Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just launched the game and already got triggered.
In the intro, they cross the frozen lake in two lines.
Aren't you the guy who complained how the cops in Mad Max didn't follow established police procedures?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
11.500 peak players so far on Steam(stats) (vs. ~19,000 September 2014 peak for WL2 apparently). I always got the impression that MS and Fargo were now aiming for their share of the DOS and XCom crowd, fully voice-overs, co-op, but does Wasteland really hold that appeal?

High number given the price. There must be tens of thousands more playing with Game Pass.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Aren't you the guy who complained how the cops in Mad Max didn't follow established police procedures?
No, I didn't like Mad Max enough to have any opinions on it. It's a boring movie that's not post-apocalyptic enough.
What's that got to do with anything?

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Those glowing MMO weapons make me want to puke.
Eh, it's consistent with canon. Even Wasteland 1988 had weapons like the Proton Ax and the Ion Beamer, robots with lots of flashing lights and glowing radiation everywhere. Cartoonish sci-fi effects are to be expected.

Israfael

Arcane
Ironically, W2 turned out to be the best game of the self-funded KS era (DOS and DOS2 notwithstanding as it was basically a free promotion campaign for Sven), let's see if Fargo has not tier-one'd us this time. Currently trying out 'demo' version, will buy if it's good for what it is. The UI looks to be too big for my liking, is there a way to distance camera farther away and decrease size of every UI element by factor of 2?

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Fucking GOG installer takes half an hour. They should let you create your party while the game is installing.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
sEg0OjC.png

When a name a girl had whole elementary school is too offensive for WL3.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik

f99e26bea3db1fb38eacef8432117dce.png

WHY TWO LINES?

Historical precedent: Leningrad was in a blockade for 872 days during WW2. It could only be supplied through the frozen Ladoga lake in winter. Here's how it looked:

2541557108ba578eb7e6317dae9f121e.png

Single line. Not TWO LINES. Cars are SPACED OUT. It puts less strain on the ice. One trail = less chance of thin ice.

And when Russian zoomer idiots drive on untested ice in winter for the lulz, even they keep the doors open so they can jump out on a moment's notice if the ice cracks. Even they're smarter than the rangers, apprently??

I don't know how I'm gonna play this shit... Jesus help me.
Well they are Wasteland RANGERS. It's not like they are supposed to use brain.
(Of course they are simply following order of theirs superior who has no experience with frozen lakes whatever.)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

f99e26bea3db1fb38eacef8432117dce.png

WHY TWO LINES?

Historical precedent: Leningrad was in a blockade for 872 days during WW2. It could only be supplied through the frozen Ladoga lake in winter. Here's how it looked:

2541557108ba578eb7e6317dae9f121e.png

Single line. Not TWO LINES. Cars are SPACED OUT. It puts less strain on the ice. One trail = less chance of thin ice.

And when Russian zoomer idiots drive on untested ice in winter for the lulz, even they keep the doors open so they can jump out on a moment's notice if the ice cracks. Even they're smarter than the rangers, apprently??

I don't know how I'm gonna play this shit... Jesus help me.
Well they are Wasteland RANGERS. It's not like they are supposed to use brain.
(Of course they are simply following order of theirs superior who has no experience with frozen lakes whatever.)

They all dumped intelligence as they thought it was a useless stat.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
So, apparently my shotgun guy got the friggin cat instead of my sniper. The crit stats are useless for her. I thought the effect was for the whole party, not a single party member, shiet.

Not gonna start a new game again, fuck this.

jackofshadows

Magister
Can someone say rough expectation of end game level, 50, 100? Poindexter seem viable in any case but still - kinda hard to plan out w/o at least some estimation.

Roleplay system was twisted af in WL2, and here it seemed much more clear at the first glance but the more I dig in, the more I feel that not really. It's a Sawyer's nightmare (but even as a bad thing I'd say). Str gives hp/lvl so it's kinda mandatory for any char but Int gives only starting skill bonus thus as some mentioned = next to useless (albeit I haven't seen crit damage multiplier yet because it says only +crit damage). Char gives huge xp bonus so basically skill bonus/lvl instead, luck looks like some joke stat, death wish quirk seems pretty good but sorta scary w/o any meta knowledge...

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Luck is an amazing stat for sniper and it operates along side intelligence for crit chance, there are two different types of crit (normal and luck based).

I maxed out luck, YOLO.

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
noois8d.png
It's better to just invest in coordination + int and pick the serial killer trait, so you get two shots in a single turn, and spend the additional skill points from int in the sniper skill since you get much better hit chance bonus from there.
The problem with INT is it actually doesn't increase your skill points per-level, unlike Wasteland 2. That's a big ol' kick in the junk when that realization sets in.

Is this a bug because see above... Where are you getting this idea INT does increase SP when it quite concretely states that it does? Unless it only applies at level one? The description isn't terribly clear unfortunately.

Last edited:

jackofshadows

Magister
I've asked some guy who posted review today and actually finished the game and he said that end game level is around 20-25 so it possible to max 2 stat and 2 skills per char + few others till 5-6 at best. So, system is pretty tight.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
noois8d.png

Is this a bug because see above... Where are you getting this idea INT does increase SP when it quite concretely states that it does? Unless it only applies at level one? The description isn't terribly clear unfortunately.
This means bonus points on character creation.

(And no it's not a bug. Look at skill point requirements for rising skill from level 7 to 8.)
Edit: Maxing skill in WL3 needs 28. WL2 needs 44. The skill point costs are adjusted to reduced skill point gain because they made everyone average brain average skill person.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom