Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

It's better to just invest in coordination + int and pick the serial killer trait, so you get two shots in a single turn, and spend the additional skill points from int in the sniper skill since you get much better hit chance bonus from there.
The problem with INT is it actually doesn't increase your skill points per-level, unlike Wasteland 2. That's a big ol' kick in the junk when that realization sets in.

BBMorti

Arcane
My builds are complete!

tumblr_nkpdcnhSGs1tkrmdto1_1280.jpg

Ranger 1 ?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
It's better to just invest in coordination + int and pick the serial killer trait, so you get two shots in a single turn, and spend the additional skill points from int in the sniper skill since you get much better hit chance bonus from there.
The problem with INT is it actually doesn't increase your skill points per-level, unlike Wasteland 2. That's a big ol' kick in the junk when that realization sets in.

What the fuck. I have to start the game all over again. :rage:

I invested in luck because of all those bonuses with extra crits chance and damage and some other shit, which by the way have been activating fairly often on my sniper.

So don't bother putting anything into int. in W3. God damnit, why did they change the system?

Your builds are trash

I just realised int is a useless stat.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Hope its at least shown in game - what each attribute has an impact on.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Hope its at least shown in game - what each attribute has an impact on.

It does, I just can't read. Int helps with hit chance, however you are better off with that +3 action points per kill perk, have a revolver of your sniper for the extra shot. 6 ap = 1 kill with sniper, then get back 3, and hopefully you can use a revolver with that, if not, then save AP for next turn to get extra 2 AP.

My brain is still going around in circles. I fucked up my melee build and my sniper should have taken the other perk. I am a moran!

I am restarting the game for the sixth time, because I am a natural born idiot.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Just launched the game and already got triggered.

In the intro, they cross the frozen lake in two lines.
f99e26bea3db1fb38eacef8432117dce.png

WHY TWO LINES?

Historical precedent: Leningrad was in a blockade for 872 days during WW2. It could only be supplied through the frozen Ladoga lake in winter. Here's how it looked:

2541557108ba578eb7e6317dae9f121e.png

Single line. Not TWO LINES. Cars are SPACED OUT. It puts less strain on the ice. One trail = less chance of thin ice.

And when Russian zoomer idiots drive on untested ice in winter for the lulz, even they keep the doors open so they can jump out on a moment's notice if the ice cracks. Even they're smarter than the rangers, apprently??

I don't know how I'm gonna play this shit... Jesus help me.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
God the load times are *vintage* unity. 3500mb/s of write speed and this thing takes 20 seconds to load

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
God the load times are *vintage* unity. 3500mb/s of write speed and this thing takes 20 seconds to load

They should have had a word with the ATOM devs. Then again, maybe the art of fast load times in Unity is a state secret.

Putin might not take kindly to such secrets being shared.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron

They should have had a word with the ATOM devs. Then again, maybe the art of fast load times in Unity is a state secret.

I believe the secret is upgrading your build of Unity to the very latest version. A secret technique EXTREMELY FEW devs seem to take advantage of after shipping shitty buggy code for years

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I believe the secret is upgrading your build of Unity to the very latest version. A secret technique EXTREMELY FEW devs seem to take advantage of after shipping shitty buggy code for years

Inb4 you die of mysterious polonium related radiation sickness.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Is Blunderer perk worth taking for my melee? 15% chance isn't a lot at the beginning but have -50% crit sounds like it could hurt later in the game.

jf8350143

Liturgist
What's the difference between different difficulties, does the enemy simply have more health(armour) and do more damage? Or is there more enemies?

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What's the difference between different difficulties, does the enemy simply have more health(armour) and do more damage? Or is there more enemies?
From Wiki:

Rookie: Enemies do less damage. You do more damage. You will heal while traveling on the map. You fully heal on level up.
Seasoned: Normal damage. You heal on level up.
Ranger: You do less damage. You take more damage. You heal less on level up.
Supreme Jerk: You do even less damage. You take even more damage. You heal only your CON boost on level up.

I'd like a bit more detailed info though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
From Wiki:

Rookie: Enemies do less damage. You do more damage. You will heal while traveling on the map. You fully heal on level up.
Seasoned: Normal damage. You heal on level up.
Ranger: You do less damage. You take more damage. You heal less on level up.
Supreme Jerk: You do even less damage. You take even more damage. You heal only your CON boost on level up.

I'd like a bit more detailed info though.

I think this is for Wasteland 2.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
How do you highlight items, e.g. crates and shit?

I turned on "highlight nearby items" in config, but it doesn't do anything. And there's no hotkey.

Slaver1

Savant
Damn, well done Inxile. Didn't think they had it in them. Looks like they got additional non-degenerate staff to go with the increased budget. Excellent way to salvage Fargos legacy.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Was it possible to save Major Whatever with medic 1? The option was closed, but I've a feeling that it'd be something "[medic 1] the wounds are fatal", i.e. a useless observation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom