Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon Age Dragon Age: Dreadwolf - full reveal in Summer 2024, Solas fangirls rejoice

pomenitul

Arbiter
AAA marketing department gonna mass market, no surprises here.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
On the upside all those writers that worked on Inquisition have been let go ever since... only to be replaced by equally vacuous hacks.
BioWare is still hanging on to several writers from the DA:O days (one of them going back to BG1/2, Luke Kristjanson - he's actually in the video).
Luke's old school--he actually answered questions I sent him about BG1 back in the day--but his presence didn't save the last few games so I'm not sure it matters.

At this point, are enough people even invested enough in Dragon Age to make another game? Especially after back-to-back failures like Andromeda and Anthem?

I also can't figure out if the Solas plotline is the worst thing ever or... wait, no, it's pretty shit.

Since none of us have access to any stats, it's hard to say. Anecdotally, my wife will play the shit out of it, and I will regret all the evils I have brought upon the world.

Padzi

Arbiter
Let's be honest. Andromeda and Inquistion were suppose to be AAA games but how many years of production were just trown into the trash on both of those games? 3-3.5? The games themselves were produced in around 1.5 years through the power of their "Bioware Magic". Wouldn't that make those games AA titles in reality/practice?
Also when I think about collecting 10 penises for the Angara or 10 Darkspawn anuses I tremble thinking what DA4 might become.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Let's be honest. Andromeda and Inquistion were suppose to be AAA games but how many years of production were just trown into the trash on both of those games? 3-3.5? The games themselves were produced in around 1.5 years through the power of their "Bioware Magic". Wouldn't that make those games AA titles in reality/practice?
Also when I think about collecting 10 penises for the Angara or 10 Darkspawn anuses I tremble thinking what DA4 might become.

BioWare magic is just what they named the combination of insane luck and actual talent in previous games. In the real world, mismanagement, lack of direction and hiring so-called "writers" without any kind of pedigree = disaster. Which is exactly what we saw with Andromeda.

Anthem was DOA and anybody with a brain cell could have foreseen that, not sure what they expected tbh.

Padzi

Arbiter

BioWare magic is just what they named the combination of insane luck and actual talent in previous games. In the real world, mismanagement, lack of direction and hiring so-called "writers" without any kind of pedigree = disaster. Which is exactly what we saw with Andromeda.

Anthem was DOA and anybody with a brain cell could have foreseen that, not sure what they expected tbh.

I agree 100%. Those people should not be allowed to call themselves writers.
I'm not gonna lie I had a case of Stockholm Syndrome when it came to Bioware games, but I was cured thanks to "writers" with pink/red/problem hair.

And about Anthem - that game was so bad I forgot it existed.

Narax

Educated
At this point, are enough people even invested enough in Dragon Age to make another game? Especially after back-to-back failures like Andromeda and Anthem?
Check out their reddit and discord, there are still many lost souls clinging to this shitty series, or you could always take a trip to tumblr and check out the shrines they made for their imaginary boyfriends.

I also can't figure out if the Solas plotline is the worst thing ever or... wait, no, it's pretty shit.
Unironically, the dragon age fandom think he has the potential of becoming one of the best villains in gaming history.

:dgaider:

Häyhä

Arbiter
g5WiZ0i.png

Damn son! I know Zoe Quinn wasn't that much to look at before, but she REALLY let herself go in the last few years!

Zeriel

Arcane
If you think ME Jack was in any way physically attractive there's something wrong with you. She was a tatooed skinhead with no curves. Finding her personality attractive I could kind of understand because tastes vary, but she's straight-up ugly.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Jack is a man in everything but name. Including that, actually.

Anyway Dragon Age is another promising series dead at the hands of the modern gaming industry that consists of nothing but bloodsucking parasites and talentless conformists.

Xeon

Augur
I hope they give you the option to kill Solas, if not then I'll call the game shit even if by some miracle its kinda good.

I find it so strange BioWare gets this concept artist for Dragon Age games that has a fairly cartoony style, but instead of making the games look like that concept art (which would not only make their games stand out, but would look better and probably even cost them less to pull off) they go for something more realistic looking. It's weirder because they did use that artist armor designs in Inquisition, which work in their cartoony concept art but look weird in the realistic visuals of Inquisition.

dragon-age-fan-art-head-over-heels-for-qunari-lady-response.jpg

At least from the little they showed in that video of BioWare employees standing outside it seems they're going for a realistic visual style again.

jac8awol

Arbiter
Lead writer has blue hair, goes by they/them, posts on twitter about femdom and supporting the riots. Wanna bet DA4 will not have cishet male romance options?
So he wrote the ugly chicks? Really makes you think.
ME3 Jack was sizzling.

"We want to tell a story where you don't have power. Where the people in charge aren't willing to address the issues."
In before they reveal DA4's big villain to be Donalus Trumpithacus, arch demon of the Orangeum Badlands.

Poseidon00

Arcane
"We want to tell a story where you don't have power. Where the people in charge aren't willing to address the issues."
In before they reveal DA4's big villain to be Donalus Trumpithacus, arch demon of the Orangeum Badlands.

They really have no wit or subtlety to speak of, do they.

Cael

Arcane
I must have rolled over these but now I have some space to slip one in so where would you recommend I pop my cherry, Faggot Age Orgies: Sexual Awakening, or Faggot Age: Inqueershitting? I don't have any interest in number 2 because the characters look too gay.
... How do you shit in a queer?

Asking for a friend...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron

While Andromeda was a bomb Inquisition reviewed and sold very well. It will be interesting to see what lessons they take from such different reactions to relatively similar games.

I'd guess no lessons will be learned. That Andromeda was likely made by a different team I'm sure will only help any takeaways that could be learned to more easily be brushed off. This game almost feels like an example of how long it can take them to learn a lesson. Look at how they're seemingly emphasizing the action aspect of their Action RPG series. Now I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but they tried going more in on action with the second game in this series and that came out in 2011. If they're finally embracing this action road they started down in 2, (and I guess you could say the console version of the first game) it'll only have taken them at least a decade to get there.

Althougth I think that positive glow Inquisition had on release had mostly went away before Andromeda came out, which is why even places like pre-ResetEra NeoGAF were openly mocking stuff that was coming out before release. Andromeda may have been an easier target than Inquisition, but that kind of reaction I don't think would have really been allowed before Inquisition there either.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I find it so strange BioWare gets this concept artist for Dragon Age games that has a fairly cartoony style, but instead of making the games look like that concept art (which would not only make their games stand out, but would look better and probably even cost them less to pull off) they go for something more realistic looking. It's weirder because they did use that artist armor designs in Inquisition, which work in their cartoony concept art but look weird in the realistic visuals of Inquisition.

dragon-age-fan-art-head-over-heels-for-qunari-lady-response.jpg

At least from the little they showed in that video of BioWare employees standing outside it seems they're going for a realistic visual style again.

TsAipyr.png

Narax

Educated
These people are beyond helpless, they already made fan art for the skeleton mage.
AkMN7zl.png
LQnCRSm.png
I just hope the game is a success so its fandom doesn't spread their degeneracy to other game series.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I wouldn't put too much stock in using early artwork as indicator of what the game might look like, though. Bioware's been known to use inconsistent art styles.

d7ek7o4-dbbecbef-bef0-4dff-81e1-ca407d599d28.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom