Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Betrayer in our Midst

Mortmal

Arcane
Powerful posts, and by and large standard at the time.

I have recently reminisced on the past of the Codex, thinking of the old wisdoms such as MULTIHEADED DICKS HITTING ASS AND LEG, and the now unfortunately in large parts lost to time grotesque art pieces sgc_meltdown shared with this once more prestigious community. This nostalgia trip also reminded me of the largest mass internet butthurt event triggered by the Codex, back when VD posted the spoofed Mass Effect interview on the main page, causing much biodrone anal pain amongst gaming site "staff" and message boards alike scattered across the the tubes.
There's no such wisdom or anything left of the old codex, no hivemind either there's no consensus on anything. The only reason you could call this place an hivemind is there many drones with no reproductive organs nowadays.

Maxie

69am1hq.jpg

Maxie

Sure I would've preferred being able to rate stuff in the AG subforum and to gloat in the jRPG one but apart from that my codex experience is comparable
I refuse to participate in some dull horse challenges simply to spam a chat service

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Sure I would've preferred being able to rate stuff in the AG subforum and to gloat in the jRPG one but apart from that my codex experience is comparable
I refuse to participate in some dull horse challenges simply to spam a chat service

Translation: I have the discord to whore myself out for attention now.

Maxie

Translation: I have the discord to whore myself out for attention now.
I will not have a retard throwing aboriginal dances around the box for the past few days over how lovely it is to have Maxie banned follow me around now in a bout of confused sexuality

Howdy

He's a bonger who no longer gets his donger any stronger so goes and fucks monger's.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The Kalinite affair makes it all too obvious that the current administration has lost the backing of the masses and betrayed the ideals of the Codex. In fact, it's no secret to anyone that two trends have taken form in present-day Codex. The essence of the "new" trend, which adopts a "critical" attitude towards "shitposting" has been clearly enough presented by DarkUnderlord and demonstrated by Crispy.

The RPGCodex must change from a place of revolutionary thought into a tamed website for mainstream game reviews to curry political favor from game companies and ultimately line the pockets of the Codex aristocracy. DarkUnderlord has surrounded his political demands with a whole battery of well-attuned "new" arguments and reasoning. He denies the possibility of putting each game under the scrutiny it deserves. He demonstrates the necessity and inevitability of a materialist conception of the Codex. He denies the fact of growing impoverishment in quality, the process of banalisation, and the intensification of ideological contradictions in the wake of the American culture war. He declares the very concept of "shit game" unsound and has completely rejected the idea of a Codex as the source of permanent revolutionary action against the forces of decline.

To proceed. If the Codex aristocracy's political and financial yearnings were still unclear to anyone, here with the Kalinite affair they took the trouble to strikingly demonstrate the "new method". The Codex aristocracy has stopped to theorize but to act.

He who does not deliberately close his eyes cannot fail to see that the new "critical" trend on the Codex is nothing more nor less than a new variety of opportunism. And if we judge people, not by their glittering badges they don or by the high-sounding appellations they give themselves, but by their actions and by what they actually advocate, it will be clear that "freedom from kalinism" really means freedom for an opportunistic trend on the codex, freedom to introduce a mainstream gaming website and "social justice" into General Discussion.

"Shitposting" is a grand word, but under the banner of shitposting for the industry the most predatory games were concocted and sold, under the banner of shitposting the people of the Codex were robbed. The modern use of the term "shitposting" contains the same inherent falsehood. Those who are really convinced they have shitposted in earnest would not demand other shitposts to be removed or even their authors banned. The cry we hear today "Kalin shitposted too much" is just a hollow accusation made by people who have forgotten their roots in favor of ill-begotten fortune on the backs of the Codexian population.

tbc...

Maxie

Grauken - favela tourist, painfully unfunny one-liner kike, non-existent taste in games, sexpat

yet another 'Kalinite' who enjoys the thrill of being unable to shill

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom