Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

randir14

Augur
So ineptile finally made something half decent?

Can I pirate it already and try it out?
When does this "unlock" on GOG (EST please)?
IIRC
Gamepass told me it unlocks at 8pm EST when I preloaded, which is in two hours. No idea if it's the same for GOG though.

It's release date is 28 August how would it unlock at 8pm on the 27th? Genuine question.

It unlocks two hours from now in the US which would be the 28th in Europe.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So ineptile finally made something half decent?

Can I pirate it already and try it out?
When does this "unlock" on GOG (EST please)?
IIRC
Gamepass told me it unlocks at 8pm EST when I preloaded, which is in two hours. No idea if it's the same for GOG though.

It's release date is 28 August how would it unlock at 8pm on the 27th? Genuine question.

Because the release date is actually 27th in the evening (US time) on PC.
GOG shows me 1h 7m left...

Saduj

Arcane
Because the release date is actually 27th in the evening (US time) on PC.

And here I am thinking that between the edgelords and links to useless reviews, it would take several days for things to settle down to the point where useful information would appear in this thread again....

DeepOcean

Arcane
You know, you'd think after all this time they would be writing more nuanced characters than generic starscream/underappreciated child #2039. Because the first thing an interesting villain tells their enemies is a summation of their internal conflicts and motivations.

Is this supposed to excite people?
Yeah, those patriarch children are really boring, one is LOL Random psychopath cliche that you seen 1000 times before, the other one has an amazing personality so developed that he is defined as a computer nerd, and tough lady thinks she should be leader because acting like a retard rabid dog is what leaders do and you know, she will be bad for Colorado because she is an evil dictator that just say straight away to strangers she meets that she plans to be an evil dictator, after all, you cant let player be confused . What? Ceasar from the Ceasar's legion on New Vegas? Nah, nuanced characters are too much work.

I hope you kill them all on the first act and the real game starts after those dipshits are dead because if they are the main focus of the game, Wasteland 2 looks better, so far.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:deathclaw:
Why not? It is 5 days of playing,day of resting and a day writing. Also who the fuck came up with the game being 80 hours lol? An experienced rpg gamer could finish it in 20-30 hours for sure. Even kingmaker was like 50 hours at most. Wasteland 2 was like 20 hours long,no reason to expect this one to be 80.

Reminder that fanta relentlessly cheats in every game he plays.

Yeah, those patriarch children are really boring, one is LOL Random psychopath cliche that you seen 1000 times before, the other one has an amazing personality so developed that he is defined as a computer nerd, and tough lady thinks she should be leader because acting like a retard rabid dog is what leaders do and you know, she will be bad for Colorado because she is an evil dictator that just say straight away to strangers she meets that she plans to be an evil dictator, after all, you cant let player be confused . What? Ceasar from the Ceasar's legion on New Vegas? Nah, nuanced characters are too much work.

I hope you kill them all on the first act and the real game starts after those dipshits are dead because if they are the main focus of the game, Wasteland 2 looks better, so far.

I don't know what series you think this is, but Wasteland is not about subtlety and nuance or anything resembling grounded.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I don't know what series you think this is, but Wasteland is not about subtlety and nuance or anything resembling grounded.
It is also not about interesting writing too, unfortunately. Over the top/not grounded shouldnt mean boring. I only see boring cliches and alot of cringe so far.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom