Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zer0wing

Cipher
There are actually a few snippets of Mitsoda's AP script available online, thanks to a former Obsidian artist that posted these videos on his website. The script rewrite happened so late that these are even voice-acted:
Wow, didn't expect any of anything mitsoda's AP to break the surface.

Semiurge

Cipher
Don't even for a moment consider accepting the second rate smut that is Bloodlines 2. Flynn will set you up.

TrYgV5t.jpg

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

jac8awol

Arbiter
This debacle serves as a nice reminder that games journalism is abysmally shit. Imagine this sort of thing in another industry, a major player fired from his pet project. People would be asking questions. There would be some form of investigation. After days of rampant speculation, no one has a clue. There is dirt to be dug up, but no one has the balls for uncomfortable questions.

Zyondyne

Learned
BTW, is Rik Shaffer and his works are still in? If so, here's our original team member, then.

I believe he was brought as some sort of a freelancer/contract and was not actually employed at Hardsuit Lab. Basically, he came, did the job he was paid for and ... that's about it.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
"Creative differences" has me shaking in my Hot Topic boots, man. The way the corp-speak specifically thanked him just for setting the atmosphere, rather than building the narrative. Red flags, red flags all around. Probably with black flags.

Mitsoda and Avellone made some of the best video games in existence.
New studio of the lost heroes: Chris Avellone, Edward Mortimer, Cole Eastburn, Brian Mitsoda, Eric Sexton, Robert Burke... throw in a based commie like James Desborough as a token.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane

Hey guys we can't make this shit with x amount of people in y time.
Let's triple the x,that will surely decrease y,right?

This is a actual formula being taught for project leads in software development,and it never works.
And i am not even go gonna go in how mythical man moth was written in 70's to talk about bloated teams fucking up money and scheduling.

Bloodlines 2 is not a ubisoft open world game(it looks to be a lil more spacious then 1),it can be made with a very small team in a reasonable time frame.

Semiurge

Cipher
This debacle serves as a nice reminder that games journalism is abysmally shit. Imagine this sort of thing in another industry, a major player fired from his pet project. People would be asking questions. There would be some form of investigation. After days of rampant speculation, no one has a clue. There is dirt to be dug up, but no one has the balls for uncomfortable questions.

Investigative journalism is deader than Bloodlines 2, asking too many questions is dangerous to one's career. Knowing the right people and being connected is vital, but this can easily turn against you when the wrong people have infiltrated an industry and to uncover the truth you must nip the hands that feed. Everything is politics and there is no room for true independence in business.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Maybe existing team leaders weren't effective at getting the game out the door, and the creative lead's job was mostly done anyway, and so they hired a guy that shipped multiple AAA games before to come in and whip people to get it done. Maybe there's no deeper conspiracy beyond normal business decision making. No one ever considers the likely boring possibility though, eh?

Cael

Arcane
This is a actual formula being taught for project leads in software development,and it never works.
"a project manager is a man convinced that 9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month".
Actually ran into a project manager that is like that:
Client PM: If it takes 3 guys to complete that room in 15 days, surely 5 guys can do it in 9 days. Throw 9 guys at it. I want it done by next Monday.
Supplier PM: That is not possible.
Client PM: Of course it is!
Supplier PM: Extra men won't make concrete cure any faster...

snoek

Cipher
"a project manager is a man convinced that 9 women can deliver a baby in 1 month".
Client PM: If it takes 3 guys to complete that room in 15 days, surely 5 guys can do it in 9 days. Throw 9 guys at it. I want it done by next Monday.
What if they blow on it tho?

Cael

Arcane
Adding humidity to something you are trying to dry is not what I would call a winning strategy, dude ;)

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
That's what I was wanting to ask too. Adding two man operated giant fans and sufficient heaters and the concrete would dry in no time. It might became fragile shitty bad quality, but it would cure itself FAST.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom