the party.

Nightspore

Novice
Didn't really watch a lot of gameplay or even read much about it, but I hope BG3 will let me unlock chests on the upper floors of the taverns to steal shit. The music better be good, it was a huge highlight of the old games imo. Also if they let us play Githyanki, I hope they'll offer the possibility to play Githzerai.

Narax

Educated
I'll buy it on early access to show my support for Larian, but I'll wait for the full release to play, because I prefer going through the game blind the first time I play them. I just hope the game doesn't attract the attention of the Bioware fandom, or they'll infect it with their romances and soylent.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'll buy it on early access to show my support for Larian, but I'll wait for the full release to play, because I prefer going through the game blind the first time I play them. I just hope the game doesn't attract the attention of the Bioware fandom, or they'll infect it with their romances and soylent.
Maybe you shouldn't buy it then, because that shit is already there. The exact heights of soy levels are yet to be learned of course but if you're that worried - I'd say wait more.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
The exact heights of soy levels are yet to be learned of course but if you're that worried - I'd say wait more.
They were very proud that one of the romance options makes you a cuck. Soy levels aren't really in question.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom